Author Topic: Day Jobs  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Ocean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Day Jobs
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 03:00:16 PM »
I'm currently in High School as a junior. I'm also currently working at Vanguard Indoor Playground as a Ref. It's the only job I've ever had, and I must say, it's great.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »
Mechanical Engineer, doing R&D.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »
I work in a manufacturing plant. I was an operator until I crushed my thumb in a 38 ton brake press. Incase you're wondering there are no safety restraints on the brakes at my employer. Now I'm an inspector at the workplace and would much rather be an operator again. Most of the stuff the company makes is for the U.S Military. I'm also going to Chandler Gilbert Community College and have this last year before picking what school would be best to learn about Law Enforcement. After I graduate I plan on becoming a K9 Officer for, hopefully, Maricopa County.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline kman94

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
I could tell you...but then I would have to kill you...

Offline Dayton

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »
I'm a Commercial & Light Industrial HVAC Technician.  (Air Conditioning, if you don't know what that means)

Had a few different HVAC jobs in the past. Started in Residential, after a year I got into commercial, been doing it for 6 years now, before that I delivered flowers. :D

Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
Student at CGCC will hopefully be transferring to ASU next year for architecture. I also work at a grocery store.

Offline sinfulpain

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »
Fleet service for SkyWest. Clean United Express, Delta Connection, and SkyWest CRJ200's and CRJ700's (50 and 70 passenger planes). Clean the wings, and inside of the planes (yes, I clean up all your messes and crap behind, but also get to keep most of the stuff you leave behind, like if you leave anything sub $30 value, we get to keep it. Above that, we usually have to report it, in case you call back, asking if you left it behind). You would not believe what passengers have done inside those planes.

Love the job, but the aircraft hate me. Smash my head into the top of the cabin door entry way at least 4 times a night. One job you DON'T want to be tall in!!! Top of the cabins on the CRJ700's are only 6'2".

The 200's aren't fun at all to fly in, either, at least for people my height.

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Your professions, please; both present and past (ones you deem important)

I'm currently a student at the University of Arizona, with a year left for a degree in Chemical Engineering
I also do research at the Center for Gamma Ray Imaging working with scintillators and new detection methods

Back in highschool I used to work at a pool store, and was a waiter at a hole-in-the-wall chinese restaurant before that
I also model occasionally

Hey, I'm a Chem E too. I work in the quality group of a company that produces CMP products for the semiconductor industry. Had a handful of technical part time jobs simultaneously during the college years: Student researcher, student grader, water resource engineering intern, GEC chem engineering intern, and a few stints as an environmental intern for the city. Oh, and I also worked at a movie theater, with much hilarity and many evil antics.

What / who did you model for, Crono? Not to start a dick measuring contest, but before my other jobs, I was offered a modeling opportunity but I didn't trust the sleezy head hunter. I think it was for modeling glasses and sun glasses, but it's not really important.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:25:01 PM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline Crono0001

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://jagxops.com
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »

Hey, I'm a Chem E too. I work in the quality group of a company that produces CMP products for the semiconductor industry. Had a handful of technical part time jobs simultaneously during the college years: Student researcher, student grader, water resource engineering intern, GEC chem engineering intern, and a few stints as an environmental intern for the city. Oh, and I also worked at a movie theater, with much hilarity and many evil antics.

What / who did you model for, Crono? Not to start a dick measuring contest, but before my other jobs, I was offered a modeling opportunity but I didn't trust the sleezy head hunter. I think it was for modeling glasses and sun glasses, but it's not really important.
Hey!  It's nice to see another Chem E.  People think I'm crazy when I start talking about VLE and shit when it rains in Tucson :p  I just feel obligated to mention how the vapor pressure in Arizona is usually never at saturation hehe.

As for modeling, back in highschool, I did a couple of magazines:

I also did stuff for COMIC CON when they needed a professional cosplayer.

But in college, I've had much less time to do that kind of work (not to mention I've gotten incredibly fat and out of shape).  Now I just advertise stuff for clubs and bars:

... sorry for the Crono-ness of this post.

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »
Farmers Insurance Agent/CSR and Promotions at INRG Clothing Company.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:32:53 AM by BreechUnClear »

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 02:02:54 AM »
mechanic/labrat. i work on anything i can get my hands on. did a lil telemarketing in the 90's, but got fired after the dude started yelling at me and hung up. i did manual dial, so i called back and asked him if it was smart talking shit to someone that he didn't know and had access to his name # and home address. told him he need to be nicer to people that call him. got fired imidiatly!
figured out telemarketing wasnt for me. did odd janatorial stuff for a while. but for a long time i did stuff not so legit. glad i made it out of that lifestyle before something bad happened. took 3yrs in prison for me to pull my head out of my ass, but im doing my best to live the legit lifestyle now.
for now im doing stage1 medical research trials and working on cars. hopefully soon ill have my own lil airsoft tuning/repair shop up and running. gonna stay out west though, not even gonna try and compete in the east valley against ron.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:10:42 AM by spazz »
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline wolfenblaze

• Staff Sergeant
  • IF all else fails BLOW IT UP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 02:33:30 AM »
 :'( I work as a Clerk at Safeway in foothills area. sigh i really wish i had a bigger paycheck
FOR JUSTICe and freedom

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »
Business Analyst for a financial servicer.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 09:35:46 AM »
did a lil telemarketing in the 90's, but got fired after the dude started yelling at me and hung up. i did manual dial, so i called back and asked him if it was smart talking shit to someone that he didn't know and had access to his name # and home address.

Hehe, when I got a telemarketer call and was bored, I would say "Oh, hold on, let me get my dad" and then I'd take the phone over to my computer, and loaded up a celebrity sound clip-board. It's the kind you use for prank calls. Then I'd see how long I could get the caller to keep up a conversation with various audio clips of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jack Nicholson, or even Homer Simpson.

TM: "Hi, is this Mr. XXXXX?"
SB (Jack Nicholson): "I'd appreciate it if you addressed me as Colonel or Sir, I believe I've earned it."
TM: "Oh, my apologies, sir, how are you today?"
SB: "Who the Hell is this?"
TM: "Oh, I'm XXXX with XXXX, are you a current homeowner?"
SB: "Yes"
TM: "And are you familiar with the ... decline and ..."
SB: "Whoever made that comment has never faced the working end of a Chinese made AK47, I assure you."
TM: "I'm sorry?"
SB: "What, you trying to intimidate me with the attitude?"

Good times.

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline Demlockian

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
Professional computer repair technician, about two years.  Working on going to CAC next year for either Network Administration or Administration of Justice (Police officer)