Author Topic: Do you believe...  (Read 12688 times)

Offline cmptrdewd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2005, 07:36:35 PM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
I attend Corner Stone  Christian  115 ave & Indain school

That is a ways away from me.
Does it have anything to do with John Hagee's minstry?
John Hagee's church in Texas in also called Corner Stone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2005, 09:57:20 PM »
I never said mormonism is bad I just dont agree with there doctrine. Nor does any good christian agree with them in any ways and for many good reasons !!! Before I get into a fight with a Mormon I should just leave it at that. Many Mormons are good people moraly, and have good family's!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2005, 09:58:41 PM »
Quote from: "cmptrdewd"
Quote from: "gixser13"
I attend Corner Stone  Christian  115 ave & Indain school

That is a ways away from me.
Does it have anything to do with John Hagee's minstry?
John Hagee's church in Texas in also called Corner Stone.

Never heard of it!!!! Who is John Hagee?

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2005, 11:04:34 AM »
He's one of my favorite pastors.
This is his web site: www.jhm.org

--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2005, 02:18:07 PM »
Interesting!!! Do you Know of Saddle back church in California? The Pastor there has written many books called A Purpose Driven Life.

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2005, 10:20:52 AM »
Yah, Rick Warren's church. I read A Purpuse Driven Life, good book! :D

What is your favorite Bible passage?

I'll typeout mine when I have the time.

Offline JesseJamesMcGuire

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://sk8njesse.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
Ah the typical I am Christian; Therfor I am above everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by JesseJamesMcGuire »
Jesse James McGuire

Offline heroicfighter199

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2005, 12:35:57 PM »
I read most of A Purpose Driven Life, but I havent finished it yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by heroicfighter199 »
\"I can write better than anybody who can write faster and I can write faster than anyone who can write better\"
    - A. J. Liebli

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2005, 08:16:06 PM »
Quote from: "JesseJamesMcGuire"
Ah the typical I am Christian; Therfor I am above everyone else.

I never said I was any better than anyone. I hope I didn't give you that impression. We are all equal. ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That inculdes me and you and everyone else. I just want to have a honest conversation.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2005, 08:25:22 PM »
That's another thing. Isn't it written somewhere, you're supposed to "accept" other religions and try to "teach them your ways"? I have bumped into may people, one being a girlfriend of mine, and when they/she found out I was agnostic, I was dropped and gone in an instant. Not saying you would do it, but.. doesn't that make them somewhat of a hypocrite? Oh.. yeah, there are many of those. Hell, theres this chick at our school that got pregnant at 14, and said "It's ok, a few months after it's born.. I'm a virgin again. It's a repeating process". The same chick that cheated on my brother. Theres a few of those in the world.. I've met more of those than true christians.

.. just blew up my battery.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2005, 08:34:45 PM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"
That's another thing. Isn't it written somewhere, you're supposed to "accept" other religions and try to "teach them your ways"? I have bumped into may people, one being a girlfriend of mine, and when they/she found out I was agnostic, I was dropped and gone in an instant. Not saying you would do it, but.. doesn't that make you somewhat of a hypocrite? Oh.. yeah, there are many of those. Hell, theres this chick at our school that got pregnant at 14, and said "It's ok, a few months after it's born.. I'm a virgin again. It's a repeating process". The same chick that cheated on my brother. Theres a few of those in the world.. I've met more of those than true christians.

.. just blew up my battery.

There is a differance between rejecting a belief and rejecting a person because of their belief. The Bible tells us that you are not to marry or have a deeper relationship with a non-Christian. I want to let you see for yourself why we believe in Christ. I'm not going to rebuke you for believeing something. I want to show you the way the truth and the life. We are also told to reach out with the kindness and love of Christ, to show you how much He loves you. What God wants most of all is to be loved by you.

Offline JesseJamesMcGuire

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://sk8njesse.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2005, 09:08:11 PM »
If God begot Jesus who begot them?

I love causEn trouble
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by JesseJamesMcGuire »
Jesse James McGuire

Offline Chayote

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://chayotemu.com
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2005, 09:08:16 PM »
I'll start off by requesting that everyone at least give me a few minutes to run from the hopped up AEGs and burning torches. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but these are my general conclusions, not necessarily in order of validity or importance.

busta, calm down, it's general, you need to chill out and stop leaping on people so often

I believe in God. I've spent a lot of time trying to prove to myself I don't just to further determine if I do or not (strange idea I know). I figure that if I use every arguement and vehemently attempt to believe there is no God and succeed there's a few strikes against him, however if I fail then there's something beyond forced belief to it. I've failed so far and finally decided I was out of ammo.

Now, I was raised Catholic, very nice and all, but some things never worked with me. I never felt a cohesion to it and so drifted away. I tried going back a few times and sincerly gave an effort but same thing happened. I looked around and eventually found something that fit me.

Here's why I added the warning/request. I created my own God(s), I feel that organized religion has it's serious flaws in that it becomes doctine rather than belief. If your God has been the same for a few hundred years and you try to change him you'd be stoned, burned, or otherwise disassembled in the past, now it's just horrendous flames or suicide bombers.

Semi-paraphrased from Dogma: "I don't have any belief, but I have a good idea."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Chayote »
\"We think Coyotes howl at the moon, but really they laugh with their friend.\"
\"To catch a thief you can hire a thief, to catch a master thief you must be a master thief.\"
MOSKVASPEZNAZ

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2005, 09:12:36 PM »
Hey.. that's a damn good quote, if I do say so myself.

Ok, I know this is sort of off topic.. but has anyone seen The Boondock Saints?.. just had to mention it, seeing as how it's a religious movie... sort of. And how many "believers" hate it and how many "non believers" love it (me.. it's my fav. movie).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2005, 09:39:18 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
I think this is sounding more like a sunday morning in church than a forum discussion..Go somewhere else and preach. And as far as talking bad about mormanism...I have a cousin in law whos family is mormon and they are not bad people..and there are people who are stronger and not as strong about it..Even the strong ones are not bad people. As long as I watch my language and how I talk to them and there just cool people.

Damn little preacher boy......

I'm agreeing with Busta on this one, congrats cmptrdewd if you were trying to increase your post count, I think you've met your goal.  Maybe you next topic could be.... who here at AA plays airsoft??  :x
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »