Author Topic: Military Surplus  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Morgann0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Military Surplus
« on: September 09, 2006, 11:07:55 AM »
So I was in the phonebook yesterday looking for some Military Surplus places, and the only ones I found were either out of buisness, or like a 45 minute drive.  So I figgured I'd ask the people at Airsoft Arizona where the local military shops are.  Please don't suggest online retailers, I have my reasons.  Anything close by.  Isn't there a fatigue shop near the airpark?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Morgann0 »
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »
Nope.

Re-evaluate your reasons and buy from www.hdesert.com, buying from a store will be more expensive and have less selection.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline PolandsLeftTesticle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »
- +1 for HDesert. My order came in two days.

\PLT
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolandsLeftTesticle »
Quote from: \"SHIHAN\"
I never knew that three inches was the minimum length for a handgun barrel. I guess all of the anti-gun politicians wont be able to register their penises.

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 12:43:21 PM »
2 days huh? It dosn't matter now, I probably can't go to Sandstorm because my parents hate airsoft and are way overprotective.  I just like buying from a local retailer so I dont have to wait for shipping, and so I can yell at a manager if my stuff breaks or something...  Ya know, return policies and all that.

Offline PolandsLeftTesticle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »
- Whatever your preference. I got the wrong size gloves and shirt, and we resolved the issue within two more days. They're based in Arizona, so you know, and they were very friendly.

\PLT
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolandsLeftTesticle »
Quote from: \"SHIHAN\"
I never knew that three inches was the minimum length for a handgun barrel. I guess all of the anti-gun politicians wont be able to register their penises.

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »
I'm trying to go to Sandstrom but it don't look good.  I will be at Terror Shade.

Offline Daytr8er

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »
There's the military surplus store on the NE corner of 35th Ave and Osborn.  They have quite a bit of new and used cammies, plus they just recently started to sell ACU's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Daytr8er »
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. . . and I\'m all out of bubble gum"
-Rowdy Roddy Piper

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »
Keep in mind that gear is mostly for effect, not a complete necessity. Almost everyone is not geared out totally for their first couple games. So I guess what im trying to say is as long as you have an AEG and the basics, play anyways, gear or no gear, it will come in time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline Silverman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
Larada's in Mesa is not bad if you're in the east valley.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Silverman »

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »
Ive said it before and Ill say it again, Laradas is not a "surplus" store.  Its become a novelty store with outrageous prices for used crap. And Lately US surplus is starting to become like Laradas  [smilie=armata_pdt_07.gif] Its getting hard to find a good surplus store these days!
Go to Laradas if you like, but Im not the kind of person to pay $35 for a pair of BDU pants that are held together by patches.

Mini is right, you dont need a lot of gear to start out with. You can play with the basics, the more/better gear you have will just make things more user friendly for you is all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Viper

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 12:42:34 PM »
Try places near Bases they usually have better stuff at lower prices. although the only bases I can think of here is Luke AFB and I havent seen any surplus stores except for one in downtown Glendale, but pleasedont ask me for directions because I realyy dont know my way around here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Viper »
\"He isn\'t dead....  he is just electroencephalographically challenged.\"
SPAM, Its American
Resident Texan

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »
Quote from: "mini-support"
Keep in mind that gear is mostly for effect, not a complete necessity. Almost everyone is not geared out totally for their first couple games. So I guess what im trying to say is as long as you have an AEG and the basics, play anyways, gear or no gear, it will come in time.

+1, I have a stock AEG and relatively cheap gear.  I have two LBV's (one is Mikey's old Blackhawk vest) the other a green LBV from a surplus store.  Both work well for me.  I have a 6004 holster, only because I use the same holster for hunting.

I would recommend one thing though, if you are considering buying some expensive gear, use the search function and ask around.  A lot of guys have bought similar gear and can tell you of the pro's and con's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 05:05:40 PM »
i use a lbv from jungle toy the infinity tactical 6 pouch tan. it works fine for me. when i get more money, ill get a plate carrier and molle gear for looks, but for now, that vest, a drop holster and pistol mag pouches on my belt work fine.
the vest holds 6 mags, my tool kit, radio, 3 litre camlebak bladder, leatherman and speed loader. plus theres velcro under the shell carrier for patches

EDIT: can hold 12 mags if the top flap is removed on each pouch. (velcro)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 12:47:40 PM »
One of the reasons surplus stores have gone the wayside is due to the changes the US government has made in their surplus policies.  For a time, even BDUs were being destroyed versus being surplused, under the misguided notion that the anti-IR reflectivity "coating" in the BDUs would fall into enemy hands....regardless of the fact that much / most of it was washed out of the fabric by the time the BDUs hit the surplus market.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com