Author Topic: H.R. 428: to ban toys guns which in size, shape, or overall  (Read 6289 times)

Offline gixser13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 10:44:23 AM »
Quote from: "The Cartographer"
I see this as another case of attempted "social engineering".

I don't know about you older guys, but my generation has had it constantly drummed into our heads by public schools that "violence never solves anything".  In reality, violence, or the threat of violence, has probably solved more problems than anything else in history.

By banning things that look like guns, they're trying to instill an unwarranted fear of them, thus making them easier to ban in the future when one of those "we're doing it for the children" groups gets loud enough.  

It's all a ploy to get us to rely more on the state than our own self initiative, because by God, those guys in Washington are inherently smarter and better than the rest of us and we should have them protect us. :roll:

Strong the force is in you, Young Padwon!  ;)

You hit the nail on the head
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline General Lee

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 01:12:33 PM »
Quote from: "The Cartographer"
I see this as another case of attempted "social engineering".

I don't know about you older guys, but my generation has had it constantly drummed into our heads by public schools that "violence never solves anything".  In reality, violence, or the threat of violence, has probably solved more problems than anything else in history.

By banning things that look like guns, they're trying to instill an unwarranted fear of them, thus making them easier to ban in the future when one of those "we're doing it for the children" groups gets loud enough.  

It's all a ploy to get us to rely more on the state than our own self initiative, because by God, those guys in Washington are inherently smarter and better than the rest of us and we should have them protect us. :roll:

Unfortunately you are too correct. :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by General Lee »

Offline skate n shoot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/skatenshoot
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »
though i doubt this will happen anytime in the future, there is alot of problems
first alot of buisnesses will have to be shut down
millons will lose jobs
people will be pissed

although if worse comes to worse,     to Canada! ;)
Eh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by skate n shoot »
primary - classic army m15a4 tatical carbine
secondary - kwa g26 c

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »
I wouldn't count on running to Canada, they have pretty strict gun control up there already.  The US is one of very few nations to still allow large scale private ownership of firearms.  I find it very funny though that here they are trying on a regular basis to outlaw guns, but in a Iraq, a country embroiled in a Civil war, each household is allowed to have at least one assault rifle, and no restrictions on full auto.  Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GUNFIGHTER6 »

1st Special Operations Rapid Deployment Company - Airsoft Team

Offline skate n shoot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/skatenshoot
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
hmm is right
nutin like seing the smile on juniors face when he opes a box to fing a full auto ak
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by skate n shoot »
primary - classic army m15a4 tatical carbine
secondary - kwa g26 c

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 05:08:58 PM »
Here is the main issue.  I dont think the NRA will let this happen... Why? because believe it or not Airsoft does teach some decent gun control and ethics of guns.  Obviously promoting shooting at another human being is not condoned by any of us or the NRA but its part of our hobby.  This also means they have to ban Paintball hand guns as well because it could be construed as a potential firearm (Home made maybe??)    Somethign that will never happen.  Coming from a large hick state (Nebraska) all I see this doing is wasting police resources.  Like the police in England (For those who are not as well up to date the English tried banning ALL things that look like guns including airsoft, but airsoft got an exemption) our police are very busy and would rather be dealing with something like getting ahold of more serious criminals.

Depending on your interpretation of the Constitution's bill of rights it is arguable that we have the Contitutional Right to own firearms and stuff that could be construed as one (whether for militia or self protection).  

By the way there is a National Airsoft Organization to put some stiffer regulations on airsoft guns (Namely those bought w/out ID checks at places like Walmart etc and less on legitamate guns)  The problem with airsoft guns is they are cheap and look like the real thing.  The solution is not to raise the price but to stiffly regulate the sale of Airsoft guns to minors (even with parents) and to make sure that they are Educated in the proper use of them.  Right now I could go to walmart and buy an airsoft gun and walk out with out knowing anything on what it is legal and not legal to do (Such as brandishing, concealed carry, etc).  

The unfortunate part about this is that we all look at the bans under the clinton administration and go, fuck this could happen to us soon but we have to realize this still has to go through the President, and God help us if he has enough brain cells to realize it wont work he'll Veto it.  If not, then the NRA and all of us will be bitching at our senators to pull the stick outa their ass and realize its not working and they are hurting more people then ever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline dxh

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 10:15:53 PM »
Well once again we can thank the democrats.

Democrat, not the Democrats.  No Democrats felt bothered to co-sponsor the bill, which tells me none of them care and have other priorities.  Still, its not surprising that it would be sponsored by a New York Dem.  NY tends to be a bit of a nanny-state.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dxh »
: [dxh] | saguaro.tango.6

Ez Dakit Euskaraz

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 01:27:26 AM »
Well the fact is that no matter what we say or do.  Some idiot out there will always think to themselves, hmmm wonder what that cop will do if I point my airsoft gun at him?  There will always be some damn kids that get into a car, and do drive by's with paintball guns.  No, amount of legislation out there is ever going to change the way stupid people think.  Every thing that legislation like this is supposed to prevent is already illegal, and or will get you shot by the police.  We don't need more laws, just enforcement of the ones on the books, and education aimed at the next generation.  Even if this law did go into effect, how do they plan to enforce it?  Is it even realistic to believe that nobody in the country would be able to craft a replica on their own.  I think congress needs to pull its collective head out of its fourth point of contact, take a deep breath of fresh air, and focus on the real problems.  You know terrorism, crime, the economy!

Offline Speedy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Ok
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »
Might not be a bad idea to stock up on a few new GBB  8)
I know it wont pass but it never hurts to be safe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Speedy »
Check out Albuquerque, New Mexico\'s first indoor Airsoft Arena here http://abqairsoft.com/index.html

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »
Speedy if they plan on banning them that means they will most likely confiscate them on sight.  Dont know about you but why would you spend more money just to get no money back if they do?  (because eventually they will, somehow, they always do)  I still feel this is never going to pass but who knows!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline General Lee

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »
Quote from: "Whiskey11"
Speedy if they plan on banning them that means they will most likely confiscate them on sight.  Dont know about you but why would you spend more money just to get no money back if they do?  (because eventually they will, somehow, they always do)  I still feel this is never going to pass but who knows!

Like he had said before,  it has to go through the President first.  Makes me glad we have a Texan in.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by General Lee »

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 11:06:26 PM »
it also has to pass in both houses of congress.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline aztacgunfighter

• Corporal
    • View Profile
replicas very bad
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »
There is a state Michagan, wisconsin one of those that has already passed the toy gun law.
My customer went all over the state looking for a toy for his grandson just to be told that if he gets one, or buys one and then brings it home he would do time for sure. Sounds like a crazy story I made up but it is true. Just wish I could remember which state, and along those lines there are city goverments that have passed or are working and passing no sales of, transfer of, or possesion or a toy , replica, airsoft, blue trainer, red trainer pistol or rifle.  THIS IS FOR REAL AND ALREADY IN PLACE.

I can just see the cops pulling you over as you move into the state to "check" to see if you have contraband TOY guns, and BB guns are treated just like an unregistered, illegal gun in these same places and you become an automatic phelon. Cool!?

Jefferson, Paine, Whashington would all be very pissed the country has ended up on this very slippery slope of social decay, and more laws than ever before, do you fell safer for them? You can cross the border and have rigths but a citizen can not have a toy or replica of a handgun, where is the justice?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aztacgunfighter »

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: replicas very bad
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07:04 AM »
Quote from: "aztacgunfighter"
  where is the justice?

Justice belongs to those who can afford it.  If you have the money you can do almost anything.  Just ask the "Juice."  (OJ for the youngn's)

The only way the common man can take it back is to vote, get involved, and know what the hell they are talking about.  

You would certainly think that law makers have bigger fish to fry than airsofter's.

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »
It's really sad that the government is going to waste time on this issue instead of working issues like social security, energy issues, and the war in iraq.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »