Author Topic: Feb 25th Game  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Theosh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Feb 25th Game
« on: February 25, 2006, 09:52:31 PM »
From the desk of Tan team, Alpha 2.
 I just wanted to chime with a few recaps of the game. First of all of Tan team did an excellent job. Alpha, Bravo and Charlie performed so well together. For a group that has never played together on sucha large scale before, all teams followed orders and became a powerfull strike force. To you guys I say, I would be more than happy to have you all with me again.
 Tan, was a pretty small group, 12 of us. But when we pushed Op For. back about 150yrds with 3 casualties (including myself, I have a huge welt on my forhead) that is very impressive! I have to say I had a blast!
 Thank you guys, you made my night.
Tan team, Alpha 2, out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Theosh »

Offline Theosh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 09:54:26 PM »
Oh, one more thing. How can I get a  copy of the video that was shot that night? Please PM with the info.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Theosh »

Offline absent40

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 10:12:27 PM »
yea was a lot of fun. i was Bravo 1.  would love to do it again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by absent40 »

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 11:27:49 PM »
That was one kick ass game.  I really enjoyed the field.  Good to have some structures for some added fun, and a nice mix of open areas as well, excellent.  I had a great time playing.  The night game was awesome, thank to Doogie (hope i spelled it right!) for keeping a good two-man team initiated.  ;)  It was great shooting by your side  8).   But yeah, i just have to ask, any pics?  I need to start bringing one when i go.  
Alpha 3 out...   :lol: (i'm pretty sure i was alpha team)... :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 01:35:33 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline SINJIN

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.com/gallery
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 06:49:48 AM »
Sorry guys, I was not at the top of my picture taking game, here are the few shots that I did get.  Details on how and when the video will be available soon.  As always, great games.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SINJIN »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:15:25 AM »
That game was really fun. The U.S. Greenies were outnumbered, but we were sneaky. We managed to capture some objectives, find some IED's, and disarm a couple party popper boobytraps. Ghost shot howlers, I shot my new machinegun, and Minisupport shot everybody  :twisted:

Big Kudos to Az Sarge and Airsofter 1. You folks put a lot of planning on this and it showed. Seeing the objectives change and keeping the intensity of the war constant even into the dark night kept me on my toes thruout. It never got boring, and the OPFOR was all one baaad mother fu-"shut yo mouth!"...

Side note; Even with no moon, there was enough light from the nearby city to make it fairly easy to scoot around the field. -Good call keeping the fight away from the 8-foot dike drop off. It was a lot safer than last Summer's game there.

I'm gonna send a thank you email to the Southwest Paintball owners. They like us there, and I'll be back next game.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »
Good game. Glad to finally get out and exchange fire with all of you again. Looking forward to the next outing for sure.
 Alot of good jobs and good shots go out. I did see alot of teamwork and it paid off for those who worked together greatly. Kudos to the organizer. Good pick on the field to play, asaide from the paint.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:52:34 AM »
Had a great time, thanks to the guys who do the work so we can have fun!

Great pics too.

Look forward to next time.  I think I'm gaining some skill in the "Red
Rag Quick-Draw". :lol:

Be Well,
Phyrst
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 12:50:19 PM »
I really do wish I could have been there. I was down on the roster, and I had everyting ready and packed up the night before. And yesterday afternoon, I set off after filling up the tank in my trooper.

About 40 miles out of Tucson I noticed a significant drop in power, and began struggling to keep up with traffic. What I later found out is that the back of the valve cover gasket blew out and leaked oil out all over my engine compartment. Pretty much all of the oil was gone from the engine before I saw all the smoke, and had a chance to realize what was happening. I pulled of the freeway, and upon inspection of the motor, had to call and have it towed home. After I got it home, I pulled the motor apart, and discovered he extent of the damage that had been done to it. The draining of the oil had torn a hole clear through the side of the #2 piston, and scored the cylinder so bad that its going to have to be bored out. (For those of you the dont know cars that well, this means that the engine is pretty much scrap.)

The part I dont like is that Its much cheaper to do all the work myself then take it somewhere and have it done for really high prices. But it dosent really matter though, This is not the first engine Ive had to put back into it.

Oh well. Sorry I wasnt there guys. Theres always next time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 01:01:50 PM »
That sucks, Vincent. I'm sure you'll get it squared away before the game on the 12th.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that man.... would've enjoyed having you out there.  Do you have a hand drill and a honing attachment?  If the cylinder isn't TOO badly scored (measure with a micrometer), you should be able to squirt some WD-40 (for lubrication and cleansing) and hone the cylinder.  Remember that you want a crosshatch pattern for the piston rings to ride on, or else the ring will not do their job right.  And it sounds like you're gonna need another piston.  Use your micrometer readings to determine what size rings you need.  I know alot about engines (took an engines course at my school and passed with an A).  In that class, i tore apart a 3800 V6 (Pontiac) about 5 times.  But it sounds like you know what you're doing, too.  So yeah, just some advice... and yeah, you're right... it would be cheaper to do it yourself.

Saguaro Team Leader

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 01:29:49 PM »
Na, I have all the honeing stuff, but Its pretty bad.
I have another spare block sitting in my backyard the might be honeable, but ill have to tear it down and look a it first. As for this block, that cylinder is pretty far gone. It scored it pretty bad, Id say at leas .015 in some places. I miced the bores and theyre all standard size, so I can still bore them up. What I may have to do is to take it to work, and set it up in one of the big G&L horizontal boring mills, and bore them all maybe .020 or .040 over. Oversize pistons are readily available too.

As far as the bottom end, Im not sure yet, because I havent gotten a chance to have the pan off yet. I didnt hear any clacking when it was running, but the crank still may or may not be scored. I also have another crank laying around, But I dont know its condition yet either, because I havent pulled the rods off of it yet. I think the rods and wrist pins should be ok, because all of the other cyilinders had zero scoring, so perhaps they may have spared the corosponding parts in the bottom end.

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
Well, that's good.  I'd sill double check the condition of the bottom end, and if you can, check the bearings and make sure that there's no wear there.  Boring out the cylinders and replacing the rings with oversized is a good alternative.  You'll also increase you're volume in each cylinder, so you may notice a change in power... 8)  that's cool.  Well, if you have a feeler gauge, you should be able to easily check for excessive clearances between bearing surfaces.  To be sure about the crank, use the micrometer to check and make sure it is not tapered or worn in certain spots.  When it comes to the bearing surfaces on the crank, any excessive clearance can cause premature wear, knocking, and future damage.  And not enough can lock up the crank.  Also, if you're gonna remove the pistons, make sure to mark each one with a punch on both the rod and cap.  And when you do, mark the same side, so assembly will be exactly how it was... the way each rod and cap bearing wears can lock up the engine if they are not put back in exactly the same positions they were in... but that's common sense, i'm sure you know that.

Good luck with you engine man, hope you get it back together in good shape.  I'm pretty sure you will though, since you know wha you're talking about and have the equipment available.  

Art -

Saguaro Team Leader

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 04:06:57 PM »
Check it out:

Trashed #2 cylinder.

Amazingly though, the head is fine. For some reason the engine never got hot enough to crack it. That saves me about $1k there.

Through all of the prices total rebuild is going to cost me around $400-$500 bucks. Whics is a steal comparing to taking it to a shop.

Anyway, I hope im not taking this thread too off topic, But I do plan on being at the game on the 12th. If not by this car than by another! :D