Author Topic: CQB to DMR Upper Receiver Swap? Or Should I Get a New Gun  (Read 1389 times)

Offline kevindagee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
CQB to DMR Upper Receiver Swap? Or Should I Get a New Gun
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »
Ok so I've been playing CQB for quite a while now and would like to try something different. I already have my base gun, which is a VFC HK 416 CQB. I also have a Polar Star FE in it, so spring changes won't be a problem with me. As of right now, I'm quite happy with my CQB setup.

I want to build another receiver for quick and easy role change. My gun has the 2 bolts that you pop out and out comes your upper receiver. I know this is an issue with some people trying to swap out there upper receivers quickly because some guns do not have that option. So what do you guys recommend? I'm planning on getting an ORGA 6.23mm inner barrel for my CQB setup, but will a 6.02mm barrel be better for a DMR? Just suggest some setups, and I would like this project to be under $300.

I was also thinking about getting a gas gun for now and waiting till later for the DMR upper. Like I said, I mostly do CQB because I don't have the time to go out to a field. So I'm thinking about the KWA LM4 or the WE PDW Open Bolt.

So if you guys could give me suggestions that would be great. (:

Custom P* MK18
Custom DSG HK416
KWA LM4 Magpul Edition
WE SAI M&P9, Tokyo Marui Custom G17, Tokyo Marui Custom Hi Capa

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: CQB to DMR Upper Receiver Swap? Or Should I Get a New Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 03:10:39 AM »
im assuming that you bought your p* because of the ease in tunning and the reliability that they advertise. but your thinking about getting a gas gun because you like the realistic function.

i would not recomend getting a gas gun for a field rifle. and if you dont like tinkering with your gun every time you take it to a game then a gas rifle is definatly not for you. i would say that a airsoft gas rifle takes more upkeep, maitinence, and tinkering and cleaning than a real rifle does. plus mags are expencive as hell and heavy to boot. az is a dirty place for outdoor games. everytime you take it to a game it will need to be cleaned, hell it may even need to be cleaned if you took it to a game and never even used it. the lil grit and sand we have here in the valley gets into everything as far as gas guns go.

my recomendation is to just stick with the one gun you have for now. if you dont play field games that much but want to have the option to have a field rifle then just build a spare upper reciever for your current platform. the one problem that i can see with this though, is that vfc 416 upper recievers are a lil hard to come by seperatly. another option would be to just have a barrel cover (mock supressor) and a good barrel/hop-up assembly for field use. that way you can just pop the 2 pins, swap the barrel and put the barrel cover on and your good to go. then you have a field and cqb gun for a fraction of your budget. which means that you can buy quality parts for your barrel assembly and get the most performance for your money.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team