Author Topic:  (Read 1065 times)

Offline HavHav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: September 04, 2003, 03:25:07 PM »
1) The chances of finding an abandon warehouse are incredibally high...In downtown Phoenix. You cant run around with guns in the middle of a city! So you would have to find one out in the middle of no where, which would be very difficult!

2) Unless we bought the rights to the property, we could not just set up a store! It would be very expensive and time consuming for those already managing airsoft games, family, and managing an airsoft site with near 500 people registered!

3) Proper licensing (Bus. Lic.) Is required, and once again, it would still cost A LOT of money to set up a store. If you want to hold the guns, goto Command Post or Game On. If you want to buy a gun, get a feel for it, and buy it off the net or from someone on the AA forums!

I have the same feelings as you about these things! Why they cant abandon the Bank Of America and 2 city blocks around it? I dont know! I sure would like that! But for the other things, you must realize that people have jobs, school, family, and just them setting up the site was an honor! So I must say, Thank you Paco, Kamikaze, Airsofter1, and Harley! Without you many of us would be stuck with paintball!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline Me-Ushi_Kami

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/muryon3
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 05:03:58 PM »
Yeah I understand where u are coming from and all that since most of your points I thought of but i figured i would post them any how and see what people thought. They might even spark some other ideas that are a little more down to earth.

If nothing else i could always pray to win the lotto or have bill gates be an airsofter and see the forum and do at least 1 of the ideas :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Me-Ushi_Kami »
<b>\"On a long enough time line the survial rate of everything is 0\"
\"Posting at the speed of spam\" ~me</b>

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 05:07:39 PM »
And he would have to decide to move from Washington state to Arizona!

Offline Me-Ushi_Kami

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 05:18:59 PM »
i can dream cant i ?

Offline Me-Ushi_Kami

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 05:30:16 PM »
Here is a much easyer idea for AA.. what about an IRC channel?

Would that be easyer to get people to chat in then the chat rooms? I mean dont get me wrong the chat room is very nice but i get on it almost everyday for a few hours and i never see anyone come on. I think it would be better to set up an irc room and beable to do live chats with each other there. Then if u are alone the person running the channel can setup a trivia bot so u can play trivia while u wait or something. Just an idea

(sadfully enough i had that idea last night in a dream.. is it sad to dream about airsoft?  ..seriously)

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 07:48:41 PM »
The chat room here is mostly for "scheduled" chatting.  Try posting a time when you want others to show up in the "Scheduled Chats" forum and I'm sure some others will show up with enough notice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 07:53:41 PM »
Chat rooms are too hard to hold a decent conversation in.  Too much rambling.  If you have an idea then post it and get your feed back on it.  Chat rooms are in my opinion for kiddies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
I've had dreams about airsoft! Primarily this one that stands out, I went to a party, and this is before I had any airsoft gun at all, and they had this person walking around holding a basket. I thought it was food, so I reached in, and they were Spring Glock 26's. Wierd? Very! Back On Topic, Chat rooms are good for just chatting. But if you have a specific problem, then use the forums!

Offline Me-Ushi_Kami

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Ideas for furture airsoft
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2003, 03:19:56 PM »
Ok take this how you want.. but more then likly it will come off as rambaling but something usefull might come out of it.

Idea-1: I am currently running around tring to get people into airsoft and i ran in to one of my friends at work and we both thought that a 'good' urban match would be great. Is there any way we could possably find any abandond property or something like it and set it up for something like that  (probably for CQB ) a hotel or large store would be fun :P .. i imagine this wouldnt be an easy task but has anyone tried or thought of it?

Idea-2: If someone did find a good hotel that they could get their hands on and set up for like urban matchs and what not how well do u think it would be to set that up as a small store/airsoft arena?  Or would AA be at all interested in doing something like this?

Idea-3: Setting up a decent store here in Arizona .. all the stores here are pretty much crap. They have poor high priced selections from what i hear. (if i am wrong may i be struck down and giving the directions to the shop) I mean it couldnt be all that hard to setup a decent shop here with good selections (dont know about price but still ). I personally like to beable to touch and to hold a gun before buying it.

Well those are the ideas we came up with when we where bored at work. I understand some of them are a little out there .. but why not dream big? :P  Any how if u have any ideas / comments / or flames :P about my ideas or any other ideas .. i welcome your posts