Author Topic: Eagle Industries Ballistic Vests  (Read 712 times)

Offline Gauge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Eagle Industries Ballistic Vests
« on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:06 PM »
Anyone know what chest sizes the Eagle Ballistic vests fit for their sizes?

I'm 5'4'' and 165. My chest is about 38.5 inches and I was wondering if a small or a medium would be a better fit? i'm looking at the black Law Enforcement Carrier on PracticalTactical.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gauge »
Team Saguaro

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:20:53 PM »
Small. I'm 6 ft, about 160ish, and a small is a bit big on me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »
Normally I would ask what the measurement from the top of your sternum to your belly-button would be, as when they have actual armor in them, the vest can jam up into your throat if the armor/vest is too long.

A "rule of thumb" is to buy the vest one size smaller than the t-shirt you wear.  I have a 44-45" chest, and a Large CIRAS/LEO Carrier fits me great.  I wear a medium, however, because a large is too long and when I sit, I get a chinful of armor/plates.  I am 5'10, 225.

It also bangs into anything i am wearing on my trouser belt.  A medium doesn't do this.  That said, I did have to add longer paracord to the cummerbund adjustment of the LE Armor carrier in order to get the medium to fit more comfortably.  I have a gap in coverage using a medium that I wouldn't have with a large.

All that said, based on your sizing, my guess is that a small would fit you better than a medium, partly because of the height issue.  I have both a small and a medium in stock.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com