Author Topic: Reloading  (Read 4398 times)

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Reloading
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »
They sure do! Found at your local Wal-Mart. If nothing else, pick up a pack just to try the gum, it's good stuff. :P

Haha I actually have a CamelBack. While I do love and appreciate the invaluable benefits it provides, I find the extra weight majorly hampers my mobility. Don't really need it for the generally quick games of Fort Adobe and whatnot, however I'm sure I'll be wearing it for a longer, all day op or something of the sort when I start attending those.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheBoy988

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560727808
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 01:07:57 AM »
The camelback's that are set up for packing are a pain when it comes to mobility. However, the hydration carriers that are designed to integrate with molle rigs are completely indispensable in my opinion. Even for the short games, it really sucks not having some water after you've just sprinted across an open area. I'll always have mine attached to me rig. But thats just me.
"Don\'t fire and correct! Fire correctly!" - ME

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »
Well mine IS just a normal backpack type thing, though I managed to figure out a way to securely attach it to the back of my vest. Maybe when I upgrade vests one day I'll look into investing in one. You keep any other supplies in your camelback while you're in game?

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »
Quote from: "xXmusicimpactXx"
Well mine IS just a normal backpack type thing, though I managed to figure out a way to securely attach it to the back of my vest. Maybe when I upgrade vests one day I'll look into investing in one. You keep any other supplies in your camelback while you're in game?

Nope. Not I. On my vest, it's just barely big enough for my 3L bladder.
When I run without my vest, and use my OTHER, backpack style camelbak (my dump pouch and some pistol mag pouches are mounted on my belt with a leg-rig for sidearm :D  ), it's just not worth keeping other stuff in there. Especially when my dump pouch is right there... waiting to hold my random stuff.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"

When I run without my vest, and use my OTHER, backpack style camelbak (my dump pouch and some pistol mag pouches are mounted on my belt with a leg-rig for sidearm :D  ), it's just not worth keeping other stuff in there. Especially when my dump pouch is right there... waiting to hold my random stuff.
3L? Lol and I thought 2.5 was already heavy enough. :P
I'm guessing you use that belt rig for CQC like Vanguard? Sounds like an awesome set up.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"

3L? Lol and I thought 2.5 was already heavy enough. :P
I'm guessing you use that belt rig for CQC like Vanguard? Sounds like an awesome set up.

I use it when I don't want to carry my sniper. Lets me drop my vest if I need to and just run my pistol.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
Ohh ok gotcha. I get to try out sniping for the first time at Fort Adobe tomorrow : ). Figured for now, if someone gets the jump on me, I'll just leave my sniper where I'm at, pull out my pistol and deal with the threat, then go back to sniping. A lot of people use slings with their snipers, but wouldn't slinging something so big and heavy too severely hamper your mobility?

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Ohh ok gotcha. I get to try out sniping for the first time at Fort Adobe tomorrow : ). Figured for now, if someone gets the jump on me, I'll just leave my sniper where I'm at, pull out my pistol and deal with the threat, then go back to sniping. A lot of people use slings with their snipers, but wouldn't slinging something so big and heavy too severely hamper your mobility?

If 10-15lbs (Up to 26, I suppose if you're THAT GUY who lugs around a barrett) severely impedes your mobility, I suggest an exercise routine and a diet.

Offline CBDennis

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:36 AM »
This seems like it is turning in to one of THOSE threads....

Offline TheBoy988

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560727808
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
I don't carry a lot of things on my rig either. Pistol pouches, 5.56 mag pouches, hydration carrier, and a small pouch for extra ammo and a pouch to hold an extra battery. Everything else can go in an assault pack and be dropped. Wise man once said, everything on your rig should be used to kill some one. Everything else is dead weight.
"Don\'t fire and correct! Fire correctly!" - ME

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »
If you are wanting to get a bit more into gear and how you can better utilize gear to assist your needs, I highly suggest reading what other people have already tried.  You can find more here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10679

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
If you are wanting to get a bit more into gear and how you can better utilize gear to assist your needs, I highly suggest reading what other people have already tried.  You can find more here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10679
Thank you, that link was actually very informative.