Author Topic: Airsoft guns are now illegal in Chandler, AZ (?!)  (Read 24199 times)

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2005, 12:18:54 AM »
If you're not old enough to drive a car, are you old enough to brandish a replica firearm in public where the whole entire neighborhood can see it?  

NO!

In fact, age has nothing to do with it.  If you're 15 or 30, you still sholdn't brandish a replica firearm in public.

Now, I am guilty of firing a pneumatic or spring projectile weapon inside the city limits of Glendale.  I have fired both my AEG and my air rifle that I use on Central High's Army JROTC (which I assure you, is the best JROTC in the world) rifle team.  However I have never brandished either of these weapons in public... nor do I intend to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline zckman_2001

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2005, 11:28:58 AM »
Quote from: "AddoAduro"
I'm not trying to promote what they're doing in any way, (I agree with busta) but I just thought I'd point out that maybe their parents are like everyone I know that can drive (since I can't drive yet) and don't really want to drive people all the way out of town just so they can shoot each other?

Just thought I'd point it out...

PS: As a side note, just for future reference for everyone: Apperently, wearing camo at night in public is a bad idea in certain areas...  If you really want to hear the full story, PM me. ;)

That's is the story. Parents just don't want to spend time driving us out of town, or take the time to find us a place to play. And, we don't actually use camo or anything like that. Just normal clothes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by zckman_2001 »
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that\'s why it\'s called the present.

Offline Basher

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?topic=ezo
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2005, 04:46:22 PM »
Man, it still gets me to watch these types of thread unravel so quickly. Not much seems to have changed over the past year or so.

The point is, whether you think it's OK to brandish a replica firearm or not, it's still illegal. Period. I don't care if you're 15 or 47. Open carry of a firearm (ie, an actual firearm) is perfectly legal in our state, but generally those who carry (either open or concealed) keep their firearm where it belongs - holstered! As soon as that thing breaks leather, all hell will break loose. Your airsoft goodies will cause the same reaction. I've never had a loaded firearm pointed at me, but I can tell you it's probably the last thing I want to experience.

I know a bunch of cool PHX PD, and am close friends with a number of them, but if they were to see me pointing anything remotely resembling a firearm at another individual, they wouldn't hesistate to draw down on me no matter how well they know me, nor would I in the same situation until I got things sorted out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Basher »

Offline Phynstok

• Private
    • View Profile
recent news
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2005, 12:48:54 AM »
I just read an obscure paper San Tan Sun something or other that said that new legislation makes it legal to "have" an airsoft gun but it is still illegal to point it at anyone in a threating manner within city limits. No games in Chandler (boo hoo)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phynstok »
\"Keep your stick on the ice.\" - Red Green

Offline Skokauckas

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2005, 10:41:17 PM »
I would not loose too much sleep over the situation with Chandler.  Think about it.  How many "local laws" do cities have?  And what percentage of them are obeyed??  THINK! And use good judgement.  Keep your sh*t in your vehicle at all times!  And we should do just fine.  And besides, there is WAY TOO MUCH $ MONEY $ being made with the Airsoft market as it is.  It's a multi-billion dollar industry.  Which means even if these "law-makers" try to give this law any teeth....there will always be a way to buy Airsoft products.  There will always be someware to play Airsoft, and there will always be people fighting for us and Airsoft!  Our government has been trying for decades DICTATE our gun rights...and they have failed time and time again.  Federail, State, and local police have way more sh*t to worry about than us....belive me.  

So it's simple.  Think and use good judgement.  Keep your sh*t wired tight at all times and we'll do just fine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Skokauckas »
Shoot First....Live Longer....\"GO 1st. CAV !!!\"

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2005, 08:42:25 AM »
Quote from: "Skokauckas"
I would not loose too much sleep over the situation with Chandler.  Think about it.  How many "local laws" do cities have?  And what percentage of them are obeyed??  THINK! And use good judgement.  Keep your sh*t in your vehicle at all times!  And we should do just fine.  And besides, there is WAY TOO MUCH $ MONEY $ being made with the Airsoft market as it is.  It's a multi-billion dollar industry.  Which means even if these "law-makers" try to give this law any teeth....there will always be a way to buy Airsoft products.  There will always be someware to play Airsoft, and there will always be people fighting for us and Airsoft!  Our government has been trying for decades DICTATE our gun rights...and they have failed time and time again.  Federail, State, and local police have way more sh*t to worry about than us....belive me.  

So it's simple.  Think and use good judgement.  Keep your sh*t wired tight at all times and we'll do just fine.

Wrong.

Please look up the UK's VCR bill. They're in the process of pretty much banning all of airsoft in the United Kingdom. If such a law is passed here, then no, regardless of however much $ MONEY $ you think is changing hands, there will be no way to buy, sell or import any airsoft equipment. There's nobody fighting for airsoft, really, and I fail to see how it's a multi-billion dollar industry in America. It's still a relatively nascent hobby. Tokyo Marui actively discourages, no, forbids, the export of their products to America to this day.

They've got the propensity to be dangerous weapons in the commission of crimes, and a very, very little amount is known about the serious, enthusiast side of airsoft. I mean, if you were a legislator getting complaints from your constituents about kids running around with 1:1 replicas of CIII firearms with suppressors, wouldn't you be like "Hey guys, we gotta ban these to fuck and back?"

The second a law enforcement agent busts out his trunk gun and blows a teenager's head off who has like, a piece of sh*t Double Eagle M4 he got for like, 50 bucks, it's all over.

Again, another limited experience type thing. Give it time and you'll understand the politics and the situation better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2005, 08:47:31 AM »
Quote from: "Skokauckas"
I would not loose too much sleep over the situation with Chandler.  Think about it.  How many "local laws" do cities have?  And what percentage of them are obeyed??  .

Washington DC, "No Hand Gun Laws" they enforce it too!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2005, 10:34:12 AM »
Yeah but I would imagine that in DC their primary concern would be the safety of the nations leaders, i.e. the president, senate, etc.  I doubt highly that kind of thing would happen here.  Also for those who are so concerned about this issue, age allowing of course, join the NRA, and become part of the solution.  You can whine and moan on these boards all you want, but that won't accomplish anything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GUNFIGHTER6 »

1st Special Operations Rapid Deployment Company - Airsoft Team

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »
I think Vince is right. I'd personally like to see the cheap springers gone from JT and all the sporting goods stores.  Keep the price of AEG's and pistols high enough that someone just can't buy one for mischief.

Now ...having said this, it is just locking the barn after the horse escaped.
Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Paul D Wog

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2005, 06:09:51 PM »
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"
I think Vince is right. I'd personally like to see the cheap springers gone from JT and all the sporting goods stores.  Keep the price of AEG's and pistols high enough that someone just can't buy one for mischief.

Chip

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on where you sit, the cheapo springers are what get us some new players. Granted there are some customers who probably shouldn't have them, but it is the springers that pay the bills at JT.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paul D Wog »
Short Guns.
It's what I do.

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2005, 09:58:03 PM »
Quote from: "Paul D Wog"
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"

Chip
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on where you sit, the cheapo springers are what get us some new players. Granted there are some customers who probably shouldn't have them, but it is the springers that pay the bills at JT.

This is completely true. I'd probably still be stuck with paintball if I hadn't forked out the $20 for a springer initially. Its like testing the water before you take the dive :) .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »

Offline DJ NeX

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2005, 07:38:10 AM »
oddly enough, I bought an LPEG before any springers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DJ NeX »
Classic Army G36c
Maruzen NBB Walther P99 w/ suppressor
CYMA Japanese Police MP5
HFC Walther P99\'s Silver slide and black slide versions

Offline pythonline

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2005, 08:47:24 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why its legal to carry a real firearm down the road, but a fake one isnt...

I think the first person with a brain to get busted by this law will appeal it...  not necessarily good press, but at least it should solve the problem... as long as they weren't attacking anybody with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Offline Ludo.Kressh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2005, 08:33:19 PM »
Play were you cannot be seen.. problem solved.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ludo.Kressh »
If you run from a sniper you will just die tired.

Offline zckman_2001

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »
If you play in a place that you can't be seen. You're probably out of the town. If you're out of the town. It's not illegal. If it's ot illegal THEN there's no problem. There's not really anywhere in a town that can't be seen or YOU wouldn't have found it. Someone can always find you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by zckman_2001 »
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that\'s why it\'s called the present.