Author Topic: KSVK or M108-A2  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Gauge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
KSVK or M108-A2
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
developed in the 90's the soviet KSVK from what I've heard seems to be the premiere anti-materiel long range sniper rifle. 12.7 mm round and bullpup design with a remarkably un-remarkable look and design I like the gun for what it is and what is capable of.

But that brings us to the Barrett M108-A2 which is the designation I believe for the successor to the fantastically popular widely renowned Barrett M-82A1 the (now) magazine fed sniper rifle. Formerly bolt action and bull pup configured, the A1 rifle packs a .50 caliber armor piercing, incendiary round and is most popularly known from such games as Rainbow Six and Battlefield 2 and events such as Desert Storm from the first Iraq War. The new M108-A2 from the little I've managed to find appears to have increased the barrel length from its predecessor as well as the weight and apparently originated as a championship sport rifle recently adopted for military use.

I don't presume to know much beyond that, and what I do know is mostly third hand and hearsay from various sources. If anyone would like to comment or correct anything feel free. Likewise, I was just wondering what stance those that respond to this topic would take on which weapon they find inherently more towards their tastes.

BTW, I'm looking at HIGH caliber anti-materiel (yes that's spelled with an "el") rifles and seeing as how the Druganov uses a 7.62 that is why it has not been included.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gauge »
Team Saguaro

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »
You are looking for a high-caliber long range anti-material rifle?

Is this your first gun purchase?
What optic are you looking at?
What is your price range?

I am the same age as you but I dont have $5-7k to spend on a rifle. A M82a1 is on my list of guns I would like to own someday but for now I need a barret like I need a hole in the head. Get an AR and have fun with it, and get an M82a1 when you can afford it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."