Author Topic: Guidelines for starting an airsoft team  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
Guidelines for starting an airsoft team
« on: August 16, 2005, 12:37:15 AM »
Guidelines for the creation of a successful airsoft team.

1)  Think of a name!  This is probably the most important part of the process and why it is number one on the list.  A good airsoft team will have a really cool and possibly ominous sounding name.  Acronyms are the standard, and so should be for your new team.  NOTE:  Be sure to include the word "airsoft" in the acronym - i.e. Tactical Entry Airsoft Members, TEAM!  The world must know that you are an airsoft team after all.

2)  Rank and unit structure is very important.  It should rival that of the real military, so much so that the real military would shiver in their boots if they were to ever see your teams structure.  Heck, they should even respect your teams ranks and allow your higher ranking members to boss around lowly privates.  After all, your Sgts have more experience than those real army privates, right?  You're a Sergeant for crying out loud!

3)  This guideline goes hand in hand with #2.  Ultimate power should be granted to the leader (who is usually the creator) of the team.  This power should be demonstrated often in this individuals own team forums, where anyone that post something not within the strict, unwritten law of the team leader, will be dealt with accordingly...

4)  Power in numbers.  A good team is a big team - even if its just forum membership.

5)  Training?

6)  A good looking team website is critcal.  It shows the airsoft world you mean business.  When other players come to visit your teams site, they should marvel in awe.  It should be sooo cool that others will want to join your team on the coolness factor of the website alone - that is until visitors start getting a "Bandwidth Exceeded, Page Temporarily Unavailable, Please Try Again Later - GeoCities :)" message.

7)  Teammates need cool sounding nick names.  Everyone in the team should have a cool nick name, except for the newest members - they should have degrading, and humiliating ones.  The team leader should obviously have the coolest nick name.  Video character names are cool to use, as long as its not a girl character name.  Recommended cool nick names:  Viper, Snake, AirsofterOne, Dragon, Sniperkilla, or anything with "sniper" as a part of it is cool for that matter.  Loser sounding nick name recommendations:  busta_cap.

8)  Team meetings are very important, probably more important than actually playing airsoft games.  I mean, when are you going to get a chance to discuss what the ranks should look like and who is on fire team alpha.  This is also a chance to discuss (or listen to) the ideas of the team leader about the direction the team shall go and the tactics the team will (attempt to) employ.  You could try to have a meeting before a game, but that would mean waking up early; and after games wouldn't work either, because mom will have dinner ready early.

9)  A sharp, professional looking team uniform is in order.  It should demonstrate to others that your team means business.  Gear should also be the best.  Make sure your teammates have nothing but the best in mil-spec issued kit!  If its not mil-spec, its not deserving of your team!  Woodland BDUs are $6 for a top or bottom in the bargin bin, and mil-spec ALICE gear can be found at goodwill stores.  

10)  And finally, make sure someone on your team has a car.  You will need to get the team to the battlefield somehow!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 02:45:02 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:40:57 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 05:34:04 AM »
Team schmeam!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline War savage

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 07:14:07 AM »
Or you could be your own team and work under contract. Hence, "Mercenary".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by War savage »

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://teamfe0.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »
Quote from: "War savage"
Or you could be your own team and work under contract. Hence, "Mercenary".

Here here!  Mercs are where its at.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Reaver »

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »
Decaf, Mikey...decaf.  Hillarious as usual, amigo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline howrangi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/howrangi
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 04:21:20 PM »
i second that Legs. HOOAH.  I like the guide lines epesially how the cool names invole "AIRSOFTER1"   :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by howrangi »
The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country.

Offline FarFromEinstein

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Guidelines for starting an airsoft team
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 10:53:18 PM »
Quote from: "Airsofter1"
6)  A good looking team website is critcal.  It shows the airsoft world you mean business.  When other players come to visit your teams site, they should marvel in awe.  It should be sooo cool that others will want to join your team on the coolness factor of the website alone - that is until visitors start getting a "Bandwidth Exceeded, Page Temporarily Unavailable, Please Try Again Later - GeoCities :)" message.

I can help with that part! I know HTML, PHP, and some of CSS, JS, and DHTML. And I can work apache and PHP like no other. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FarFromEinstein »
I hate AEG\'s... I love to snipe.