Author Topic: YOUR UNIFORM  (Read 10173 times)

Offline Surplus man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
lol i think the best urban camo is uh urban clothes.. ie what your wearing to your job or school.. just put a pistol in your jacket and your pretty well disguised.

hehe night vision. i still think im cool with my gulf war issue night camo parka and trousers. its old but its better than nothing bwa ahaha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2005, 08:20:50 PM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
lol i think the best urban camo is uh urban clothes.. ie what your wearing to your job or school.. just put a pistol in your jacket and your pretty well disguised.

hehe night vision. i still think im cool with my gulf war issue night camo parka and trousers. its old but its better than nothing bwa ahaha
Until I flip on my IR sensor and your glowing like a Christmas tree...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2005, 10:04:18 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

The one you don't have? That one? ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »
and if you do have one, then something must be done.   hehehe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2005, 10:26:33 PM »
lol i think the best urban camo is uh urban clothes.. ie what your wearing to your job or school.

Well put, in my opinion. As I've heard, and come to realise, it doesn't matter what camo you would wear in urban/cqb. Black isn't suggested, but it might be a bit intimidating.. why do you think SWAT wears black and comes in a black van other than a white or red one? ;-) And what I would wear for urban.. the exact crap I would wear for field use. Why? Because it's no extra work, and I bought it to use it.. and it would work fine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2005, 11:05:43 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
Quote from: "busta_cap"

The one you don't have? That one? ;)

Funny, but I hope you see his point.  

Camo is more than color blending.  While not so important in airsoft, the IR spectrum is taken into consideration in real military uniforms.  

Then again, you guys probably don't care about that.  Looking cool is all that matters, right? :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2005, 12:47:46 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Camo is more than color blending.  While not so important in airsoft, the IR spectrum is taken into consideration in real military uniforms.  

Then again, you guys probably don't care about that.  Looking cool is all that matters, right? :P

Yes, I see his point. But thats a big negative on the "looking cool". I have a pair of NVGs with an IR Ilimunator. I have watched people using older style camos through them, and you can really see the difference.  They "glow" a little more. Animals look cool through them too.

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2005, 07:00:56 PM »
wait till a group of people see you flip out your ir sensor and theyll make a commotion making you a target. besides if its a pistol in regular clothes you wont know civilian from soldier until he has his gun out pointed at you.

night vision $300
 fully automatic m16 a2 $1000
advanced camo and gear $500

shot by an "innocent civilian" who happened to be spec ops in disguise priceless.
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2005, 07:06:24 PM »
night vision $300

Not knowing what you're talking about: Priceless ;).

NVGs that the military use are ALOT more than 300 bucks my friend. Try about 2.5K.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2005, 07:12:43 PM »
night vision $300

+1 bro![smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]

Surplus_Man, wtf are you talking about?  No, seriously!

300 dollar night vision?  500 dollars for gear?  Maybe from "Military stuff-4-Less!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2005, 07:54:50 PM »
I'm far more amazed at the fact that he's knows of a FULL-AUTO M16A2 (they don't make them full-auto) and for $1000! Tell me when you get a few and I'll be all over them. They go for 'bout $12,000 from what I've seen. . .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2005, 08:05:25 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
night vision $300

+1 bro![smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]

Surplus_Man, wtf are you talking about?  No, seriously!

300 dollar night vision?  500 dollars for gear?  Maybe from "Military stuff-4-Less!"

I couldn't resist. Now i dont think an A2 goes for 12K, but i'd imagine its at least 5K+. Gear, without any armor of any sort(helmet, plates ect) might go for 500 depending on what you get. Poop on you if you get shot at though. The armor alone will cost...what...maybe....1500 total?

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2005, 08:18:07 PM »
it was a point... the fact that no matter how much money you put into you pretty gear and battery operated gizmos you still probably wont see the one armed assailent in a crowed area. i know m16 are expensive more than 1000 bucks i was ad libbing prices to make a point. im sorry but in the middle of a group of people on a city street, if your wearing grey and white camo with a huge black vest, an m4 and a thick pair of goggles around your head, your gonna stick out.

*Whisper Whisper*... Word tell if your in the military, your gear and weapons are provided at no cost to you! :) :) :)

-carl

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2005, 08:22:42 PM »
*Whisper Whisper*... Word tell if your in the military, your gear and weapons are provided at no cost to you! :) :) :)

Not completely true. Well they do provide you some gear, alot of soldiers take stuff that they need, but the government doesn't issue them, or have enough of to issue to every soldier.

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2005, 08:27:32 PM »

Not completely true. Well they do provide you some gear, alot of soldiers take stuff that they need, but the government doesn't issue them, or have enough of to issue to every soldier.

thats personal choice though.  I'm pretty damn sure they give you the M16, the helmet, and the basic load bearing gear.  bdu's too  ;)   gratis.  'cept they own it.   remember, uncle sam isnt santy clause.

from what i know, most of the "self purchased" gear includes scopes, red dots, footwear, and gloves.  snipers tend to send out for their own stuff, but i dont imagine the regular foot soldier does.

-carl