Author Topic: UCLA student gets tased multiple times  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
"And what pray tell does you discussing it mean?", is what I was getting at. Reading a blip off the net dosent give you all of the points of vew or all the facts to make a judgement on the conduct of this officer.

You were not preasent at those events, you are not a law enfocement professional, you dont even go to UCLA, your statement is either intended to pick a fight with someone on the net or you intended your post to be meaningless. I was pointing out, that that info presents nothign new to either side of an argument (of which there is none), and the outcome of such a discussion yeilds nothing beneficial or harmful, it involves people you dont know, in a place you arent in, with circumstances you dont understand, the outcome of which won't affect you. So quit beating a dead horse and picking fights on line.

We all agree tasers are good for both cop and robber, and a question of appropriate use depends on so many factors that a third party getting info from the internet has no right to judge or rule on the matter. It is obvious that your of the opinion that that guy shouldnt be a cop, fine... thanks for sharing, so what...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 11:59:04 AM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
"And what pray tell does you discussing it mean?", is what I was getting at. Reading a blip off the net dosent give you all of the points of vew or all the facts to make a judgement on the conduct of this officer.

You were not preasent at those events, you are not a law enfocement professional, you dont even go to UCLA, your statement is either intended to pick a fight with someone on the net or you intended your post to be meaningless. I was pointing out, that that info presents nothign new to either side of an argument (of which there is none), and the outcome of such a discussion yeilds nothing beneficial or harmful, it involves people you dont know, in a place you arent in, with circumstances you dont understand, the outcome of which won't affect you. So quit beating a dead horse and picking fights on line.

We all agree tasers are good for both cop and robber, and a question of appropriate use depends on so many factors that a third party getting info from the internet has no right to judge or rule on the matter. It is obvious that your of the opinion that that guy shouldnt be a cop, fine... thanks for sharing, so what...

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm presenting facts, the officer has a history of excessive violence. I didn't need to be there to see it first hand, I don't need to be in law enforcement, and I don't need to be a student at UCLA to be able to read the Bruin article which stated all of this.

http://dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?id=39047

Meh, if you won't even bother to click that link then I guess you won't even bother to read my post and conprehend it. May as well just lock this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline woody

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 12:47:48 PM »
'Facts' are not a given in the Daily Bruin or any other newspaper, especially when it comes to police matters. That's fact number one. Fact number two is these cops did screw up by letting the suspect get control of the situation. Escalating a situation beyond what you want it to be is a classic error by inexperienced cops, or those that just never got it. The fact that they were over and over again yelling at the guy to stand up says they lost control. Then it's just a bigger and bigger mess. You can bet those guys are getting dragged through the wringer by their commanders, as they deserve. Oh well, more training hopefully after the disciplinary hearings and the lawsuits.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by woody »

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »
Quote from: "woody"
'Facts' are not a given in the Daily Bruin or any other newspaper, especially when it comes to police matters. That's fact number one. Fact number two is these cops did screw up by letting the suspect get control of the situation. Escalating a situation beyond what you want it to be is a classic error by inexperienced cops, or those that just never got it. The fact that they were over and over again yelling at the guy to stand up says they lost control. Then it's just a bigger and bigger mess. You can bet those guys are getting dragged through the wringer by their commanders, as they deserve. Oh well, more training hopefully after the disciplinary hearings and the lawsuits.

That's something I can agree with, they let him linger around screaming for way too long. If they had gotten him out much quicker, no one would've had enough time to even get their cell phones out and begin recording this mess.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.