Author Topic: Propane adaptor gizmo  (Read 1967 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 08:13:05 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Quote from: "KamikazeSM"
Quote from: "azsarge"
CAG D even used Axe body spray in his pistol mag.  

WTF?  I don't know if I want to know the story behind that.  Was he trying deodorize as he took out his opponents?

Not sure, but he was very proud of his discovery.

The range seemed to be comparable, but it would not completely cycle on it's own.  It had to be used like a springer.
Maybe there was too much gas in the mag? Just like when I filled my mags with 7 seconds of red gas.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 08:20:38 PM »
You mean too much Axe?

I doubt it.  Axe is pressurized with Butane, and at a much lower pressure than HFC22 or Propane.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 09:00:30 PM »
Well, speaking of ..ahem..propane, I think I'll buy an adaptor and give it a shot.

One thing I like about using american propane tanks is that even the disposible Walmart variety are much more robust than the cheesy green gas (Japan, or Tiwan, or trashcanistan made). I've never seen a US one blow out in a hot car, ever.

(~Your mileage may vary, read instructions and always wear a seatbelt...)

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline ninjacito

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/ninjacito
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2005, 12:01:42 AM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
Well, I have seen and even used a GBB(not in a game)with propane in it, it just lacks the extra power and satisfaction I get with Red gas...Now find me a solution for a comparable gas to red gas and I will gladly buy that!

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/re ... review.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ninjacito »

Caderade

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2005, 01:39:35 AM »
I believe red gas is green gas at a higher compression. So I dought you'll be able to find anything that is equivalent to the preassure of red gas...minus the air compressor :).
BTW, www.airsoft-innovations.com has just released a version 4 of the propane adapter. Also, to answer everyone's silicone question, there is a very light silicone oil you can purchase from them for 4. I think it was 2 drops into the propane adapter will be equivalent to the silicone oil found in green gas for 8 mag fills.
Personally, I will buy one very shortly. When I do, I let you guys know how well it works.

-Brian

P.S.-It has been reported that Propane is a tad bit more powerful than HFC22 green gas.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Caderade »

Offline ninjacito

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/ninjacito
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2005, 11:03:28 PM »
I have the version 4 propane adapter.  It works great for me.  The one part design is very sturdy and the light silicone oil that you can buy at aitsoft innovations works just as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ninjacito »