Author Topic: New to GBB  (Read 2055 times)

Offline axisofoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New to GBB
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »
You CAN leave it in indefinitely. It WILL leak out in about a day or two.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
Quote from: "xXmusicimpactXx"
@axisofoil Yeah makes sense. I would only use it as a primary if my M4 is too high fps to use in a cqb environment, otherwise it would just be my secondary. Especially with Co2 mags at $30 a piece, I'd maybe buy one extra but that'd be it. Hey a question about Co2... How long is it safe to keep the Co2 in the magazine before it stars to risk ruining the mag?

I've no personal experience with Co2, but I'd say as long as your not leaving a full cartridge in, and your seals are well maintained (basically lubed properly), then I peronally wouldn't see an issue. I know with green gas mags you want a little in there to help keep the seals under pressure to prevent them from stretching excessively with each fill. I'm sure it won't hurt, but I'll let an experienced guy with Co2 answer that.

Question for you though, xXmusicimpactXx, what's the fps on your M4 currently, or what spring are you running? That would let us now if you'd be running on field or maybe cqb regulations for fps.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »
@axisofoil Thanks for the tip.

@nynone My primary is an Echo 1 M4A1, So I believe the stock spring is an M110...? It shoots around 370 fps with .20s to my knowledge. Great for field ops :)

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
Quote from: "xXmusicimpactXx"
@axisofoil Thanks for the tip.

@nynone My primary is an Echo 1 M4A1, So I believe the stock spring is an M110...? It shoots around 370 fps with .20s to my knowledge. Great for field ops :)

True. I believe field req's are 330 with .2g... so maybe a spring swap for cqb play (a 100 should be fine). If you are going to play more cqb, better invest in a new spring (like 15 bucks), and just swap for field games. That would be my recommendation. A spring swap, once learned, is a tool that is nearly priceless. Also, it's very easy to do. Not much required to swap it out other than a screwdriver and spring pretty much.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 06:02:38 PM »
FPS limits are set by each field and their insurance companies... there isn't a single standard cqb limit.

And, the tools necessary to do a spring swap vary depending on the gun. Many also require several sizes of allen keys, a punch, and a pair of pliers.

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
I totally forgot the v2 isn't the only gearbox out there  ](*,) . true, cqb doesn't have a set rule on fps, just saying from the average of what I've seen around.

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 11:18:25 PM »
Thanks guys. Echo 1 M4 internals are pretty much like any other M4 internals, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard, though I only know basic maintance takedown, and I'd be extremely hesitant to risk breaking my $170 (that's a lot for me) gun if I don't know what I'm doing ><. Generally field fps limits (from what I've seen) are around 400. That's what me and my friends set the limit at and it works well as long as we respect the 5 foot cease fire rule :). So now I'm just contemplating between that 1911 GBB or an MP7....I found an H&K MP7 that shoots around 300-320 fps on airsplat for $100. I love MP7s cause they can be used as primaries or secondaries, however a pistol is still a bit more compact (especially when used as a sidearm), and owning a GBB would be kinda cool lol. Anyone have any experince with that particular MP7, or just MP7s in general?