Author Topic: King Arms M4 GBBR and Gas Questions  (Read 760 times)

Offline Demlockian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
King Arms M4 GBBR and Gas Questions
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »
Okay so firstly does anyone know anything about the quality of the Kings Arms Gas M4?

Next question is about gas...

I know people keep say gas has problems in cold / heat...How does this effect playing in Arizona?  I am not really concerned about the cold weather as we don't have any real cold days in Arizona.  However, when its 110+ outside how will that affect the gas?

So Green Gas is basically a weaker version of propane with silicone.  Recommended if you have extra money, right?
And propane is a stronger version of green gas minus silicone (add your own silicone).  Recommend if on a budget, right?
Finally C02 is the strongest of the above but causes extremely high wear, not advised?

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
Re: King Arms M4 GBBR and Gas Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:52 AM »
Temperature affects gas in any temperature, not just cold.  The hotter it gets, the higher the pressure of the gas in the tank is.  Green gas IS propane mixed with silicone without the additives to give it that nasty smell.  The pressure of the two are nearly identical.  Co2 is a higher pressure than Green gas and is not recommended for use in most guns.  If the gun wasn't designed with Co2 in mind you will blow out your seals, or worse. 

Offline Katana0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: King Arms M4 GBBR and Gas Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »
I've actually managed to get the pressure in my WE G36 magazines too high (just by a little, due to thermal expansion) and the hammer ended up not being able to hit the valve hard enough to open it up and release the gas properly... Not terribly good for the magazines I'm guessing, but it's rare to see that, at least for me.

As for the King Arms M4 design, it is a copy of the old WA Manga system (to what I can see).  WA used to be (and may still be) considered the best of the best when it came to gas blow back anything, and as bad as people talk about the Magna system on here sometimes, I still prefer it over the WA or KJW systems.  This is mostly because of the aftermarket part support, since you will be able to use Magna compatible parts (G&P, WA, RA Tech, etc).