Author Topic: Batteries?  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:50:52 PM »
I don't have a fuse on any of my guns.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 02:00:50 PM »
Not saying no fuses is wrong but Im stating that what the guy did on that post was ridiculas. Why, because he doesn't know how the gun works and was just guessing at the problem. Why take the fuse out when it is being blown? Because he probally read that many other people removed them but did not understand why and the risks/gain.   My point is for people to wake up and stop stating hearsay as if it were a fact.  I heard that someone heard someone say that this definately sucks for sure. Give me a break.  :roll:  Stick with your own personal experience and people you know and trust. You will never go wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline wash warrior

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »
I know what you read, and you didn't read it all the way.

If you were talking to me (not sure if you were or not), I did read it all the way through, and it just got more convincing that CA has a really crappy batch of gears and pistons going out right now. 1/20-ish people said he had no problem with CA gears. So it was not just one bad experience, many people have had this problem. I think it is a systematic error, not just random.
                  AGAIN, I AM NOT SAYING EVERYTHING ABOUT CA SUCKS, I am just saying many people have had a problem with the gears and piston lately.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by wash warrior »

Offline Fish

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »
Quote from: "wash warrior"
I am just saying many people have had a problem with the gears and piston lately.  :roll:

Have you? You probably don't even own a CA. Have you at least ever shot one?  

Start reading other sites... such as arnie's airsoft.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Fish »
\"If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving definitely is not for you. \"

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 07:12:51 PM »
1/20-ish people said he had no problem with CA gears. So it was not just one bad experience, many people have had this problem.

1 in 20 = 1/20 = 0.05 = 5%

That's not a very convincing majority, even if I believed all of those 5% (which I don't).

it just got more convincing

Just because they are convincing doesn't make it correct.  We might not be convincing you of anything, but that doesn't change the fact that tons of people on these forums use CA and not one has reported a legitimate problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 08:04:09 PM »
Quote from: "seanm028"
1/20-ish people said he had no problem with CA gears. So it was not just one bad experience, many people have had this problem.

1 in 20 = 1/20 = 0.05 = 5%

That's not a very convincing majority, even if I believed all of those 5% (which I don't).

it just got more convincing

Just because they are convincing doesn't make it correct.  We might not be convincing you of anything, but that doesn't change the fact that tons of people on these forums use CA and not one has reported a legitimate problem.

Identify the bias in this survey sean, dont let airsoft retreat bamboozle you  :lol:

all AP stats jokes aside....How valuable is this survey, 20 people?  That's a real representative sample of CA gears.  Classic army has clearly made only 25 gear sets AT MOST.  

:roll:

Personal experience will always trump random internet surveys in my book.  Wash, have you ever put classic army gears in one of your guns?  Have you ever owned a CA gun.  The only time i've seen a CA gun fail was an M249 at i think OP dog skull and that was the piston, which is a commonly known issue with that particular aeg.  I have a CA CQBR and I am at least completely satisfied with the durablity and performance of the aeg and while odds are, I will never upgrade it, I have complete confidence in the strength of the internals.  I'm sure many other CA owners have the same great experience with their aegs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »
just bought my ca cqb seals (if you've ever opened one up you see and feel the quality diff putting it back together) . first thing i did was put a 4200 mah 9.6 batt on it. got a hold of mag brand 110 rd midcaps(only thing that keeps up with the rate of fire). then a screw stripped out of the back of the piston head???
and shaved the first tooth off of the polycarb tube. broke three teeth off of one gear. so i fixed it all. and replaced the battery with a 9.6 intellect with a 3600 mah, also put a systema 120 in it. thought the lower mah and stiffer spring would calm it down???
NO! i think it's close to 25 bps. still love the gun and its wicked rate of fire. intellect batteries kick ass, but i'll prob go through polycarbs like crazy. next thing i'll do is put helical gears in it. to me it's a lil expensive but totally worth the rate of fire! :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yammie r6s »

Offline wash warrior

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 09:48:41 AM »
ONCE AGAIN, I am not saying all CA gears suck. But it seems like a very decent amount of people LATELY have had problems with the gears or the piston. It's probably just a bad batch and they will probably fix it real soon, just tellin' you guys what I read, calm down.  
   And Sean, you must have read my post wrong;
1/20-ish people said he had no problem with CA gears.

I ment that one guy on that forum topic said that CA gears were not a problem with him. So 5% says CA gears are working great lately on airsoftretreat.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 06:45:09 PM »
Maybe you should post on airsoftretreat. Cause it sounds like you trust the few people over there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline wash warrior

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 05:25:48 PM »
I do post on airsoftretreat, and I do trust them.
         Alright, my friend wants to get a CA M15A4 (M16 version), and as you all know I am prefer TM. He would get a TM or a CA. I told him CA and TM are the two best brands to get, I told him about the airsoftretreat thing about CA gears too. We kind of decided that he would just get the CA and replace the piston. Assuming the poeple weren't totally making stuff up on that post (makes no sense why they would), does anyone think that would solve the postential gear problem. My impresion from airsoftretreat was that the gay piston caused the gears to strip. **please read the post I gave a link to earlier before you answer my question. It goes until about pg. 2 where some moron asks about centrifugal force.**
   thanks

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »
I have the CQB shorty, and I put a 120 spring in it.  I shot about 1000 rounds through it before I put the new spring in, and there was absolutely no wear on any of the parts.  With the new spring, it's still running strong with no problems.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006, 10:12:50 PM »
I do post on airsoftretreat, and I do trust them.
         Alright, my friend wants to get a CA M15A4 (M16 version), and as you all know I am prefer TM. He would get a TM or a CA. I told him CA and TM are the two best brands to get, I told him about the airsoftretreat thing about CA gears too. We kind of decided that he would just get the CA and replace the piston. Assuming the poeple weren't totally making stuff up on that post (makes no sense why they would), does anyone think that would solve the postential gear problem. My impresion from airsoftretreat was that the gay piston caused the gears to strip. **please read the post I gave a link to earlier before you answer my question. It goes until about pg. 2 where some moron asks about centrifugal force.**
   thanks

My suggestion would be to buy the CA and see how he likes it without replacing any parts.  If the gears really do eff up, just buy a new set... they're not too expensive considering their purpose, you can get a set of Systemas for about $60.  But don't tell him to buy new gears, or a new piston, until he's had a chance to use the gun and put some rounds through it.  I don't think either of you will be disappointed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline wash warrior

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2006, 06:11:09 PM »
right, but he doesn't want to spend $60 on new gears if he doesn't need to. I figured if he bought a new piston then he wouldn't have to worry about it at all and the piston would be good for any upgrading he would want to do.

Offline Zealot

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »
Wow ok someone really needs to set your head straight because ther is something not right up there. Classic Army gears are very well made and reliable. They can withstand up to an m120 with no problem. The piston in Classic Army guns are also great. There is no reason that the polycarb piston in a CA would strip the steel gears. Classic Army gears are definatley not crap and you really need to expirience a CA gun and make your own decisions instead of listening to what everyone else says. And by putting in a new piston in a gun that works fine is not the brightest thing to do. You will be creating more of a chance for the gun to break by messing with it. If it isnt broken dont mess with it and try to "fix" it. Sorry for the redundancy but he just needs to get it pounded into his head.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Zealot »
A \'touchy-feelie\' CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine sniper,asked,    
\"What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist.\"
The Marine shrugged and replied, \"Recoil.\"

Offline hostiledemise

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marauders.us/
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 03:43:56 AM »
I own a CA M15A4 and i have a m120 installed along with a high torque motor, silent piston head set and 4 slot cylinder, ive put atleast 15,000 rounds through it with my 9.6v battery and havent had a single problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by hostiledemise »
Im your local ups guy, what can brown do for you