Author Topic: Ahhh CRAP!!!  (Read 1786 times)

Offline A Dumb Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Ahhh CRAP!!!
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »
Wish I had found this site sooner. I have gone and upgraded my gun. By the sound of it I'm now shooting way to fast. I'm around 450fps. Argg. I see for some it's no big deal but for most I think it is. Going to ask around see what everyone has to say. To me more speed =more range. To me (a noob at this sport) that is more real. I'm used to getting hit with paintballs. They really leave there mark. So these bb aren't to bad. For CQB I use a different gun that is much smaller and shoots around 385fps. My hot gun is a Echo1 stag15 M4 w/new gear box a 140 spring and new motor. Would like some more feed back on this GOOD or BAD. An for you guys that want to be azzholes about it...How else do you know until you ask? Again I'm new to the airsoft thing and want to play by the rules. I also don't want to keep wasting money on thing no one else want's to play with. For what it's worth why is there a 400fps rule? Is it safety thing or because of stupid people? One more thing what about single shot snipers what is the rule for them? Ahhhh so many questions!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]DOUBLE TAP!![/size][/b]

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Ahhh CRAP!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:13:48 PM »
Bad.

Safety and stupid people.

Semi auto snipers are restricted to 500 FPS.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
Safety is definitely a big concern. Being hit in the face with a BB going 450fps while only 10-15 feet away is not fun. It gets even worse if you get hit in the teeth, one direct hit from something going that fast, from that close of a range is definitely gonna knock a tooth out. Normally the minimum engagement ranges are much more than 10-15 feet, but in certain AOs the terrain is just too rough or too restrictive at times to maintain that minimum range.

Assuming you are 18 or older you should have no problems finding a game.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »
I'd say your best bet at this point is get a longer barrel and have the full auto disabled, then just run a semi-auto sniper....or just replace the spring.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline A Dumb Guy

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
Well good news I hope. I just bought a speed reducer on line. It's good for 7% to 47% reduction of speed. Not sure how well it works but it'sa start. I'm all for safety so thats not a problem. An I'm well over 18 lol 2x that and then some.
[size=150]DOUBLE TAP!![/size][/b]

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »
Quote from: "A Dumb Guy"
Well good news I hope. I just bought a speed reducer on line. It's good for 7% to 47% reduction of speed. Not sure how well it works but it'sa start. I'm all for safety so thats not a problem. An I'm well over 18 lol 2x that and then some.

Those are not allowed by a number of rulesets.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 06:55:14 AM »
I don't know much about this, but could he not just replace the m140 spring with a m110 or m120?
Piss lightning, sh*t success.
Sweat more in practice, bleed less in battle.
You can not strengthen the weak without weakening the strong. -Abraham Lincoln

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:54 PM »
Yep, just replace the spring and it will make the gun legal.

The reducers do not comply with FPS regulations. They can fail therefore are not safe.

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 06:48:08 PM »
Haha, ya jeez, don't you need like a permit for a gun thats automatic and is above like 450fps or something?
Piss lightning, sh*t success.
Sweat more in practice, bleed less in battle.
You can not strengthen the weak without weakening the strong. -Abraham Lincoln

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »
Quote from: "DaGunner"
Haha, ya jeez, don't you need like a permit for a gun thats automatic and is above like 450fps or something?

:?: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?:

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 10:48:22 PM »
This is not easy to find since the implementation of the new forum but here it is from the old forum.

Rules are here:  http://www.airsoftarizona.com/rules.htm

Please ask any questions regarding the rules.  

The thing with velocity reducers is they can allow fluctuations and they can fail if used improperly, hence why reducers are not widely accepted at games.  In airsoft we can achieve a faster fps due to the fact we are shooting a much lighter projectile.  Round gets there quicker but range is generally the same.  A Higher fps at close and medium ranges greatly increases the chances for bb's to break teeth, break the surface and or become lodged into skin tissue. Hence, why the sniper classification has a minimum engagement rule along with other stipulations.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »
Quote from: "Nil8r"
Quote from: "DaGunner"

:?: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?:

Yeah, Ron. Don'tcha know?

Just make things easy and downgrade your gun. You'll most likely be playing with games that are usually 400fps max, that's like a rule of thumb for most. Don't mess with reducers and etc, mainly because (as you read) of the rules. If you're good by any means, an extra 50-75fps is not needed.
كافر
Nate!

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 01:27:19 PM »
ok, say your target is 100 ft away, your gun at 450 FPS would take .22 seconds to get to the target. Now take it from our max FPS of 400FPS and it will only take .25 seconds to get there, now im pretty sure you arent going to notice .03 second difference.

as for range (I'm assuming your using a .20g BB) at 450 FPS (1.9 joules) using a .20g BB being shot from the shoulder would travel about 204 feet before hitting the ground, now lets say your gun shoots 400fps (1.5 joules) with the same BB and conditions, its effictive distance should be around 182 feet, now a 22 foot distance isnt that much not to mention thats max range before it hits the ground. I highly doubt that that at 200 feet there is any accuracy, its more just luck.
Now there are a lot of varibles to the equation i used, and it doesnt account for a hop-up. theres also things like wind, elevation and many other things that would effect the porabola, but for the most part at long ranges an extra 50FPS isnt going to be that huge of a difference.

And as for the muzzle velocity reducers, true they arent 100% static and proven to always reduce your FPS, but [in my opinion] who is to say you can't just crono in an hour or so before the game starts with it on, then before we start playing just take it off.

Offline Ryan33

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »
in standard AA games, the limit is 400 fps. for CQB the limit is 350. i would leave it for now as your spring will wear down and the fps will decrease.
Team Kilo 11 Alpha Squad Leader

Offline G1zm0

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sg12.org/Roster_files/G1zm0.htm
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 06:26:53 PM »
I'd suggest putting a M110 or M120 in it. With a tightbore you are going to have the accuracy you desire and with the M120 range as well (depending on barrel length). As for teeth getting knocked out, saw one 2 weeks ago and the gun was shooting under 400 fps and the shooter was outside his MED. Sometimes it just happens.....