Author Topic: Ordering an M4, AEX or AirSplat?  (Read 2000 times)

Offline seanm028

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Ordering an M4, AEX or AirSplat?
« on: July 03, 2006, 04:05:08 PM »
I'm ordering a Clasic Army M15A4 Carbine (the one with the collapsable stock).  I was originally going to order from AirSplat because they had the cheapest price I could find plus free shipping.  However, when I added in a battery and a charger, I found that the total cost was about the same as when I ordered the same stuff (gun, charger, battery) from AEX and applied the 10% discount that Popapalooza posted in another thread.  However, AEX said the whole package was 7 pounds heaver than what AirSplat said, so I wanted to make sure I'm getting the right stuff (all metal, the right battery, etc. etc.).  If the price really is that similar, which place do you guys reccomend?  Is one of the stores overseas and the other state-side?

Here is my cart from AirSplat: http://www.airsplat.com/viewcart.asp?CartId={78431289-3F19-419DEVEREST-BF5D-1555B775CE42}, AEX uses cookies so I can't link to my cart but this is the gun: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1860:d31dc2e42581e2336c8633d24ffebf11.  Those are the same gun, right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline Speedy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Go on....DO IT
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:20:56 PM »
I say go with AEX. I've done my home work pretty well on sites to order from and inside the state AEX is the place to go in my opinion (great for us cause were on the west coast too). Im driving out sometime by the end of this month to get me a CA CQBR and its worth the drive.
But to answer your question, go with AEX.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Speedy »
Check out Albuquerque, New Mexico\'s first indoor Airsoft Arena here http://abqairsoft.com/index.html

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »
If you plan on driving to, I assume, the San Diego store to buy something, I would call first -- we went and they didn't have much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »
Airsplat shipped my orders ground when I paid for next day air.  They did it more than once and messed up my address as well.  When confronted they promised to refund the shipping cost difference.  They never did.  I will never order from Airsplat again.  AEX and Depot 53 get 100% of mt business now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline warlock

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.warl0k.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 05:00:16 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
If you plan on driving to, I assume, the San Diego store to buy something, I would call first -- we went and they didn't have much.

I'll be with Speedy, and I'll be calling them ahead of time to make sure they got/get what we're looking to buy before we get there :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by warlock »
Team OPFOR
FPS Limits are restrictions, not goals!
Op Organizer
Lead, Follow, or get the **** outta my way!

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »
Sean, I'll be visitng AEX in LA while my family is driving to (or from) Yosemite, If you give me the cash, i could pic it up for ya.....

However, I'm gonna be in the area in about 2 more weeks, so if you want it real soon, I can't help you, and there is the risk that they wont have it like Vince said....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline PolandsLeftTesticle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »
Go with AEX. They're much more helpful, and you can't even put a face to Airsplat--I had a similar problem with shipping as Doc, and AEX not only respond to my e-mails, but deliver what I order reasonably fast and accurately.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolandsLeftTesticle »
Quote from: \"SHIHAN\"
I never knew that three inches was the minimum length for a handgun barrel. I guess all of the anti-gun politicians wont be able to register their penises.

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:37:28 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys.  After all this, I don't know anyone who would still want to go with AirSplat :P

Quote from: "nosmo"
Sean, I'll be visitng AEX in LA while my family is driving to (or from) Yosemite, If you give me the cash, i could pic it up for ya.....

However, I'm gonna be in the area in about 2 more weeks, so if you want it real soon, I can't help you, and there is the risk that they wont have it like Vince said....

Thanks for the offer Jon, but I'll buy it over their online website soon.  Just gotta wait for one more paycheck... (Friday!).  Is there any harm in buying a higher mA battery?  Or does that value just relate to how much juice the battery can store?

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:40:06 PM »
Just relates to how much juicy the battery can store. The only value that could potentially cause harm is the voltage.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Bullseye

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 05:36:08 AM »
Not knocking AEX, but have you tried DEN Trinity?
http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.j ... g=2&rpp=10

A bit cheaper, even with shipping. No batt or charger, but you can pick those up locally. Incredibly fast shipping- order on Monday, expect UPS ringing the bell Thursday, sometimes Wednesday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bullseye »
Field Cmdr, Fatal Exception

He who dies with the most toys...
... is still dead. http://www.tucsoncoalition.com http://www.teamfe0.com

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 07:54:24 AM »
Sean, I'm sure you thought of this already, but get a 9.6 volt battery, (maybe 2 since the gun uses mini batteries) that way if you end up putting an M120 spring in the gun down the road you will be good to go.  And if you leave it stock, then the rate of fire is most excellent..... :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 11:57:37 AM »
Quote from: "nosmo"
Sean, I'm sure you thought of this already, but get a 9.6 volt battery, (maybe 2 since the gun uses mini batteries) that way if you end up putting an M120 spring in the gun down the road you will be good to go.  And if you leave it stock, then the rate of fire is most excellent..... :twisted:

I think I will go with the 9.6v.  How fast do you think it'll throw BBs if I put in an M120 with 9.6v?

Offline Fish

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »
I had an M4 and I was doing 370-380 with an M120.
A tighbore would bring you up to 400-ish.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Fish »
\"If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving definitely is not for you. \"

Offline Twitchy Konigkeit

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 04:16:01 PM »
you know fish i belive a tight bore doesn't bring up the fps(how hard it shoots) i belive it affects distance and accuarcy

i've ordered from AEX that is were i got my G36, they are a great site, they were one of the first with the CA G36 and they shipped it quicker than they said they would! it only took 3 days!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:41:10 PM by Twitchy Konigkeit »

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »
I ordered 2 sets of piston/cylinder heads from airsplat and they only sent me 1, yet charged me for 2.  I spent 2 weeks trading e-mails with people there to no avail.  I finally got tired and gave up, but I will never buy anything from them again.

Charlie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1