Author Topic: Systema PTW Y U SO EXPENSIVE?!  (Read 6971 times)

Offline sinfulpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Systema PTW Y U SO EXPENSIVE?!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
Quote from: "MLA PRO"
I would choose a GBBR over a Systema any day.

+1 A well built GBBR is worth more in my book than an AEG. I'd gladly spend $800+ on a well built GBBR with quality internals and externals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 04:38:17 PM »
Sweet, someone actually agrees with me :P

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:53 PM »
Of course the GBBR is still going to fail far more frequently than a comparably priced upgraded AEG.  Especially if you include mag prices in the equation.

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »
^ Mag prices. One of the main downfall of GBBRs.

Offline sinfulpain

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"
Of course the GBBR is still going to fail far more frequently than a comparably priced upgraded AEG.  Especially if you include mag prices in the equation.

If a manufacturer machined the major parts like the upper/lower receiver, and trigger mechanisms (minus the trigger box, since that itself doesn't really encounter much stress) out of steel (for high stress/wear parts)/aluminum (for low wear parts), the failure rate would be almost nil. Good rubber for the o-rings would reduce the problem of leaky mags.

The cost of the mags isn't unreasonable, considering what it takes to make them, and put them together.

Part of the cost is demand. There isn't enough demand right now to bring the costs down enough for the manufacturers to make a living, so prices have to be higher.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 03:39:15 AM »
Quote from: "sinfulpain"
Quote from: "XavierMace"

If a manufacturer machined the major parts like the upper/lower receiver, and trigger mechanisms (minus the trigger box, since that itself doesn't really encounter much stress) out of steel (for high stress/wear parts)/aluminum (for low wear parts), the failure rate would be almost nil. Good rubber for the o-rings would reduce the problem of leaky mags.

The cost of the mags isn't unreasonable, considering what it takes to make them, and put them together.

Part of the cost is demand. There isn't enough demand right now to bring the costs down enough for the manufacturers to make a living, so prices have to be higher.

And if they manufactured it out of pixie dust it would shoot rainbows out the front.  What's your point?  They don't make the parts out of steel and they do have a higher rate of failure so arguing what could be in completely pointless.

Offline Blood Red Smurf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 06:49:31 AM »
Quote from: "icorus16666"
the price is also due to supply and demand if the sold as many ptws as jg m4s it would likely come out to the 600-800 dollar range. Another thing is why do people always bag on things that are out of their budget. It was the rocket boy sales thread and now this. Myself personally am not going to buy a ptw because of poor material the receivers are made of and the availability of parts compared to a marui based m4.

I didnt bag on it? I was mearly asking why they were so expensive for referance
Maek shure to chek out my gaemplay comentary gueis

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »
Quote from: "Flying Tank"
the price is also due to supply and demand if the sold as many ptws as jg m4s it would likely come out to the 600-800 dollar range. Another thing is why do people always bag on things that are out of their budget. It was the rocket boy sales thread and now this. Myself personally am not going to buy a ptw because of poor material the receivers are made of and the availability of parts compared to a marui based m4.

Well when you think about it, its not so much what you originally meant, it is what is generally perceived that seems to count with the other posters in this thread. If we were all Internet psychic, there would never been any misunderstandings or arguments. The best anyone can do is to try to be as clear and concise as possible. Don't take this the wrong way, but using a meme as a thread title may have helped cause a lot of this miscommunication.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Blood Red Smurf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
Quote from: "deathbydanish"
Quote from: "Flying Tank"

Well when you think about it, its not so much what you originally meant, it is what is generally perceived that seems to count with the other posters in this thread. If we were all Internet psychic, there would never been any misunderstandings or arguments. The best anyone can do is to try to be as clear and concise as possible. Don't take this the wrong way, but using a meme as a thread title may have helped cause a lot of this miscommunication.

I see i see now that i think about it the title probably wasnt a good idea... haha but thanks for informing me ill try to be more clear on my other forum posts, Thank you!
Maek shure to chek out my gaemplay comentary gueis