Author Topic: madbull barrel vs other barrels  (Read 2853 times)

Offline SVT Cobra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: madbull barrel vs other barrels
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »
So far I have owned a PDI 6.01 430mm, a KM 6.01 333mm, and a DBC 6.01 430mm.

The KM 6.01 333mm is currently in my MP5 and it is an awesome barrel, made of steel. It is 8 years old and still shoots tight groupings (for an MP5), I forget how much I paid for it since I got it 8 years ago. It has a teflon coated nickel finish which makes cleaning a breeze. I am really fond of my KM tightbore.

The DBC 6.01 430mm was in my BAR 10 for a while. Its a great barrel for the price (~$50) and it is made of brass. It has a 1000 round break in period and cleaning is a bit harder than SS barrels. They also have a universal cut, meaning you can use them with VSR/Pistol hop-up units, or AEG hop-up units. In other words, I could interchange the DBC barrel between my BASR and my AEGs. Unfortunately DBC is currently out of business, so finding a brand new DBC barrel will be difficult (depending on length).

The PDI 6.01 430mm is also an amazing barrel, but the most expensive I have owned (~115). Its made entirely out of stainless steel and easier to clean than the DBC, but a bit tougher than the KM. The reason why the PDI barrels are expensive is because they have the best tolerances, are made of SS, and have to be imported from Japan. I purchased the PDI barrel because tight tolerances and high quality is very important for bolt action sniper rifles (BASR). I did notice an improvement in precision when I switched from DBC to PDI in my BAR 10.

If you plan on purchasing a TB for an AEG, then you might not need the PDI tolerances. I have heard some good things about MadBull, the price is definitely a plus. EdGI barrels are probably better however. Please keep in mind that I have no experience with the MadBull barrels or EdGI barrel, I am merely posting what I have read from other users.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
I am the same SVT Cobra on Airsoft Retreat.

Offline bigwally77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »
i acually just put a madbull barrel in my gun a 455mm 6.03 thing works great i get more distance and very tight groupings so for price a great buy

Primary--Tokyo Marui M4A1 w/ Leapers 4x scope, Madbull Foam Blackside Suppressor, and Madbull 455mm 6.03 Tightbore
Back-up--Please my primary is a TM

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »
Quote from: "bigwally77"
i acually just put a madbull barrel in my gun a 455mm 6.03 thing works great i get more distance and very tight groupings so for price a great buy

Yea, but the issue has been (and I'm not the only one) that after a while they lose a lot of their accuracy.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
Do you have empirical information detailing this, nukeduster?

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »
To end this a little, I have two views. First being,
I like Madbull tightbores, I have put a black python in almost every gun I or my friends have purchased, I have seen an increase in performance as a result.
Second,
I have only ever paid for 1 Prometheus barrel, it works nicely, but nothing much higher then the madbulls, however, I was recommended, while taking an AEG disassembly class at APD, that the 6.03 diameter barrel is the best diameter for airsoft, in the instructors experience, and that Prometheus was the best of these.
Hope this helps
I would recommend the madbull, I have never seen any drop in performance over time, if they are well maintained, have had one for in, with good use for over 6 months now.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline PhaedrusZen

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »
I'm curious about how a barrel could lose it's accuracy, unless it's being damaged by being dropped or not being cleaned or something. I can't see the bbs we use wearing the barrel down or anything.  ;)

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »
Well...I am getting a madbull barrel from Gearbox...so I hope its good ill let you guys know how it works ok?
Piss lightning, sh*t success.
Sweat more in practice, bleed less in battle.
You can not strengthen the weak without weakening the strong. -Abraham Lincoln

Offline bigwally77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »
all i can say is good choice and just make sure u clean it with some silicon oil before u use it

Primary--Tokyo Marui M4A1 w/ Leapers 4x scope, Madbull Foam Blackside Suppressor, and Madbull 455mm 6.03 Tightbore

Offline SVT Cobra

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »
I agree with bigwally77, for $30-ish you really cant go wrong. The Mad Bull barrels at Gear Box are the "revised" versions, which are MUCH better than the initial barrels Mad Bull released.
I am the same SVT Cobra on Airsoft Retreat.

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
So i just put some silicon oil on the inside before or after i install it?

Offline bigwally77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 11:24:22 PM »
get some silicon oil and put it on a little piece of paper towel and put that little piece of paper towel through the loop end of a de-jamming rod and push that through the barrel a couple of times to lube it and clean it

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »
Ok i did that, man it shoots like  :D/ ...its very accurate thank you very much!

Offline bigwally77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 04:31:54 PM »
No problem man that's what this site is for