Author Topic: Airguns & Airsoft ‘Steal’ the Steels From Firearms  (Read 1028 times)

Offline shootright

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Airguns & Airsoft ‘Steal’ the Steels From Firearms
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
Airguns and airsoft offer an excellent alternative to firearms, and as a tool to maintain proficiency with firearm skills. They also assist the shooter with an easier transition into firearms, as many of today’s products are excellent mimics to firearms. As well, it is easier to correct shooting mistakes when teaching techniques using these choices.

International Air Steels Program (IASP) is shooting any CO2 or gas powered multi-shot air-pistol/rifle or airsoft pistol/rifle that is similar in design to any “real steel” semi automatic rifle, pistol or revolver. It is a totally inclusive sport with shooters of all ages (8 – adult) and abilities competing together. Safety is a priority so those new to the sport will be required to have a safe gun handling course. It is very necessary to understand all safety, range commands, rules, body position, grip & hold.

http://shootrightaz.org/67.html

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Airguns & Airsoft ‘Steal’ the Steels From Firearms
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »
so, i was reading some of the rules and stuff. does this mean that 'aeg' automatic electric guns are not allowed? cause i am interested in this.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 11:48:42 AM »
I am interested in this also, there also is mention of safety course to be taken before one can participate...
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline Old Dog

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
I am interested in this also, there also is mention of safety course to be taken before one can participate...

I just chatted with shootright rep and the safety course is not mandatory for the TAS shoot...

Spazz as far as electric guns their (PACT style) timers don't  recognize the report of the electric gun firing, that is why the GG or CO2 requirement...

It sounds like a fun time!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:21:11 PM by Old Dog »
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:21:41 PM »

I just chatted with shootright rep and the safety course is not mandatory for the TAS shoot...

Spazz as far as electric guns their (PACT style) timers don't  recognize the report of the electric gun firing, that is why the GG or CO2 requirement...

hell, if report is all that is required i can make that happen without a problem... 9"outer barrel with a 30mm inner barrel, kx3, and a full cylinder and you have an aeg that has more volume then some gas guns. but i also have a gbb m4 to play with as well. i will have to call shoot right and talk to them about a trial run with a loud aeg.

i do have a few gas guns to use though. i am definately going to this either way.

is there any specific ammo that we have to use?
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Old Dog

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 11:35:36 PM »

hell, if report is all that is required i can make that happen without a problem... 9"outer barrel with a 30mm inner barrel, kx3, and a full cylinder and you have an aeg that has more volume then some gas guns. but i also have a gbb m4 to play with as well. i will have to call shoot right and talk to them about a trial run with a loud aeg.

i do have a few gas guns to use though. i am definately going to this either way.

is there any specific ammo that we have to use?

No specific ammo at the moment, in the future airsoft bio bbs will be used, the setup is really neat and Rob is very friendly, I will be using the Elite bbs from TAS... Open sights only, no red dots ect... I will be using my 1911 airsoft clones, of which I have several, will experiment to see which I prefer... Do give Rob a call...

Offline shootright

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »
The full rules and program is posted on the web site http://www.shootrightaz.org/67.html
You do not have to do the training If I was someone who does not know the rules range commands etc. I would come down one time to Shoot Right range before the shoot to get a understanding on what to do.
We are looking to start a Steels league in April at CAASES/Shoot Right Education and Training center.

If you do not have time to come and see us before Thursday we are going to be at the Ben Avery Expo this weekend it is free to go to. We will be shooting some of the steel targets at the expo.

Remember Airsoft shooters Dec 13th and 14th 2014 AZ Airgun/Airsoft Expo and shoot.