Author Topic: NEW indoor Airsoft Field in Gilbert  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Sk8rSeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: NEW indoor Airsoft Field in Gilbert
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 01:31:56 AM »
talked to the guy, about $15 a game, [unless hosted by someone else] and $5 for 1,000 rounds of .20. he said you have to use their BBs, u cant bring your own.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
ESSE QUAM VIDERI
 "dont follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is not path and leave behind only a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 01:41:16 AM »
Alright that is about what I expected. And how many hours or whatever does that $15 last?
VTT - Volk Tactical Team.

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
Oh and also, is it required to wear full face masks? And do you know if I would be able to meet the owner or something if I dropped by?

Offline Sk8rSeth

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 01:56:21 AM »
that buys u i think 5 hours? i dont remember. and yea full face is required. you can prolly meet the owner if u drop by he is there a lot.
ESSE QUAM VIDERI
 "dont follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is not path and leave behind only a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 01:59:40 AM »
Sweet. What's the exact address of this place? I don't recall seeing that in any posts but I'm sure it's in someones post. And do you know if goggles and one of those heavy cloth-type face protectors would be allowed? I kinda hate wearing masks cause they always get fogged up and move all over my face and they just kind of annoy the hell out of me hahaha.

Offline GhostSOCOMM4

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://wolfpacktacticalsblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »
Like VTT, I live in Phoenix, its like a 15 minute drive. Its not TO far though.

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »
Quote from: "VTT"
Sweet. What's the exact address of this place? I don't recall seeing that in any posts but I'm sure it's in someones post. And do you know if goggles and one of those heavy cloth-type face protectors would be allowed? I kinda hate wearing masks cause they always get fogged up and move all over my face and they just kind of annoy the hell out of me hahaha.

Vanguard Paintball & Airsoft
3821 e Baseline Rd
Suite J-132
Gilbert, AZ 85234
United States
Ph: 480 507 9420

Straight from their website...  http://tinyurl.com/2fh4muo

In other words, it's on the SE corner of Val Vista and Baseline.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline GhostSOCOMM4

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://wolfpacktacticalsblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »
I herd like $15 for 5 hours.

Offline Pick

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
Only thing I not really liking is that you HAVE to use their bbs. Their prices are not too bd but I prefer to use heavier bbs they slightly more accuracte in my book
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. - Sun Tzu

Offline Spicoli

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »
Quote from: "Pick"
Only thing I not really liking is that you HAVE to use their bbs. Their prices are not too bd but I prefer to use heavier bbs they slightly more accuracte in my book

I agree. Very reasonable, actually good game pricing, but $5 for 1000 .20's? It's not so much an accuracy thing with me as it is a bb-cost thing. I mean, I could get a heavier, more accurate round for less than that.

But on a side note, the arena looks awesome. Can't wait til it opens!

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »
using .20's at this arena should present no problem whatsoever...

take into account the velocity of the weapons, and the engagement distances.. it won't be a big deal at all

i don't know about them making you purchase ammo there, i'll have to ask next time i'm in the plaza..
see you space cowboy...

Offline Pick

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
Quote from: "carbon14c"

take into account the velocity of the weapons, and the engagement distances.. it won't be a big deal at all

i don't know about them making you purchase ammo there, i'll have to ask next time i'm in the plaza..

My point is its my god given right to pelt someone with a .28 at 450fps at point blank range if the deserve it  :twisted:
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. - Sun Tzu

Offline Spicoli

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »
Quote from: "carbon14c"

I have absolutely no problem using .20's at 360 fps. But I have my own preffered brand/quality .20's that I would like to use without paying an additional $5.

Offline Spicoli

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
My point is its my god given right to pelt someone with a .28 at 450fps at point blank range if the deserve it  :twisted:
 :shock:
I can't agree with you there... ha

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »

I agree fully!

But I talked to the guys from CQBAZ, when they were open, about this particular deal. They sold their own BBs, and limited use to the ones they sold. The thing is, for different insurance policies, and other legalities throughout contracts and such, they are required to limit ammunition usage. I believe if they are "caught" letting other makes, or selling other makes/brands in the store, their insurance policies are revoked, and they not only lose some sort of license, but also possibly have a lawsuit on their hands. Don't quote me on all this, but I'm sure this is pretty accurate with how the terms and conditions in their contracts lie. Airsoft is very dangerous when it comes to legalities, and they try to control as much as possible. It's kinda like the coffee incident with McDonalds. Guy orders hot coffee, spills it on himself (accident or not, doesn't matter), and sues since the cup didn't warm him it was hot. Those kinds of things are why they control as much as possible. Restrictions and regulations are put in place simply due to idiots/f*** nuts, or people who enjoy a "too intense" game for others (like 450+ fps guns shooting .3g BBs at point blank). Hope this makes enough sense for you guys.

Other than the price of ammunition being high, it's reasonable. Plus, look at why they charge high ammo prices: They need to pay their employees, pay the electric bill (that a/c can't be cheap to run by any means), and make enough of a profit to stay up andd be stable to keep people coming back.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."