Author Topic: NEW! VIP Custom Color BBs now Available!  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Ocean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: NEW! VIP Custom Color BBs now Available!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 12:49:36 AM »
Well I went there tonight and used the new BBS....They are a light neon color and are absolute shit. They broke 3 of my mags. Over half of the players there (There were like 50) complained about how the BBs made their mags not feed right and skip shots. They are horrible, the whole entire night people were complaining.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Offline xtremeairsoft

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"
Quote from: "xtremeairsoft"
they actually arent that expensive. 1k is $5 and 4k is $15. thats the same as regular BBs

Did that change?  Because that's certainly not what I was charged when I went last.
that was the price when i went

and ocean: they are pretty crappy. you can see the seems and they arend polished and dont feel like quality

but they worked in my gun
Zach Parks

Offline poinierdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:26 AM »
Quote from: "Ocean"
Well I went there tonight and used the new BBS....They are a light neon color and are absolute s***. They broke 3 of my mags. Over half of the players there (There were like 50) complained about how the BBs made their mags not feed right and skip shots. They are horrible, the whole entire night people were complaining.

Seriously?  My mags are really finnicky and only like ICS and echo 1 bb's, so I guess that means no vangaurd for me.

EDIT:  I say that maybe vangaurd, you guys can increase the price of a session by 10 bucks, and let everyone bring their own bb's, but they have to chrono with your's.

Offline Dayton

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
Yup, those are the BB's they handed out to us Last Saturday (12th).  They were pretty poor quality, were very hard to make work in my speed loaders, and jammed one of my Magpul Emags. (I got it un-jammed, but still)

You guys aren't going to make us use these BB's for Left For Dead are you?
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline poinierdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »
jeez.

Well, I had to spend over 70 dollars because of one crappy bb like a year ago, so my friends and I are not going to vangarud until they get rid of the crappy bb's.  (Here is the 70 bucks that I had to spend a year ago)

Air nozzle:  10
Repair at gearbox: 30
Bucking: 10
New hop up unit. (Snapped my old g36 one trying to force it on the barrel after getting a new bucking, because my old one tore after a crappy bb went through)
20 bucks.

So, no vangaurd for me i guess.  :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:10:23 AM by poinierdude »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
Vanguard, -better shitcan those crappy .bbs quick, it ain( worth the bad word of mouth.
..Seems like so many business are cheaping out nowadays.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Quote from: "poinierdude"
jeez.

New hop up unit. (Snapped my old g36 one trying to force it on the barrel after getting a new bucking, because my old one tore after a crappy bb went through)
20 bucks.

That's not their fault in any way. That's your fault for breaking it. I especially find it hard to believe that you could imagine you are entitled to both compensation for paying someone else to fix it AND you breaking it while trying to fix it.

Offline poinierdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"
Quote from: "poinierdude"
jeez.

20 bucks.

That's not their fault in any way. That's your fault for breaking it. I especially find it hard to believe that you could imagine you are entitled to both compensation for paying someone else to fix it AND you breaking it while trying to fix it.

WHOOPS.

Didn't make it clear that my gun wasn't broken by a vanguard bb, just some bb's that my friend had in a jar like a year ago.  Sorry for the confusion.

I know, I am just saying that because of a crappy bb that that happened.  I am not saying it is the manufaturers fault, but if the bb's (I can't remember what brand) had just been round, then I would have $70 bucks in my pocket.  I am not saying that I deserve compensation for anything.  I am just saying that I won't use any low grade bb's at all in my gun.

Offline VIP - Vanguard

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vipairsoft.net
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »
Quote from: "Exarach"
Quote from: "xXmusicimpactXx"
, so in a way it kind of evens out. Not a bad idea in my opinion.

Perhaps a paid membership for a year? Pay like $100 down, and then only have to pay a $5 field fee, and get like 1000 free pellets a session?

We do offer a Member program. You can find more information about this at our website and at the front desk of our store location. It provides BBs and a discounted field fee.

Our BBs are the same quality as our past and any that we sell in the store. They do not split or pierce skin at the FPS level that we run in the field.

We are considering some other promotional ideas as we realize the costs have gone up, however, they are not much more expensive as they used to be. The biggest difference is that the quantities sold which makes the prices different. We used to provide 500 and 1000 bags, and now we provide 1000 and 4000 bags since our players will be able to bring them back.
Vanguard VIP Airsoft Arena
3841 E. Baseline Rd.
Gilbert, AZ
(480) 507-9420
www.vipairsoft.net

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 11:02:44 PM »
Quote from: "VIP - Vanguard"
Our BBs are the same quality as our past and any that we sell in the store. They do not split or pierce skin at the FPS level that we run in the field.

You know, the fact that you effectively ignored peoples comments about the quality and just stated they don't split or pierce skin (which I didn't see anyone mention) is not exactly what I would call a good defense.  While I did not have them cause any problems with my gun, I certainly agree that the quality of these BB's are on the low side.  Nobody is going to want to pay to play at a field where you are required to use BB's that increase the odds of your gun breaking.

Offline poinierdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »

You know, the fact that you effectively ignored peoples comments about the quality and just stated they don't split or pierce skin (which I didn't see anyone mention) is not exactly what I would call a good defense.  While I did not have them cause any problems with my gun, I certainly agree that the quality of these BB's are on the low side.  Nobody is going to want to pay to play at a field where you are required to use BB's that increase the odds of your gun breaking.

Yup, I am not interested in taking the risk of using crappy bb's.  Also, all 9 of my friends who regularly go to vangaurd are not going back until higher quality bb's are used.  Especially since we all run tight bore barrels, which increases the risk of a jam significantly.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 11:33:30 PM »
Oh snap, Vanguard boycott! Gotta say, even I'm hesitant to go there in light of this news though.

Offline JLee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • freshblacktop.com
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »

Gotta agree with you there.  I'll find somewhere else to play to avoid clogging up my gun. There's absolutely no excuse for having a field-BBs-only rule and then only selling garbage.

Offline xtremeairsoft

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 07:25:27 AM »
yea, we should be able to just bring our own bbs like at fightertown. me and my 4 friends that go to vanguard arent going anymore
Zach Parks

Offline irishmaster

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
I have never been to vanguard.  But I really got to say.  This thread is really going to keep people away.  When the hot summer comes, i would like to go there.  But this tread really makes me think, there might really be something wrong.
Fighter Town Airsoft
HAS THE BEST
DAM FIELDS (5) IN THE STATE