Author Topic: Teen airsofting  (Read 7008 times)

Offline Trojan Horse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/BMXrace527
Teen airsofting
« on: July 11, 2007, 01:45:39 AM »
I don't know about you "adults" and you "teenagers" but I think we should all be able to airsoft together. I understand why the adults wouldn't want us playing and why teens would want to play with you. But we should all atleast try it, set up an event that everyone is invited. Believe it or not, some teens are good airsofters! Not all of us are unorganized grabasstic peices of amphibian shit. (Full metal jacket, had to use it)

Besides, we are the next generation of airsofters! I think you should be showing us stuff. So airsoft can continue to grow throught years to come!

Teenagers have just as much potential to be as good as the adult airsofters. More than likely we are more athletic, faster, and intense. Our only set back is cash! But alot of us can afford high end AEG's so really there is no difference. But you might be saying we would make bad descisions, well after 1 or 2 games we will learn, like i said before you should be showing us. If not, airsoft could be doomed in the later years!

What do you say?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Trojan Horse »

Offline dnguyenaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:32:27 AM »
no way in hell I'd host a game with all ages without restrictions. I wouldn't want to deal with the issues you have having younger people go(unless you have parental consent or the actual parents there then I wouldnt mind). It's just to much of a hassle to deal with. And I have no problems with younger players playing. Its just over the past young people have made a bad name for themselfs. I should know I did some pretty stupid things back in the day myself.
Oh and i hate these topics. Why are you trying to defend youself. just act civil and there would be no problem. ive seen like 20 of these topics pop up in the past month.

edit: oh btw can you shrink your sig. its way to huge
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dnguyenaz »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:54:20 AM »
I voted no.

Quote from: "dnguyenaz"
edit: oh btw can you shrink your sig. its way to huge

right click, ad block
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:21:48 AM »
I voted no.

You are right about the future of airsoft, but you must understand that most players over 18 don't want to play with minors.  

I have no problem showing some younger guys my kit, or even letting them fire my AEG or GBB.  The catch is that your parent shows up with you to the game so they can see what it's all about.  It's one of the AA rules that was made, and has stayed that way, for a reason.  

Like we tell everyone that asks this same question, in the meantime feel free to learn all you can from this and other forums.  Save your money and buy good shit when the time (meaning your 18th birthday) comes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline PHX COBRA

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:13 AM »
No.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PHX COBRA »

Offline jax archillies

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
i ahve no issues playign with younger people.  maybe caseu the socal ones havnt given me a bad taste yet.

either way as long as there was some sort of waver that doesnt make the older players liable for any injuries the younger players under 13 could sustain, i'm not sure why this is about 18+.  dont most "organized" places require wavers for under 12?  never seen 18...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by jax archillies »
Jay Zarecki

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
No. All I have to say is ask yourself this, as a 15 year old, would you want to spend your free/recreational time with someone who is 5,10, or even 15 years younger than you?

Btw Jax brings up a good point, who's going to make sure no one gets sued at such an event, you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline jax archillies

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »
as for the age thing i see your point, hoever, we're not talking abtou hanging out, we're talking abtoua  sporting event.  soas long as the younger person can step up to the plate and keep up with the general playing field, i have no issue.

however using the original posters "faster and more intense" words, if this is the case, it seems liek he has an issue playing with over 21's due to age alone.  when it is always gonna be the older people/players who have more experiance etc, and speed never wins an airsoft match alone, but skill, strategy, and clear thinking.  persons under 18 do not have this yet.

however, that said, i woudl still play with them, cause ive played wioth some people who are about 14 or so, that are probably the most honorable, team friendly players ive seen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by jax archillies »
Jay Zarecki

Offline TheStenGun

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
I will be honest; playing with 13 year olds would make me feel kinda creepy. It would be like being "that guy" at the paintball field that is always trying to get you into his windowless van to see his puppies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheStenGun »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »
Quote from: "jax archillies"
i ahve no issues playign with younger people.  maybe caseu the socal ones havnt given me a bad taste yet.

either way as long as there was some sort of waver that doesnt make the older players liable for any injuries the younger players under 13 could sustain, i'm not sure why this is about 18+.  dont most "organized" places require wavers for under 12?  never seen 18...

And they evidently taught you how to spell.  :lol:  FYI, the little red dotted lines you see when typing means you spelled some shit wrong. ;)

And for goodness sakes people, let's not go down the legal road here [AGAIN!].  There are alot of reasonable people in AA that can pretty much talk anyone into, or out of, alot of things.  Know what I'm saying?

"Listen bro, I'm sorry you broke your nose falling down that ravine, and that you're 15, but it's all good.  Here, have an MRE." :D

or

"SHIT!  Park Rangers.  Let MXXXY do the talking!!" :lol:

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »
Quote from: "TheStenGun"
I will be honest; playing with 13 year olds would make me feel kinda creepy. It would be like being "that guy" at the paintball field that is always trying to get you into his windowless van to see his puppies.

Too funny.

Everyone on this board that attends or has attended an AA game had to follow the rules to get to that point. They were able to manage. If you want to put together an all ages game, by all means, go for it. You just arn't going to get a rediculously large turnout.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline PolandsLeftTesticle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 11:50:40 AM »
I voted no. I'm a younger guy myself, and I know I can be and that a lot of people my age are assholes. AA's current rules seem just fine with me. Teens at least 16 can get sponsored and allowed into AA games if they wished. I don't have a good source of income and no gear except my ICS AK-74m, so I will not be doing so anytime soon.

It's not worth playing with the big boys unless you're a big boy yourself.

Kids as young as 13 join this forum. And they're all indignant, outraged because they can't play with adults. There are lots of other alternatives to AA games. You just have to look out for them, and that's partly what these forums are for.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolandsLeftTesticle »
Quote from: \"SHIHAN\"
I never knew that three inches was the minimum length for a handgun barrel. I guess all of the anti-gun politicians wont be able to register their penises.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »
Quote from: "PolandsLeftTesticle"
I voted no. I'm a younger guy myself, and I know I can be and that a lot of people my age are assholes. AA's current rules seem just fine with me. Teens at least 16 can get sponsored and allowed into AA games if they wished. I don't have a good source of income and no gear except my ICS AK-74m, so I will not be doing so anytime soon.

It's not worth playing with the big boys unless you're a big boy yourself.

Kids as young as 13 join this forum. And they're all indignant, outraged because they can't play with adults. There are lots of other alternatives to AA games. You just have to look out for them, and that's partly what these forums are for.

Minors, take note.  This is the kind of kid that get's sponsored.

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 01:30:05 PM »
I voted no, not because I hate minors or anything, but because I prefer to airsoft with my age group or older.  As a 15 year old, I didn't feel like hanging out with people who are out of high school.  I'll take a guess that most of the minors here feel the same way as I did.  It's not like AA is banning minors from airsoft.  Just have your own games, be responsible, and get a good kit when you're 18 like azsarge said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline Trojan Horse

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/BMXrace527
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 01:48:17 PM »
Jax you 100% correct! And of course there would be wavers! Wouldn't havign a waver being signed, void all oportunities of someone getting sued? Also wouldn't teens have just as much of a chance of falling into a ravine as an adult? And Poland you remind of the kind of kids who will change their attitude to who he/she is around, I think your just a fake.
Nosmo the reason why I said this is because, It's hard for people my age to find a group of airsofters who can take it seriusly rather than as I said before, "unorganized grabasstic peices of amphibian shit".

http://gilbertairsoftorginization.freef ... /index.php
this is the group I currently go with. Most of them are serius and it's really fun! But I'd also like to go to a game with more than 7 on 7.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Trojan Horse »