Author Topic: landmines  (Read 880 times)

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
landmines
« on: September 28, 2006, 01:49:02 AM »
are landmines even a part of the game , does any one have any or used them during play yet?
What brand is your mine? how happy were you with the effect, what about the claymores, anyone got one of those yet? Mortor? Rocket tubes?
Can we put these items into play?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aztacgunfighter »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:07:08 AM »
There are land mines available on the market.

Now, are you talking about AP mines(Claymores) or generic landmines? I've never seen a claymore or mine in play. I've been told players have them, but I have never come accross it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »
Chainsaw on AMSOG bought one.  Basically, when detonated, the front pops open and spring loaded "sling" hurles out BB's (around 150 is a good number)....he's added baby powder for smoke effect.  I've gotten hit on a trail, it doesn't hurt, but you know you've been hit (unless you're one of those FVCKIN CHEATERS!!).  Trip wire or remotely detonated.

Hawk and Snap, formally of legandary SWAIRTAC fame, experimented with little sirens that go off when tripped.  I have a couple in a bag at home.  I also know how to make one out of a smoke detector.  Anyone within a certain radius when tripped is just "dead"....based on HONOR....that's HONOR BITCHES!!! Not that I'm bitter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline supporter

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.goarmy.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 02:35:30 PM »
The only bad part about landmines is this:

If there are 2 roads, bushes, than you, and you have one mine, where would you place it?

By the time you have the answer, the enemy will alraedy be there, or the game will be over. Either way, I don't think they are that good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by supporter »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 03:01:28 PM »
What? That isn't a problem. You have 3 places to put the mine, thus a 33% chance the enemy will run into a mine. By placing that mine you have reduced it to 2 avenues of approach. Now that you have 2 avenues of approach, they can only come from 2 directions, and you cover that with infantry. A landmine is NOT an offensive weapon.

(Here is a lesson: know shit before you post shit.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
mines
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 03:06:42 PM »
don't tell that to a combat engineering, thay are soooo smart. One almost blow me and a rifle squad up during training out at 29 palms, oh yes he was a butter bar. refused to listen to the grunts when we told him were not past the minumum safe distance for the bangalore we had that day, thank God for over head cover and the very big rock we all stood behind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aztacgunfighter »