Author Topic: Update about Glock replicas this is a must read.  (Read 1230 times)

Offline shootright

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Update about Glock replicas this is a must read.
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
This information just came in from the owner of Arsenal Gun airsoft shop in France. Earlier this week, Glock-France used French Customs Services to remove all Glock replica pistols from every shop in France. It did not matter if it had the Glock logo or not; if it resembled a Glock, it was confiscated. Arsenal Gun was the first to be hit by French Customs. ASG (Action Sports Games) in France confirmed with our French office that Glock wants to eradicate Glock replicas from the world of Airsoft.

How does this affect you in the good ol’ U.S. of A? Glock does have a US branch. Even though this movement appears to be centralized in Europe, we cannot assume that it will not reach our borders as well. So I encourage you that if you have any Glock replica pistols advertised online (webshop, facebook, Instagram, etc.) that you remove them immediately for the next 60 days. Keep them to in-store sales only.

Right now we are fighting our own internal battles within the US, to include but not limited to US legislation wanting to restrict Airsoft products, news reports of Airsoft related killing, or brawls at local Airsoft fields. So I call upon you to help police our own and do not give any outside organization ammunition to hurt our sport.

Offline kazfox

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Update about Glock replicas this is a must read.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
I think it would only affect import sales to the us. It would have to be up to the country where the branch exsist to impose such removal and restrictions. Not that it couldn't happen but I only see it being widespread if the Austrian hq had requested it.
"We gave you your most favorite thing....Disappointment."

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:01:54 AM »
It wouldn't be the first time Glock took action against US companies.

Offline CRTA

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:14:55 AM »
Say it like you mean it I am all for this. Goodjob