Author Topic: Airsoft Investments: Spare Change or Life Savings?  (Read 12105 times)

Offline Long Trang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2005, 09:01:40 PM »
post em!  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Long Trang »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2005, 09:02:02 PM »
I give up as well. I'm sick of all the chairsofter with more excuss then time playing running  people off this board.

Its really sad when 1-2 bad seeds ruin a whole crop!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline TheRev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Answered prayer
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2005, 09:44:31 PM »
Ok folks, this topic got a little out of hand. We all represent airsoft in Arizona. Unfortunately a few of us got a little mad with power and flamed a guy before he had a chance to prove himself, or before we could fully disprove him. As a result, there is a good possibility that we have alienated someone in our community. Need I remind you that this sport (or hobby if you will) hangs by a tenuous thread at times. Going around pissing off people just because they sound a little bloated is not the way to win friends and influence people. As representatives it is our responsibility to put the best picture forward about who we are and what we're about. I'm sure everyone of us cringes each time we hear about some stupid kid who gets busted brandishing an airsoft gun in public. Stupid stunts like that only bring the light of scrutiny to an unhealthy level. Laws like the ones passed in Kalifornia recently are the result of too many idiots doing idiotic things (although that seems to happen alot in Kalifornia). However, the same holds true for when we alienate visitors to this forum. They end up leaving with a bad taste in their mouth and a story about how arrogant and pissy we are. Is that the reputation you want AA to have outside our borders? I should hope not. Remember that as ambassadors of good will, we reflect the values we espouse in this hobby we call airsoft. Let this be a reminder of that high calling.

TheRev
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 08:49:21 AM by TheRev »
No plan, no matter how well conceived, survives first contact - Murphy\'s Law 124

Books, my young Padawan, are the food of the mind - Me

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2005, 11:32:32 PM »
Some of you guys were being ridiculously hard on Dead considering that he doesn't really know any of us yet.

And come, Dead.  You HAVE to have thicker skin than that?

(Hate to see you go.  Ain't too many of us Kalifornia rejects around here!)

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2005, 11:45:10 PM »
What handle did he say he used over there?  Nothing turns up on a search for leftfordead at airsoftcore.com.

EDIT...

Found em.  But apparently you have to register before you can see more than an initial thumbnail.

http://airsoftcore.com/modules.php?name ... cat=&pos=0

Lead
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 11:51:47 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2005, 11:48:43 PM »
I said before, he has a user acct. Just no posts yet.

I guess we should stop fueling the fire?

.. but if ya wanna see  ;)

http://www.airsoftcore.com/modules.php? ... ile&u=6550
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2005, 11:56:11 PM »
I was rude in calling him out, but some of the stuff he said was just ridiculous.  I'm not referring to how much he claims to have spent, or what type of items he owns.  From the start, he was a little fishy, and things he said subsequently only added to my suspicion.  If he was right all along he had several opportunities to prove himself correct.  

The bottom line is that he made some outrageous claims, said a few things that weren't right, and I called BS.  If he can't handle that, and wants to run with his tail between his legs then I say "so long".  If he wants to stay, and prove me wrong (which I'd love to see), then I will take a big bite of humble pie!  

This isn't about alienating a member of the airsoft community.  This is a discussion forum, and we were discussing.  Granted, some people aren't so tactful at times (read, ME), but it doesn't need to come to this.

I may have been a bit rough, and others as well, but let's not start kissing his a** and begging him to stay!  

LeftForDead, we can be polite and welcoming.  In other threads, we agreed on a few topics, and discussed it as adults.  I would be more than happy to chat with you, and would love for you to come to an AA game.  Granted, I have been away for several months but last I heard they were the same classy group of guys as when I left.  Do not let my words on this forum give you any indication of the caliber of character of the average AA member!  It's safe to say that more than half of them disagree with what I said, and rightfully so.  Likewise, alot of the people that post on the forums regularly don't even attend AA games, and the other way around.  The bulk of players that are AA members do not even post on the forums that often.  What you have encountered in me is one of the loudmouths.  For the most part, everybody else is cool! 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2005, 11:59:35 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
I was rude in calling him out, but some of the stuff he said was just ridiculous.  I'm not referring to how much he claims to have spent, or what type of items he owns.  From the start, he was a little fishy, and things he said subsequently only added to my suspicion.  If he was right all along he had several opportunities to prove himself correct.  

The bottom line is that he made some outrageous claims, said a few things that weren't right, and I called BS.  If he can't handle that, and wants to run with his tail between his legs then I say "so long".  If he wants to stay, and prove me wrong (which I'd love to see), then I will take a big bite of humble pie!  

This isn't about alienating a member of the airsoft community.  This is a discussion forum, and we were discussing.  Granted, some people aren't so tactful at times (read, ME), but it doesn't need to come to this.

I may have been a bit rough, and others as well, but let's not start kissing his a** and begging him to stay!  

LeftForDead, we can be polite and welcoming.  In other threads, we agreed on a few topics, and discussed it as adults.  I would be more than happy to chat with you, and would love for you to come to an AA game.  Granted, I have been away for several months but last I heard they were the same classy group of guys as when I left.  Do not let my words on this forum give you any indication of the caliber of character of the average AA member!  It's safe to say that more than half of them disagree with what I said, and rightfully so.  Likewise, alot of the people that post on the forums regularly don't even attend AA games, and the other way around.  The bulk of players that are AA members do not even post on the forums that often.  What you have encountered in me is one of the loudmouths.  For the most part, everybody else is cool! 8)
I don't think I could have summed up my feelings any better. ;)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2005, 12:11:33 AM »
Yes but you called him on a peQ laser. It could have been a missunderstanding. Do you know how many different kinds of those that are out there? Dang I have been trying to keep track on the and I get confused. Could have been his mistake!!! He had alot of knowlege for a person. He could not have been a 12 year old with a springer. But that is besides the point. We are supose to be welcoming adults not childish kids. A simple do you have some pics would have been a nice start. But the only thing that started were mean comments, and false acusations.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2005, 12:26:09 AM »
DANG THAT ALOT OF STUFF!!!! I dont know if its $20,000 but it sure is more than $10,000.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2005, 12:29:06 AM »
Well, lets not start feeding on each other now.  We all know that each of us can be adam henry's now and then.

And I didn't even have a chance to do my George Bush wipes his bla, bla, bla routine.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2005, 01:02:57 AM »
Quote from: "leadmagnet"
Well, lets not start feeding on each other now.
Lead

Exactly.  Whats done is done.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline LeftForDead

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2005, 05:35:38 AM »
http://www.airsoftcore.com/modules.php? ... t=0&pos=36

http://www.airsoftcore.com/modules.php? ... t=0&pos=37

http://www.airsoftcore.com/modules.php? ... t=0&pos=40

http://www.airsoftcore.com/modules.php? ... t=0&pos=42

It's a  partial collection....the pics of the guns/components on my hardwood floor above is just stuff I'm working on this month alone---they're not even finished. I took that pic yesterday after you kids wanted to see it---had to unload my safe to do it and wasnt about to take all of my completed guns down off the walls to show you those too...If you're asking why I didn't take a pic of the guns on the walls...its because I didn't feel like it. O.K. with arrogance set aside...I didn't take pics of the guns on the walls because it exposes more of my home that I don't want anyone I don't know to see.....and yes (NickMueller), I do have a Ferrari in the garrage along with Chev Tahoe, MB SL55 AMG (girlfriend's car), and an Aston Martin....but of course I don't need to post pics of my cars to impress you, after all this is airsoft..... when you're 40 and accomplished more than you ever hoped for in your life....your attitude is there's nothing you need to prove to anyone but yourself....And to share my works and knowlege with others to only have them assasinate my character with ridicule and criticism, well, perhaps I should stick to my other hobbies and sports when it comes to sharing or carefully choose whom I wish to engage.

Busta, I didn't know it was you who emailed me for a request of the pics--you're one of the few that I didn't want to share my collection with (I know, harsh isn't it?). And I asked you not to post the pics of my guns on this site or anywhere else.....integrity mean anything to you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by LeftForDead »

Offline LeftForDead

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2005, 06:13:39 AM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"
Yes but you called him on a peQ laser. It could have been a missunderstanding. Do you know how many different kinds of those that are out there? Dang I have been trying to keep track on the and I get confused. Could have been his mistake!!! He had alot of knowlege for a person. He could not have been a 12 year old with a springer. But that is besides the point. We are supose to be welcoming adults not childish kids. A simple do you have some pics would have been a nice start. But the only thing that started were mean comments, and false acusations.

Little taste of knowlege: When referring to a product, generally I've owned it. The G&P PEQ 4, a functioning laser, after close examination of the cracks and chips, its determined its made of magnesium. The G&P PEQ2 is the plastic battery case. I also own the ICS PEQ4 brand as well. The ICS version has a better looking finish and functions as a battery holder and laser, however the G&P has more realistic cosmetics (tabs and buttons). but there is no room for a laser (I tried), unless you put a very small battery inside.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 06:22:54 AM by LeftForDead »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2005, 06:18:06 AM »
I was not the one who emailed you actually. I just posted them because I believed everyone kinda had the right to see them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »