Author Topic: Former Tucson Airsoft pics  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Farslayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 08:24:31 PM »
Quote from: "m-79_Grenadier"
I think its the santa cruz river that crosses the avra valey exit. That place looks pretty promising, and I may have to check it out. If I go, Im also going to scout up the river a bit so see if there is an even larger area.
I looked at some satelite photos, and I think that there is an even larger place upstream a couple miles.

When Andy and I drove past it looked like an oasis....a lot of grass, thick trees and vegatation.  Andy thought it might be too soft of ground to play on...definately a river bed.  Cool place to take some pics in a ghille for sure.... :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 09:26:20 PM »
Did you guys happen to take a look around at the place when you drove past? I was wondering about what the ground terain was like. But mostly in areas like that there is enough grass and vegitation to cover the sand, and make the ground pretty stable. And besides, Ive played in places where my boots were sunk halfway into the mud and other than a little bit of washing, it actually was no big problem. I bet that the only places where the ground is too soft is right near the river. Its probably just grass and sand the resst of the way.

But I dont know. Ill have to go by it and see for myself.

Oh yeah, can you tell me the directions of how you got to it? I figure its easier to hear it from someone who knows where it is than trying to follow a map.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 11:04:40 PM »
I remember the creek like it was yesterday... DAMN it was an awsome place.  I don't think it could be beat!  At least not by anywhere any airsoft games have been held.

O well.... bastards atop the hill decided to screw us over and call and complain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:43 AM »
You know, there is a place that looks like that in town. It is off the 87 at the Verde River. Really high trees, and there is vehicle access via a turnoff on the highway. I think if we went back far enough, it could turn out really cool.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline Bucket

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 12:02:58 PM »
Quote from: "Cheeze_IZ_G00d"
You know, there is a place that looks like that in town. It is off the 87 at the Verde River. Really high trees, and there is vehicle access via a turnoff on the highway. I think if we went back far enough, it could turn out really cool.

Uh which town?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bucket »

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 12:08:03 PM »
Quote from: "Bucket"
Quote from: "Cheeze_IZ_G00d"

Uh which town?

Well, I meant Phoenix, sorry. It is probably about 40-45 miles closer than Bushnell Tanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2005, 12:36:25 AM »
Im going to go and check out that spot on the santa cruz tomorrow. (Monday). It looks like the side closer to the highway might be easier to get to, but the other side looks like it coud be more remote and harder to be spoted by outsiders. Ill let you guys know what its like, and if its nice enough, I migt have to get a little game going to try it out.

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2005, 02:21:08 AM »
Im not sure of the water quality, but Ive many a time have had to wade across it when it was at full flood. I think it was at at a game at sasco, when someone got his suburban stuck where the river runs over the road, and we spent about two hours of collecting gravel out of the running water to put under his mud dregded tires. It was real hot, and after we finally got it out, we had no energy and were totally soaked anyway, so we just decided to lay and rest in the cool water. Also on that same day, most everyone else who stopped at the flooded portion decided to just park and wade across on foot and get a ride from someone else. Plus, I think two other people got thir trucks stuck in the water, and spent a good half. an hour getting them out. Im sure that if the river were that polluted, than it would have had ill effects on any one of us. But Im certain that there are no diseases in the areas surrounding the river that far north of nogales.

Offline azmjs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 12:35:30 AM »
very nice looking place
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azmjs »

Offline Number1Stunner

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 11:04:03 AM »
Has anyone tried going way out west, like past Old Tucson?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Number1Stunner »

-The Universe in Balance

Women are like sunsets..... most are beautiful, but the next day, there will always be another.