Author Topic: Do you believe...  (Read 12643 times)

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 10:51:51 PM »
Hey cmptrdewd are you realy 14? I wish I had the wisdom that you have at that age!!!! Unfortunately I did not come to a relationship with the Lord till just before my JR year into High School!!!! However, I would not have gone through the same life changing Process and would not be the same person I am now. Nor would I have found my life's purpose.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 10:53:40 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
here is my take on religion. Its cool if you want to have something to believe in, but i personally dont buy it. Heres why: Religion has, and will always be a concept. It was a concept created by man. Man created this concept to give themselves a sense of security. So basically, to make others believe that they arent in control, and that there is something watching over them.

I'm going to get flamed for this: I think the bible is just a story. Like a play, simply a play. Just like Romeo and Juliet.

Uuuummmmm.....

If a concept created man, and then man created the concept....uummm... kind of a paradox, don't you think?

Did you ever read the Case for Chirst by Lee Strobel?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »
a concept is an idea. An idea was never "created" it has always existed in man. That is why we arent monkeys. We can think, and reason better than an animal. Do you think an animal worships god?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »
Well in another way of thinking, how is it that every culture in the world there is a word in there language for GOD? That very fact proves his exsitance how else would there be a WORD for GOD?

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2005, 11:02:51 PM »
Yeah, my family is pissed I'm not christian. Hell, I was almost raised a mormon, thankfully not. But most my life, christian schools, christian churches every sat (and wednes) and so on. And I was never convinced. Is that so bad? I mean.. in my opinion, most of America believes in god because they were taught god from the start. Lets say.. they take what they're given, and don't question it as often as they should. And when they do, they lean twards what they believe in, although they may not know it, because they 1. Need a god to be there, to make them feel whole.. 2. Don't know it, but they've always been taught god, so they still don't put up a fair trial for the opposing religion. I do know there was something out there to give life a push-start, but it doesn't mean he/her/it is there now. It may be, but I like the whole see it, believe it deal. And as far as the mind goes, I know MY mind is there because.. I just used it a second ago. I don't know god is there, because I don't use him, or feel him.

I went through a process of hating god. I wasn't quite racist, but I despised the dude. Tons of family tragedys and etc. I often thought, "why does god take people away in such brutal ways? I could understand why he couldn't take them away in their sleep, but when they lay there in agony, for hours knowing death is near.. it's not right. Then, one day I decided "I would waste a lot less time, to not give a crap instead of hate him".. and that's where I remain now and for years to come.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 11:06:20 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 11:05:21 PM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"
Hey cmptrdewd are you realy 14? I wish I had the wisdom that you have at that age!!!! Unfortunately I did not come to a relationship with the Lord till just before my JR year into High School!!!! However, I would not have gone through the same life changing Process and would not be the same person I am now. Nor would I have found my life's purpose.

Yes I am 14.
I have studied creation science as well as evolution science.
The question of God always has fascinated me.
I have come to a concultion about God through my years of research (about 6 years).
I have read many book on the subject.
I have conculed that God does exist and that scienctific evidence supports Christianity the most.
But i have an even deep proof, the relationship I have with Jesus Christ and many wonder thing He has done in my life!

--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 11:06:35 PM »
Well in another way of thinking, how is it that every culture in the world there is a word in there language for GOD? That very fact proves his exsitance how else would there be a WORD for GOD?

go read what i said earlier. Its a concept...now if you know anything about how humans spread...

think about it. You'll figure it out. You very question answers itself in fact. There is a word in every language, for every other langue(like cat in english is gato(sp) in spanish).

Studder...i dont hate god. I mean if he exists...oh well...to late for me. But i certainly dont hate it.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 11:11:12 PM »
Studder...i dont hate god. I mean if he exists...oh well...to late for me. But i certainly dont hate it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was talking about me, not agnostic/atheists as a whole. Let it be known.. I don't speak for anyone but me in this thread, and sorry if I offend anyone, I don't mean to. I love to argue, and I love to debate, and I love to debate religion, as a past-time deal, so.. I might post quite a bit in this thread. Although it's got nothing to do with airsoft, nor do alot of the topics in here. I hope it won't get locked for the sensitive topic it has.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"
Yeah, my family is pissed I'm not christian. Hell, I was almost raised a mormon, thankfully not. But most my life, christian schools, christian churches every sat (and wednes) and so on. And I was never convinced. Is that so bad? I mean.. in my opinion, most of America believes in god because they were taught god from the start. Lets say.. they take what they're given, and don't question it as often as they should. And when they do, they lean twards what they believe in, although they may not know it, because they 1. Need a god to be there, to make them feel whole.. 2. Don't know it, but they've always been taught god, so they still don't put up a fair trial for the opposing religion. I do know there was something out there to give life a push-start, but it doesn't mean he/her/it is there now. It may be, but I like the whole see it, believe it deal. And as far as the mind goes, I know MY mind is there because.. I just used it a second ago. I don't know god is there, because I don't use him, or feel him.

I went through a process of hating god. I wasn't quite racist, but I despised the dude. Tons of family tragedys and etc. I often thought, "why does god take people away in such brutal ways? I could understand why he couldn't take them away in their sleep, but when they lay there in agony, for hours knowing death is near.. it's not right. Then, one day I decided "I would waste a lot less time, to not give a crap instead of hate him".. and that's where I remain now and for years to come.

Be honest with God! Tell me Him how you feel about what happens in your life. God will listen. Seek Him out. I feel for you! :cry:
God feels your pain and wants you! Come to Him. He will understand how you feel.

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2005, 11:14:31 PM »
wow I could realy talk to you on many different subjects, to get you to reach an understanding!!!! First off can blame you for the whole Mormon thing cause well they have strange Doctrine!!!! But the idea of why people die in the ways they do I can explain!!! First off people have to go through surtain obticles in order to change there life or for the whole idea is that is part of experencing life. Would you not ride your brand new bike because of fear of crashing and getting hurt ? no you would not for the very purpose of having one is to ride it, and experence it the way in which we live out our life and experence it!!!!

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »

go read what i said earlier. Its a concept...now if you know anything about how humans spread...

think about it. You'll figure it out. You very question answers itself in fact. There is a word in every language, for every other langue(like cat in english is gato(sp) in spanish).

Where did we come from?

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 11:16:51 PM »
you should read everything...

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 11:16:55 PM »
Quote from: "cmptrdewd"
Be honest with God! Tell me Him how you feel about what happens in your life. God will listen. Seek Him out. I feel for you! :cry:
God feels your pain and wants you! Come to Him. He will understand how you feel.

A few times, my prayers were just verbal abuse towards god. Believe me, he knows how I feel. And if what all god says is true, and he knows what we think.. I don't need to pray and tell him how I feel about him, if he's there. He would know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2005, 11:19:57 PM »
I suppose we spread from the sludge of the sea on an earth that was created by a big explosion ..... a random happening....... an acident.

Welll guess what God spoke and BANG it happened you cant get something from nothing because nothing exsisted!!!!!!  :lol:

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2005, 11:20:14 PM »
wow I could realy talk to you on many different subjects, to get you to reach an understanding!!!! First off can blame you for the whole Mormon thing cause well they have strange Doctrine!!!! But the idea of why people die in the ways they do I can explain!!! First off people have to go through surtain obticles in order to change there life or for the whole idea is that is part of experencing life. Would you not ride your brand new bike because of fear of crashing and getting hurt ? no you would not for the very purpose of having one is to ride it, and experence it the way in which we live out our life and experence it!!!!

I have a different answer for that.

God lets things happen because He promised he would.
God gave us domion over the earth that includes sickness and even situations!
We handed over that domion to sin!
God won't act unless we ask Him too!

Also check out this statement I made.
http://www.airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/viewtopic.php?t=5510&start=15
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 11:24:08 PM by cmptrdewd »