Author Topic: echo 1  (Read 1578 times)

Offline poinierdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
echo 1
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
My friend is deciding to get a good airsoft gun.  He is looking at echo 1 and jing gong.  he is wondering which one he should get.  He is 5 foot 3 and ok strong.  he is also wondering if he should get an m4 or an m16, or which other gun you would recomend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline m249gunner

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: echo 1
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »
from experience with echo 1: m4, g36c, m14, and SAW are very adequate weapons.

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »
The difference between an M4 and an M16 is gonna be pretty minor.  That comes down to personal preference regarding size.  If he's only 5'3'' He'll probably be better off with an M4.  Hell, I'm 6'1'' and I roll with a M15A4CQB which is a bit smaller than an M4.

I'd highly recommend going with an m4/m16 platform, as mags are plentiful, and mass produced gear is almost always made to fit M4 mags.
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline BoStOn

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftshots.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:59:43 PM »
I would probably say to go with a CA M4.  I like them better than Echo 1 and the sportline costs a little less.  When it comes down to choosing what model of gun, it needs to match his type of game play.  If he like to stay back and take pot shots at people then he should go with the M16 or M15A4 that has a longer barrel.  If he is more of an "up close and personal" player he might think of getting something with a shorter barrel and a collapsable stock to make it easier to maneuver with.  The best way for him to pick out his gun it to either play a game with one that he is interested in buying or going down to a place like Gear Box and handling each one and seeing which one is more comfortable for him.
\"Each picture has its own value. Each cost us something. Sometimes it cost us blood.\" —Van Bao, North Vietnamese photographer

\"The brave ones were shooting
the enemy. The crazy ones were shooting film.\"

Offline Twitchy Konigkeit

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »
if he does decide to go with an Echo 1 M4, i bought mine at LCVI since my AK was about to explode.  I've had it since used it for many games, and at LC VII she is still doing fine.  It's a great gun in my opinion.

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
I have an echo 1 m4 and i have had no troubles with it or anything. if he can't decide on an m16 or an m4 why doesn't he get the m4 tactical its an m4 front and an m16 back.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline swift-silent-deadly

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
echo 1 are made by jg, but echo 1 has higher quality control. plus another thing you get with echo 1 is the 30 day warrenty. the only problem i have seen with echo 1 is the slight barrel wobble because of the plastic body. if you want have a cqb type gun i would recomend looking into the echo1 scar, with the folding stock. the scar has a metal upper body, and a moderate sized battery for about $220. its quite sturdy and has no barrel wobble. if you want an m4 echo 1 makes stag arms, which are also fine guns if you are on a buget. i have the echo 1 stag m16 dmr enhanced version, and it works just fime for me, it costed me $170 on airsoft gi. if you have more money get a classic army with a metal body, or upgrade your echo1 with a metal body. another thing to look at, if youre getting a cqb type m4, is to get one with a full stock. the full stock holds a bigger batery, which means higher rate of fire, and longer play time. you can also get an m4 with a collapsible stock, but then i would highly recommend getting a peq box to hold a bigger batery, which in turn youre gonna have to make sure you get an m4 with rails to mount the peq box on. echo 1 guns also come with a battery and charger. if you dont have a lot of maney to spend just get the echo 1, they're fine guns.
I dont need to confirm my kills, all that matters is that they\'re dead         Team: KILO 11          LIBRALS will take  your  guns slowly, by adding taxes and restrictions, until it will be so hard to get a gun that only \'\'outlaws\'\' will have them.

Offline GnarlyBlakers

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »
I say get a CA sportline. or if his price rang is higher get an  original armalite, tho for m4 or m16 its all about style of play.

Offline master guns

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 01:21:15 PM »
i have an echo 1 m16 and i gotta say i was let  down  the barrel wobble is pretty bad  the stag arms is alright  but get a metal body!!
its not an attitude problem, we are just that good. team dark horizon- team leader

Offline master guns

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »
swift your gun is one in a million there bodys almost always break and need to be replaced
its not an attitude problem, we are just that good. team dark horizon- team leader

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 02:23:21 PM »
Quote from: "master guns"
swift your gun is one in a million there bodys almost always break and need to be replaced
You are full of it. Echo 1 is an excellent medium range gun, and often a strong competitor for higher-end weapons. Echo makes an extremely good product at a realatively low price. I have owned many Echo 1's and just as many CA's and TM's, I found the biggest difference between the Echo's and the CA's/TM'S was that the "High-end" guns, (CA/TM) cost me almost twice as much for a realitively little difference in performance, the only major item that stood out was the metal body of the CA armalites, which while nice, can be heavy and/or costly. Echo 1 is well on their way to becoming a recognized high-end name, as they are already widely recognized in the airsofting community. One of the things that have bothered me for a long time is the mindless belief that, "If it costs less it can't be as good," this is rubbish in Echo 1's case. They are great guns at a great price, and I would recomend them over any sportline CA. People are just unwilling to admit that their 400$ stock CA's or a what-have-you can be shown up by a gun that cost half the price. Echo is the best of both worlds, and comes at an extremely low price, so stop talking trash about something you have done no research on just to sound like you know something. Just go out and play, its what we should do best.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 02:38:17 PM »
Sometimes you get a poorly made weapon out of thousands made by Echo 1 and that can turn someone away from a company by that experience. I have had an Echo 1 M4 for almost 1 year and a half and am STILL on stock internals, I upgraded the battery to a 9.6v and fire lots of full auto even. They are well built weapons..... if you have never bought one, then how can you say they are crap? Partially it is also about how well you maintain the aeg.
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »
A friend i play with bought an ECO 1 stag M4, all stock externals with the exception of the barrell, shoots around 320 with .2s and has a decent rate of fire. I've played with it a couple of times and i must say it is a very solid gun (internally), now me personally would never buy a gun with a plastic body and keep it that way, but thats just me.

and since hes had it he has taken a metal body and installed it and i must say it feels great, he was a bit straped for cash at the time and then when he got some more funds added a metal body and it feels great.

And as for the CA sportlines, ive heard nothing but great things from them, Held one at APD and it felt solid enough, never fired one though.

Offline puck117

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »
I got a CA sportline m15, tac stock    G&G GR16 and echo 1 stag m4. My favorite out of those 3 is the G&G but the CA sportline is phenomenal, feels very solid and no barrel wobble and it shoots about a static 365 fps. I use my echo as more a loaner or backup weapon simply because it does not feel as solid as my other 2, also had mass barrel wobble issues that I was constantly retightening the barrel nut.

Offline saw gunner clayton

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »
i would say the saw would be a good choice, but it requires alot of maintinence and troubleshooting to keep it working. but still it has to be the easiest gun to remove the gearbox and dissassemble.