Author Topic: KJW 1911 MEU  (Read 2708 times)

Offline vibora

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Corporal
  • Mile High Airsoft
    • View Profile
KJW 1911 MEU
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:22:11 PM »
I'm in the market for a new sidearm and the KJW 1911 MEU caught my eye. It doesn't quite look like every WE 1911 out there, and I've had a fabulous experience with KJW guns (just sold a KJW P226). Something else I find interesting is that it appears to be a copy of the Marui MEU, at least internally. This is a huge plus for me as there are a multitude of aftermarket parts for TM guns.

My only problem is that I thought that the WE 1911s were also TM copies. However, the KJW and the WE are not compatible, as far as I know. Also, does the KJW have any advantages over the WE, or vice versa? For example, I think KJW puts a very good paint on their guns; it almost seems like it is a baked or ceramic finish. WE on the other hand, still has brush lines in the finish. Does anybody own this gun that could help me out?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: KJW 1911 MEU
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:52:38 AM »
First off, welcome to the ASAZ forums. You've certainly come to the right forum, as I know just about everything there is to know about this gun :). I bought it back in late August and have used in multiple airsoft wars since then, as well as plenty of target practice, and this gun continues to satisfy with every shot and every kill.

I don't have any personal experience with WE GBBs, but I can tell you the paint finish (save for the orange tip) on this gun is one of the best. I've had this thing swinging around in my holster, clambering over trenches in the rough desert terrain while it's in hand, all kinds of things, and the paint remains completely flawless, save for one tiny chip in the orange tip, and the expected wear in the back of the gun where the hammer hits with each shot.

As far as comparing it to the TM MEU, The KJW MEU (or KP07, as it is also known) is actually far superior to the Marui, for a fraction of the price. It features an enhanced red loading nozzle, as this gun is able to use Co2 as a power source as well as green gas. I'm not 100% sure if it's compatible with Marui parts, but even if it's not, KJW parts are widely available, most of which you can now get on AirsoftGI.com. You are correct however, on KJW's incompatibility with WE parts.

Now onto performance.... This gun will hit distances of up to 100 feet with exceptional accuracy, and even up to 120 feet accurately with Co2. The main difference between green gas and Co2 is power. The gun kicks harder, shoots farther, and at a higher FPS with Co2, though green gas is still a very adequate power source. I can get about one full mag's worth of shots (give or take about 5 or so shots), which is 26 rounds, out of one fill of green gas. With Co2, however, I can get between 2.5 and 3 full mag's worth of shots (give or take 5-10 rounds) before needing to replace the Co2 cartridge. FPS is 330 with green gas as chrono'd by ASGI when I bought it, and Co2 is said to chrono around 350, which seems accurate based on my experience with the gun. Also, this thing is loud and can be intimidating. I've had friends with high end AEGs literally dancing their way to cover while running away from me with this thing. Ahh, good times.  :D  

The biggest letdown on the KP07 is the fact that the barrel is not threaded; therefore, you will not be able to attach a silencer. As far as any other issues.... When I first bought it, the Co2 mag's gas release pin and spring behind it kept popping out when firing the gun. After this happened on several occasions, and I put it back each time, the problem somehow fixed itself, and it works perfectly now. I should also note that everything else, including the green gas magazine, has performed flawlessly since day one. Let me also say that this gun is no lightweight; it is made entirely of metal, and weighs in at around 4 pounds (maybe a little more) with a fully loaded magazine. Great weight in your hands, and is balanced perfectly throughout the gun, however if you plan on running around the field with it holstered, particularly on a leg/thigh holster (as I do), be prepared for a bit of an adjustment period, as you will definitely notice the extra weight.

Overall, I really can't say enough good things about this gun. It feels extremely comfortable in your hands (especially with the rubberized grip), white painted front and rear (and adjustable!) sights work perfectly, mag capacity is great, cyclic rate is amazing (fires as fast as I can pull the trigger), accuracy is great with .20g BBs, power is ideal, and it is just plain fun to shoot, be it in a game or in your backyard. Everyone I show it to who hasn't already seen it is always impressed by both its aesthetics and performance. Best place to buy it is AirsoftGI, as they give you two magazines (one green gas and one Co2), as well as optional free shipping, and from now till 1/3/2011 they're doing a promo for 10% off your entire order. Even without the promo, $125 for this top quality gun and TWO magazines really is an unbeatable price!

So, does that about cover it for ya?  :P If you have any more questions about the KJW KP07 1911 MEU GBB pistol (it's full name), please don't hesitate to ask.

Offline vibora

• Corporal
  • Mile High Airsoft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
That was an amazing response; thank you.  I am planning on purchasing from overseas if I do get it, though.  It's just about the same price getting it from Ehobbyasia as ASGI, and there is no extended orange barrel on the Asian version.  My last KJW gun had that nasty baked-on orange, and I never want that to ruin a beautiful gun like that again.  Ehobby also carries the silver MEU mags, which people say are better than the standard KJ 1911 mags. Is this true in your experience?

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:42:47 PM »
Anytime dude. :D

Didn't know that about the orange tips from EHA. It must be because the gun laws are different in Japan (or Taiwan), than they are here, right? By the way, do you get both a Co2 and green gas mag when you order from EHA?

As far as performance-wise, I have no personal experience, though I'm sure they're about equal. However, the silver green gas mags with the black base plates look freakin' sweet, so you can't go wrong there! One thing I should probably note about the green gas mag: Say I fill it up with gas as I'm getting all geared up right before I'm about to start a day of airsofting. However, I don't end up using the green gas mag until several games (1-2 hours, even) into the day.... I'll only get about 10 shots out of the magazine before it runs out of gas. I load up both the green gas and Co2 mags before each game, and for awhile I was using the Co2 mag first, as I preferred the increased gas efficiency and, more so the increase in power and range. However, I'm now switching to using the green gas mag first, to avoid the aforementioned problem. I don't think I have a faulty mag, since it works flawlessly in every way.... My guess is it just mostly leaks out after awhile, but that kind of makes sense that it would at the same time.

Anyways, just something to let you know about. Still doesn't change my opinion about the quality of the gun or the manufacturer at all. Let me know what you think of it once you receive it! I remember staring in Aw at its beauty and craftsmanship as I pulled it out of the box.....  :shock:

Offline vibora

• Corporal
  • Mile High Airsoft
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »
Yep, gun laws are definitely different there.  I think you only get a green gas mag from EHA, but I'm not sure.  As for the mag issue, it's not that big of a deal.  I usually carry around green gas with me during games anyway if I have time to reload in the field.

As far as upgrades go, is the KJW compatible with all the aftermarket parts for the TM MEU?  Like, if I want to put a tightbore in it?  I happen to have a spare Madbull Black Python tightbore for my WE Hi-Capa; do you think it'll fit?

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 08:11:40 AM »
Don't expect to get it from eHobby without an orange tip.

Offline vibora

• Corporal
  • Mile High Airsoft
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
I'm definitely expecting orange, but hopefully it will come off easier than the baked stuff.  As long as it comes off with no damage to the underlying paint, and the barrel is the right length, I don't care.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Not sure about its cross-brand compatability, however I would venture to say you have a better chance of it accepting TM parts, as the KJW designed is based off Marui's.

As for the orange tip, I believe even from ASGI, the paint on the orange tip is different than the paint on the rest of the gun; hence the reason the rest of my gun's paint job remains near flawless, while the orange tip got a chip in it after the first game I used it in, so I wouldn't make that your deciding factor in where to purchase it from. Not to mention, even if you're not a fan of Co2, it's still great to get the second mag for free, so why not buy it from a USA online shop instead?

In fact, come to think of it, I'm almost certain I've seen people with completely eradicated orange tips (which  reveals a nice silver tip, if memory serves) on their KJW KP07s in a couple video reviews on YouTube, and they bought it from an American store, so I'd have to go ahead and say not to worry about it.