Author Topic: How to Make Polar Star 330 FPS with Blue Nozzle?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline kevindagee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
How to Make Polar Star 330 FPS with Blue Nozzle?
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »
I just received my Polar Star today and I don't have a chrono on me. I would like to use this at Vanguard, so the max FPS will be around 335. Any setups you recommend? I need a high ROF and accuracy would be great too. I don't really care about tank usage because Vanguard has a refill station. Thanks! (:
Custom P* MK18
Custom DSG HK416
KWA LM4 Magpul Edition
WE SAI M&P9, Tokyo Marui Custom G17, Tokyo Marui Custom Hi Capa

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make Polar Star 330 FPS with Blue Nozzle?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:10:47 AM »
Polarstars don't increase accuracy, in general. Anyone who told you so lied, or was mistaken.

They can increase long range consistency vs an average tuned aeg gearbox, which leads to long range accuracy but they dont magically make guns more accurate.

Hop up, a good airseal, precision made barrel (non-tight bore), isolating barrel vibration, and bb selection makes them more accurate.

Offline sgun480

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »
I'm sorry but if you got a polar star just to play at vanguard, then you wasted your money, only way for you to get your fps down is with a new nozzle. Rof is controlled by the fcu.
Jungle man

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »
I'm sorry but if you got a polar star just to play at vanguard, then you wasted your money, only way for you to get your fps down is with a new nozzle. Rof is controlled by the fcu.

Well, its not entirely wasted, at the end of the day its preference. I personally prefer the SOUND of polarstars and love using mine at Tempe Paint ball, the loud crack it makes, especially indoors, is very satisfying.

Sgun is correct on the ROF, its controlled by the FCU, your gun should have come with a manual on how to change its settings and what they mean.

I'd get a new nozzle for CQB use. You can't reliably get the FCU to cycle with a blue @ cqb settings without doing some very precise tuning for your specific application, possibly including modifying the nozzle loading spring. Too many variables to help you do said tuning over the internet.

Offline dragon2535

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
Turn your psi down to 45~55 and make sure you have closed bolt off. Your gun wont function
Under 70psi with closed bolt on.

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »
Why do you want a high rof at Vanguard? Last I checked there is only one game type where full auto is even allowed.

And the max fps is 330, not 335.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:36:57 PM by Bowser »