Author Topic: Crazy mosfet abusing and testing  (Read 6583 times)

Offline birdman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
Re: Micro mosfets and self resetting fuses now available
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 05:34:13 PM »
Looks like you just got bored. haha
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »
Somewhat, and I know they can handle quite a bit more, I just ran out of V3/v6 guns laying that I could use in this manner for the test.

Somewhere around 6-8 guns running simultaneously should actually start to put any sort of load on the mosfet. It is after all capable of 343 amps, which is more than 10 airsoft guns running in parallel off of this one mosfet.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:42:13 PM by nukeduster »

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 05:53:32 PM »
Pretty impressive. Active breaking?
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »
Pretty impressive. Active breaking?

No, its not active braking, though I can make AB capable mosfets for those who are interested. As a rule don't use AB mosfets but I know that in some circumstances they are necessary, so I didn't release an AB model just because its usually not necessary.

It would add about $5 to the cost of the unit to make it AB capable, and roughly double its length or its height, depending on what worked for the customer. All other dimensions should stay roughly the same.

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »
I don't know much about mosfets, so I don't know the pros and cons about AB and non AB fets.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy mosfet abusing and testing
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 08:03:49 PM »
New abuse test added, see original post.

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Shooting an AEG underwater!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
New abuse test, this time underwater!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:19:08 PM by nukeduster »

Offline mickbasterd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
I would be interested in picking one of these up from you were in the east valley are you located?

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »
im interested in buying a couple of these. any programming options or just standard firing modes?

Offline Tiedyeftw

• Sergeant
  • custom custom custom custom custom
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
These are awesome. In the future, once i have money to spare, i will be purchasing one for sure.
However, does the fet come with wires and stuff included?
I realize that while most people suck, there are still some genuine characters that exist out here. I'll show my appreciation by being genuine in return.
Love the sport.

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 10:22:14 PM »
the fet does come with all the wire needed to install them. for those of you in the west valley that are in need of these, i am stocking them in my store. and they can be had at any game i am attending or you can come pick them up from me near 35ave and union hillls. my price is the same as nukedusters.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
Some new pics added of the mosfet mounted inside of a gearbox, as well as poly self-resetting reusable fuses.

Thanks to all the orders had to upgrade to buying 1000ft spools! Just passed the 50 units sold mark, with a zero reported failure rate so far!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:36:37 PM by nukeduster »

Offline TheGuardianAirsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »
This mosfet is an absolute tank! I had it installed in my VFC 416 by Spazz, I had one battery that was wired to deans wrong. (It was connected positive to negative) I plugged it in and within 2 seconds everything got smoking hot! The mosfet literally started to smoke! The batteries wiring melted and my pistol grip was on fire from the motor. After I let everything cool down I got my freshly charged battery and plugged it in everything was still working fine. I thought the mosfet was fried but that badboy kept on going and is still continuing to go. Thank you Nukeduster for an amazing mosfet.
It's time to operate!!!
Nickname: Blate
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGuardianAirsoft
Guns: VFC 416, KWA M16, Echo 1 Troy, WE 1911

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »
This mosfet is an absolute tank! I had it installed in my VFC 416 by Spazz, I had one battery that was wired to deans wrong. (It was connected positive to negative) I plugged it in and within 2 seconds everything got smoking hot! The mosfet literally started to smoke! The batteries wiring melted and my pistol grip was on fire from the motor. After I let everything cool down I got my freshly charged battery and plugged it in everything was still working fine. I thought the mosfet was fried but that badboy kept on going and is still continuing to go. Thank you Nukeduster for an amazing mosfet.

Well, I'm very glad to hear that it survived a hard short like that! It's amazing what this combo can be put through.

I'm in the process of building a new test bed for this mosfet, I just invested in some temperature probes so that I can show a little bit more of a technical demonstration of what this thing can handle.

Stay tuned!

Offline TheGuardianAirsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »

Well, I'm very glad to hear that it survived a hard short like that! It's amazing what this combo can be put through.

I'm in the process of building a new test bed for this mosfet, I just invested in some temperature probes so that I can show a little bit more of a technical demonstration of what this thing can handle.

Stay tuned!
Good! May try it out someday when the test bed is available.
It's time to operate!!!
Nickname: Blate
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGuardianAirsoft
Guns: VFC 416, KWA M16, Echo 1 Troy, WE 1911