Author Topic: Airsoft GBB Semi/Full-Auto Shotguns  (Read 7483 times)

Offline Renengan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Airsoft GBB Semi/Full-Auto Shotguns
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 12:43:11 AM »
Why are people comparing an 870 to a saiga? I said SEMI-AUTO! I am aware of pump actions... KWA is coming out with their GBB AKs so I was just simply suggesting that they should just put 3 barrels in it (if possible). No shells, just a GBB AK with 3 inner barrels, it's that simple.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

"He who goes to bed with an itchy butt, wakes up with a smelly finger..."
Wolf Pack Tactical
http://wolfpacktacticalsblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfPackTacticalAZ

Offline kman94

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 07:56:10 AM »
Quote from: "Renengan"
Why are people comparing an 870 to a saiga? I said SEMI-AUTO! I am aware of pump actions... KWA is coming out with their GBB AKs so I was just simply suggesting that they should just put 3 barrels in it (if possible). No shells, just a GBB AK with 3 inner barrels, it's that simple.

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Offline Renengan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »
Quote from: "kman94"
That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Aww thank you, that makes me feel great. I'm sure no one would buy it just for the badass affect and it's obviously not just going to be an the next step above a M3 tri-shot pump action. (sarcastic if you haven't noticed)
PLEASE NO CONFLICTS OR OFFENSES, I DON'T WANT MY TOPIC LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Pack Tactical

Offline kman94

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 09:54:01 AM »
First off, I don't see anyway that could possibly work without some type of manual action (ie pump), if gas, it would eat up gas, bb's, and probobnly just be too expensive for something that is only useful for cqb.

Offline Renengan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »
Quote from: "kman94"
First off, I don't see anyway that could possibly work without some type of manual action (ie pump), if gas, it would eat up gas, bb's, and probobnly just be too expensive for something that is only useful for cqb.
i already have a few ideas on how it might work. it aslo might be great for a sniper back up (a short barreled or foldable version). it would be a awesome gun to have and i've been in a alot of situations where it would have been very useful and might have saved my life (airsoft life)...

Wolf Pack Tactical

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 01:45:40 AM »
Mad Maxx double-barreled shotgun. Shoots 7 bbs per shell, and the shells aren't ejected when shot, in typical double-barreled sawed-off fashion  [smilie=armata_pdt_01.gif] . Great backup or for cqc, even if it only holds 2 shells at a time. I'd love to get one for the awesomeness factor someday haha.

Offline Mute

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 10:25:14 AM »
A GBB shotgun with external operation to the Saiga would not be particularly difficult to construct from a mechanical standpoint.  Internally, the mechanism is already 80% there as evidenced by the existence of the Maruzen series and the more practical ACM M500 clones.  Some redesign would be required for the feed system in order to transition from a tubular magazine to a removable box but the problems there are trivial.  The more difficult problem would be designing a system of actuation for the bolt such that the pump action is no longer required.  Likely it would involve incorporation of the standard GBB rocket valve system or a double action system similar to NBBs.  I'd advocate for the NBB way of doing things personally due to the inherent mechanical reliability assuming the trigger wouldn't be more than a pound or two.  

As to barrels: Maruzen and ACM clone versions only use one.  They just chamber multiple rounds prior to expelling them.  This is desirable in a gas system where multiple barrels lead to multiple points of failure.

As to utility: any form of airsoft weapon utilizing a shell ejection system, irrespective of cool factor, is severely limited even in a CQB setting.  Multiple simultaneous shot weapons do however have their place in a CQB setting like Vanguard where fully automatic fire is restricted.  I have had particular success employing my ACM in conjunction with a secondary.  As  a primary I can deliver significant volume of fire over an AEG operating in semi, and there are certain psychological advantages held by the operator in employing the weapon against adversaries.  Further, the effect of multiple simultaneous impact of projectiles on the target increases probability of exceeding the sensitivity threshold required for registering a hit.  Obviously these utilities have significant diminishing returns with range.

Having said this, please do not go out and purchase a gas shotgun.  I enjoy being one of the few guys who run one and I don't want you scrubs appropriating my mojo.

Offline Mr Random 42

• Sergeant
  • " alea iacta est "
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
+1

That pretty much sums up what people think of GBB shotguns in general, they're just too impractical for airsoft; very well said Mute.
Remnant Force Airsoft

"alea iacta est"

Offline Crono0001

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://jagxops.com
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
M500 5-burst gas shotgun is what I own.  I like it.

Full auto would be a waste of pellets.

Offline Katana0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »
I also have one of those ACM M500's, which has slowly become my main over my WE g36.  The spread actually does wonders over a distance of maybe 30ft, and having a semi-auto would be pretty nice every once and a while.  That being said, I think that the multi-shot shotgun has to be used entirely differently from an AEG, and making a semi-auto shotgun would kind of diminish the usage differences in the two different types of gear (which isn't exactly a good thing IMO)

From a technical standpoint, I've been trying to figure out how to make something like a Saiga for a while now, I just dont have the means to test anything I've come up with lol.  But even if you do end up using more gas, that gigantic magazine can hold more than enough for a system like that.