Author Topic: Camp Navajo Event  (Read 5456 times)

Offline museumofmilitaryhistory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Camp Navajo Event
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »
One of the reasons for hosting an event memorial Day weekend is so that we do not have to get bumped by Camp Navajo's training schedule. In addition, the Museum of Military History will be hosting this event. Mark is taking over the Combat Challenge side of things to put on a different program. I was simply going to maintain the same format as Balkan Hammer. In addition, I'll be bringing more armored vehicles but that will be the only changes that you will notice.

I've been hosting WWII events since 1997 and now expanded those events to include airsoft as well. Chris Mark and I first put on the Combat Challenge events and decided that it would be best to separate the Museum sponsored events and the Combat Challenge events. Mark will be putting on the Combat Challenge. I just wanted every one to be clear on that. In summary, you will get a 1st class event, meals, modern barracks facility, intense battle scenarios and generally, a great weekend of excitement.  

Chad Lares- Event Coordinator
(480) 313-0330
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
so the RSVP page and what not wont be on the combat challenge site? Will there be a cost and what not? Id really like to make this one since i missed Balkin hammer.

Offline sniperfighterx

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 03:00:55 PM »
i had a blast at the last one i'm so there
Sometimes I don\'t know is the best answer

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 03:47:34 PM »
Hey Santa.... Just as an fyi Riley is about 1200 miles from Tempe. It’s quite a drive. Plus have you ever been in the Midwest in JUNE!!!! Nothing like 100deg with 90% humidity. At least in AZ when it's 110 you can go in the shade and you will cool down. If you have a heat index of 110 the shade if not as effective. Not trying to discourage you just some food for thought from a guy who spent 35 years in KC and many an A.T. at Riley
"America might have some problems, but it\'s our home. Our country. Our team. And if you don\'t want to root for your team, then just get the hell out of the stadium"........Stan Marsh

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
^ I would probably go to this over lion claws anyway, and I think california is the longest i would travel (unless there was some big incentive to go).

Offline Pheonix 797

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
IMO some of the fun is the travel with regard to Lion Claws. Some of my best memories are actually from the drive out to the field.

Offline Sergeant First Class Keenan

• Sergeant Major
  • AZ Army National Guard - "Protecting What Matters"
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Army National Guard
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
I'm a firm beliver the whole reason theres an Arizona is cause people got to the middle part and said "really, all that for this?" and kept on a going. F-Kansas
Sergeant First Class Keenan
Marketing & Advertising Manager
AZ Army National Guard
Cell: (602) 377-6322

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
^yeah, the drive to california isnt that bad, and probably fun, but if there was a big event right up in flagstaff id probably take that over LC, plus from what i heard at LC the room and board arent provided, meaning you've got to find a place to stay, eat, ect ect. not teribly hard, but not very fun having to comute to and from the feild, unless im wrong and you do sleep near the AO (which i very well could be)

Now I would never drive to Kansas, I've driven back to Indiana before, and It was terrible, driving 3 days in a car alone.... the back wasn't that bad becuase I had 2 friends that were moving to california. but living with us for about a week untill all their stuff was moved over and what not, but I dont think id ever drive that long again, alone or with friends. So flying out to kansas for a weekend airsoft event is a No for me, maybe if it was something a whole week long i might consider it.

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 09:50:18 PM »
Quote from: "Fat_Santa54"
^yeah, the drive to california isnt that bad, and probably fun, but if there was a big event right up in flagstaff id probably take that over LC, plus from what i heard at LC the room and board arent provided, meaning you've got to find a place to stay, eat, ect ect. not teribly hard, but not very fun having to comute to and from the feild, unless im wrong and you do sleep near the AO (which i very well could be)

Most people camp at LC.  For me, the trip and the camping make up a big part of the weekend.

Several of us drove non-stop to Kentucky a few years ago for Irene III and a few did the same thing the following year to IV. It was fun, but being stuck in a car for 30+ hours is rough, especially after playing for two days.
Not dead yet.

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »
LC is ALL about the camping and goings on in the evenings and very little about the airball....

With advance planning it is less expensive to fly to events like OPNS, OPI, OPBD.....

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 03:50:56 PM »
is there any new infromation about this event? is it still going to happen?

Offline BonesM4

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »
If there is CC in may i love to go my team and i were talking about LC casue we weren't sure if they were having CC but if you do we will be goign for sure we had a great time at balkun hammer 2 =D>

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »
Quote from: "BonesM4"
If there is CC in may i love to go my team and i were talking about LC casue we weren't sure if they were having CC but if you do we will be goign for sure we had a great time at balkun hammer 2 =D>

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, Combat Challenge is no longer with The Museum of Military History.  It's on this post, In short the two entities thought it would be better to go separate ways.  viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23331

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline BonesM4

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Just to make sure we are all on the same page, Combat Challenge is no longer with The Museum of Military History.  It's on this post, In short the two entities thought it would be better to go separate ways.  viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23331[/quote]

So can we clarify whats going on cause most of this post are after the post the no longer with the museum

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 07:58:34 PM »
The museum of military history and combat challenge were teamed up to put on the events such as balkan hammer and red dagger. Museum had the legal and the half tracks, combat challenge had the hummers and the game organization. They have since parted ways and at this time we have no idea as to weather there will or will not be a game in may. Since we have not heard anything we are thinking that there will not be such an event.

We are trying to figure out alternatives to the LC events but it is tough to find good venues for large scale events here in AZ. We wouldn't do it if we couldn't do it right, please be patient.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."