Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 686034 times)

Offline Venom21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/diadeloscalaveras818
(No subject)
« Reply #645 on: December 13, 2007, 11:22:13 PM »
Hello everyone. So I been leaving in AZ for about 4 years. I moved to AZ from CA. and have been looking for a hobby for a while now. I am 18 years of age, and my cousin moved out here to, so we are both looking for something fun to do.

I started searching for places in AZ for Airsoft and found this. I liked the idea of Airsoft over Paintball because it seems alot more realistic, and safer hurts alot less too. Still hurts, but not to the point where I can't enjoy it.

I don't have a gun yet, but I will soon. I just need the money haha. I'm also wondering i can go to a game without playing, just watching for now. But anyway, I look forward to playing, and can't wait. Might form a team with family and friends one day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Venom21 »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #646 on: December 14, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »
Quote from: "Venom21"
Hello everyone. So I been leaving in AZ for about 4 years. I moved to AZ from CA. and have been looking for a hobby for a while now. I am 18 years of age, and my cousin moved out here to, so we are both looking for something fun to do.

I started searching for places in AZ for Airsoft and found this. I liked the idea of Airsoft over Paintball because it seems alot more realistic, and safer hurts alot less too. Still hurts, but not to the point where I can't enjoy it.

I don't have a gun yet, but I will soon. I just need the money haha. I'm also wondering i can go to a game without playing, just watching for now. But anyway, I look forward to playing, and can't wait. Might form a team with family and friends one day.

You're more than welcome to come to a game before you buy anything to see what it's all about.

In fact, I recommend it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Serrick

• FNG
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #647 on: December 25, 2007, 07:28:15 AM »
Merry Christmas folks.

My name is, Ryan.  I had the opportunity to play some paint ball for the first time in a long time a few days ago.  The store proprietor told me about air soft and how it involves more of a sim aspect compared to how a lot of paint ball is played these days.

I had never really heard of air soft prior to my visit and so I started reading and I must say I'm intrigued.  I live in Tempe and I plan on trying to make some of the games in the area to see what it's all about and chew the fat with you fine people to try to avoid some basic mistakes that I'm sure are popular in nature.  Your noob FAQ and guides are excellent though.

Long story short, Hello! and see you on the field.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Serrick »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #648 on: December 25, 2007, 10:09:45 AM »
Quote from: "Serrick"
Merry Christmas folks.

My name is, Ryan.  I had the opportunity to play some paint ball for the first time in a long time a few days ago.  The store proprietor told me about air soft and how it involves more of a sim aspect compared to how a lot of paint ball is played these days.

I had never really heard of air soft prior to my visit and so I started reading and I must say I'm intrigued.  I live in Tempe and I plan on trying to make some of the games in the area to see what it's all about and chew the fat with you fine people to try to avoid some basic mistakes that I'm sure are popular in nature.  Your noob FAQ and guides are excellent though.

Long story short, Hello! and see you on the field.
Welcome.  this is really fun stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Marine_Recon

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #649 on: December 25, 2007, 07:24:18 PM »
Whats up all

my name is Trevor and I'm interested in joining a team or group.
I have a good amount of experience in guns and stuff like that.
I have tried paintball before but i did not like the feel of the battles.
I honestly dont like the look of paintball guns. recently ive checked out
AEG's on airsplat.com and i have narrowed my to the  Jls Fn Scar.
I would like someone to check it out and see if it is a good buy.
heres the web address

http://www.airsplat.com/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={C1FF4489-399E-40D3-9360-D81062EVEREST509140}&ic=ERM%2DJLS%2DE02%2DB&eq=&Tp=

Thank you who ever helps me out
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Marine_Recon »
WHAT THE SHABISH???

Offline Marine_Recon

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #650 on: December 25, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »
Its me again..
i found a m4 that i would like someone to look at.
please tell me what is the better rifle

heres the link
http://www.airsplat.com/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={C1FF4489-399E-40D3-9360-D81062EVEREST509140}&ic=ERM%2DJG%2DM4S%2D613&eq=&Tp=
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Marine_Recon »
WHAT THE SHABISH???

Offline SARC

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #651 on: December 25, 2007, 09:30:42 PM »
The D-Boys M4 CQBR just got a great review in Tac. Airsoft/Milsim magazine.  It is all metal construction, with V2 gearbox.  A very sound first gun.  Also the CA sportline M4's are solid and both are in the same price range. JMHO  Also I would recommend a trip to Gearbox Airsoft,  Ron, Matt, and Paul are all very knowledgeable and will steer you in the right direction.  Its at Southern and McClintok in Tempe behind the Taco Bell, it's worth the trip.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SARC »

Offline D-24601

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #652 on: December 27, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »
like shooting stuff, and my firends were doing airsoft, so i decided to play too...thats about it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by D-24601 »
The more I read the more I realize Haas was right.........

Offline deltamike

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #653 on: December 30, 2007, 08:24:51 PM »
I've been in Airsoft for almost 2 years now and have played backyard battles with my friends. I haven't attended an organized airsoft game yet, but I plan to as soon as I get my CA. Before airsoft when I was 8 or 9, I would go out in my neighborhood with toy guns and play "Army" with my friends. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deltamike »
\'You don\'t lead by hitting people over the head-that\'s assault, not leadership.\'
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Bubba

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #654 on: December 31, 2007, 12:48:50 AM »
Hello,

I have airsofted with TAC for a couple years now, love the sport.  

I am mainly posting this because I want to advertise one of the guns I am selling on this forum, however, due to my new status, I do not have enough posts yet....    

At any rate, I'm sure I've played against some of you in the past events down here in Tucson.  Definately some good times... hope to see ya'll again.  

-Keith
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bubba »

Offline Bubba

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #655 on: December 31, 2007, 12:53:15 AM »
My team is also modeled after WW2, so we are always looking for ways to add-on to our collection and look.   I just recently purchased the VFC BAR which should be arriving this week - can't wait.  

Also, if anyone has any information on conversion kits for TM M14s into  M1 Garands (aeg), I'd love to hear from ya.   I have found a few folks who do such projects, but charge upwards of $500+ for the job.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bubba »

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #656 on: December 31, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »
Here's a guy who did the conversion with a TSD spring M14.  Obviously you will have to do things differently with an AEG, but you should be able to get some ideas at least.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline morugatu

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #657 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37:44 AM »
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/in ... ic=40643.0
Here's the link for the SOC 16 to M1 Garand. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by morugatu »
Name: Alex
Replicas: HFC USR 11 (PDI 240 setup), ICS L85A2 (sp120 setup), ICS Colt M4 (390fps), KJW 1911 Tactical, CA M14 (M120), and CYMA Mp5k (M120)

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #658 on: December 31, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »
d'oh...  Stupid broken "p" key.  But yeah, that was the one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline Alphorn88

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #659 on: January 01, 2008, 10:18:53 PM »
Hey I'm Alp88. I moved from California where I got started in airsoft by my friend. Went to AEX in Sacramento and have loved it ever since. So now I'm here and I have found a friends in N. Scottsdale who share "the love for the game." We play a few skirmish battles in the desert but mostly little fights. I went down to Soft Air Depot when i first moved here and found out that it was closing within a few weeks (but I thought he was moving up to the North Scottsdale area?) I stumbled upon this gem of a site from airsoft forum, and looked in the southwest sect.
I hope to learn lots and get better from being here. My plan is to start a little force from the North Scottsdale area, and maybe start having actual battles, sort of move away from the "backyard war" type of airsoft. I really want to go to one of your big ops/ field wars, (i don't know if you need a rank/ invitation or if its open party) and possibly get my buddies to play in a few as well, if that is all right. :D
Here is just my airsoft supply/goal
I have a TM AK Spetz, AEX upgraded it. I would like to get a JG BAR 10 (mod it up and all that jazz) and become a sniper/ recon person.
Can't wait to get back into it. - Alp88
Just for me, because i don't know some the lingo said around here, is there a person I can PM for help? Not harcore noob questions, just what some of the code means?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Alphorn88 »