Author Topic: M4A1 Block II Build  (Read 3448 times)

Offline buttfacedmonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
M4A1 Block II Build
« on: April 15, 2013, 04:23:58 AM »
Hey everybody. I can't sleep tonight, so as I'm here laying in bed, I built upon a lingering idea of building a M4A1 Block II off an VFC M4 (E1 Platinum Edition).

Build items will include:
-VFC M4A1 14.5"
-Modify Hybrid 6.03 Barrel
-Madbull Blue Hop-up Bucking
-Madbull Daniel Defense RIS II (FDE)
-G&P Low Profile Gas Block
-Aimpoint T1 Replica w/ Magnifier
-Flip Up front and rear sights of some kind (probably will go for Troy replicas)
-Magpul XTM Rail Covers (Black and FDE)
-Magpul XTM Hand Stop Kit
-Offset flash light (Debating between a cheap UTG or a Surefire G2X Pro since I am in the market for one for my AK anyways)
-Peq-15 Laser/Flashlight (Tan)
-RIS Mounted QD Sling Swivel Mount
-Krylon the Crane Stock and Pistol Grip Khaki (or add a Magpul PTS MIAD (FDE))
-Magpul PTS 120 Pmags (FDE
-Vtac Multicam Padded 2 Point Sling on HK mounts
-Intellect 9.6V 1600MAH Nunchuck Battery

I have obtained a summer job that pays fairly well, so I should have this all done by the end of summer (hopefully).

Thoughts or suggestions?

PMG concept image.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:26:37 AM by buttfacedmonkey »

"It pays to be a winner."

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: M4A1 Block II Build
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:10:44 AM »
If I were you I would use an eotech 553 in tan or a Spectr In tan. I don't think that T-1's are that kosher for block II's.  and also use KAC backup sights
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline buttfacedmonkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »
If I were you I would use an eotech 553 in tan or a Spectr In tan. I don't think that T-1's are that kosher for block II's.  and also use KAC backup sights

I was considering the Eotech. I have one on my M4 right now and can safely say that that mofo is heavy. If I were to put an Eotech on it, it would probably be an XPS-2. The T-1 is looking favorable just out of sheer size.  I hadn't considered the KAC sights. I will look for worthy replicas.

Thanks bro.

Offline Fung Li

• Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
Throw on an STR stock instead, or get a smaller lipo and use a CTR. 
Also, I'd put on some kind or foregrip and/ or bipod. 

Offline asof elites

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
Go ahead and text me at 6025708035 I love block II's and I have some stuff you are looking for
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline buttfacedmonkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »
Throw on an STR stock instead, or get a smaller lipo and use a CTR. 
Also, I'd put on some kind or foregrip and/ or bipod.

The STR sounds like a great idea for the future. Once I get the gun built, I will add and replace stuff on it.

As for the grip and pod, I am trying to go for a certain lightweight function with this gun. With this setup, I can easily hit the button of the light with my thumb. 

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:50:39 AM »
If you want it lite why put a peq box and flashlight? Just curious.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 07:06:21 AM »
If you're going for light weight, why is there nearly everything you can put on a rifle on there?

Well, this seems a little much. Do you have a certain application in mind for this rifle? Field? CQB? Seems like you're putting the cart before the horse a bit here. I dig that you want to make a replica, but thinking about what you're doing before dropping a ton of coin on this thing would probably be wise.

Aside from that, love the look. Just seems like it would be super heavy.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline buttfacedmonkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »
If you're going for light weight, why is there nearly everything you can put on a rifle on there?

Well, this seems a little much. Do you have a certain application in mind for this rifle? Field? CQB? Seems like you're putting the cart before the horse a bit here. I dig that you want to make a replica, but thinking about what you're doing before dropping a ton of coin on this thing would probably be wise.

Aside from that, love the look. Just seems like it would be super heavy.

I get where you are comming from and agree with your logic.

I personally don't mind weight so much as long as I get favorable.functionality out of it, but if I can find a replacement that is just as functional and affordable, I will likely get that just to save all the weight I can.

Say, for instance, replacing a bipod or grip for a hand stop or replacing an Eotech, M2, or M4 for a T1.

I am trying to achieve a "military" look while still maintaining a level of customability and functionality.  Hence the Peq-15 (which I already own anyways). I was thinking about loosing the magnifier in the long run, but am sill debating with myself whether I should.

Offline ThatGuy

• Major
  • Step Up Or Step Aside
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:17:17 AM »
I would ditch the magnifier this is Airsoft and plastic bb's are only so accurate  plus its one more thing to get caught on a bush  and ripped off.
OMNIBUS LOCIS FIT CAEDES
 WHISKEY 1 TEAM LEADER.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »
I would ditch the magnifier this is Airsoft and plastic bb's are only so accurate  plus its one more thing to get caught on a bush  and ripped off.

Or get shot out.

BFM, glad to see you thought this through. I just post as someone who carted around an M14 at a big op. trust me, the weight gets to ya eventually. Like I said, the gun looks great and you could put a tacticool cup holder on the rails if ya want to. Was just making sure you had something this expensive all though through.

The more I look at it, though, the sweet of a field gun it seems. Maybe go with an r-hop to bump up the range a bit?
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline buttfacedmonkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »

Or get shot out.

BFM, glad to see you thought this through. I just post as someone who carted around an M14 at a big op. trust me, the weight gets to ya eventually. Like I said, the gun looks great and you could put a tacticool cup holder on the rails if ya want to. Was just making sure you had something this expensive all though through.

The more I look at it, though, the sweet of a field gun it seems. Maybe go with an r-hop to bump up the range a bit?

Thanks. ;D

The magnifier is probably gonna come out of my shopping cart. Perhaps in the future I will give it a try, but for now, it is a extra $50 I will save in the build.

The R-hop sounds like an excellent idea. It will give me an edge on those pesky Polar Stars I've been coming across.  8)