Author Topic: H.R. 428: to ban toys guns which in size, shape, or overall  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Rolundo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »
if that bill passed into law and if it was enforced wouldnt that responsible for putting places such as Jt out of business.  
personally i dont think it will pass.  even if it does i don't think it will be too effective. Im sure bills like that have been introduced before or maybe even passed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rolundo »

Offline fathamburger

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 06:24:52 AM »
EDIT : hm ive got better thoughts on this, will repost after I've had some sleep ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by fathamburger »

Greenmarine

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »
I say if this goes though we have a big riot
lol jk
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greenmarine »

Offline skate n shoot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/skatenshoot
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »
yeah a riot wouldnt do anything but fuel the fire :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by skate n shoot »
primary - classic army m15a4 tatical carbine
secondary - kwa g26 c

Offline djmtott

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
The NRA won't let this pass.

They tried to ban replica weapons in areas of FL and the NRA stepped in. At least we know we have a heavy hitter on our side.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by djmtott »
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f****r in the valley!"

Offline GeneralNox

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »
correct me if i am wrong, but in chandler it is illegal to fire a airsoft/paintball gun

Nox
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GeneralNox »

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 02:36:28 PM »
Last I heard, it was illegal to own an airsoft gun in Chandler.  But that is just what I have heard.  Can't say I have ever checked.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »
I believe there was some talk about them banning them in chandler, but I doubt that ever passed.  You could probably call Chandler PD, and find out very quickly if it did or not.  Seems like the Chandler police have bigger concerns than airsofter's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GUNFIGHTER6 »

1st Special Operations Rapid Deployment Company - Airsoft Team

Offline MrMom

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flametheboss.com
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »
This really NEEDS STOPPED NOW! I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when skateboarding was in the spot light. JUST A FEW bad apples almost totally destroyed a sport for everybody. When I was growing up roller skates and skate boards where every where. We even wore skates to school. Granted we changed to street shoes when we got there, but we still had the ability to utilize them as a mode of transportation. Today, every where you look there is a sign that states no skating. Gentlemen, and ladies, this is as assinine as it gets, and it is just part of a grander sceam. Ban the toys first, then it will be easier to ban the real firearms. saddly I fear this great nation of ours is coming to an end. I fear that when my daughter reaches my age she will see a new flag over the White House, or worse yet, see it torn down. We HAVE to act now, together. We have to unite as one and say , NO! This IS NOT right! Not just in this matter but others, or our childeren will be doomed because of our inaction. MY GOD in Heaven, what kind of message are we sending our childeren by allowing such nonsense to even be considered in Congress? What kind of legacy are we leaving them?

I know I am new to this forum, and I know that they are just talking about toys, but, I DID NOT serve my countries armed forces to protect OUR rights from outsiders, just to have OUR rights trampled on from with in. I and every other vet of the armed services swore an oath, to defend the constitution, NOT the government, against ALL enemies, foriegn,,,,and DOMESTIC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MrMom »
Anything you can conceive, you can achieve.

Offline MrMom

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flametheboss.com
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »
I did call Chandler PD tonight, airsoft weapons fall under the same restrictions a air gun, i.e. BB or pellet guns, but they are not illiegal to own. This came straight from Chandler PD records officer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MrMom »
Anything you can conceive, you can achieve.

Offline djmtott

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 09:54:53 PM »
Quote from: "MrMom"
This really NEEDS STOPPED NOW! I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when skateboarding was in the spot light. JUST A FEW bad apples almost totally destroyed a sport for everybody.

Not debating the point, but people were not holding up businesses or pointing skateboards at the police.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by djmtott »
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f****r in the valley!"

Offline dxh

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 10:07:31 PM »
Tempe PD considers electric airsoft guns nothing more than toy guns, but categorizes them as air guns would be when any sort of compressed gas is used.  I called them up on Halloween before sporting my CA G36 on Mill Ave. to make sure everything was kosher, and sure enough, it was.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dxh »
: [dxh] | saguaro.tango.6

Ez Dakit Euskaraz

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 10:07:41 PM »
Yes people who point replicas at cops, or commit robberies are idiots, but there are already laws covering this.  Wether the gun is real or not you will still be charged with armed robbery if you point a gun at a clerk and demand money.  We don't need new laws, and we don't need a million new cops either.  Hire some more judges, and make the system work like its supposed to.  Stop pleading out criminals that deserve jail or prison time.  How about building some more prisons so that hardened criminals do get paroled just to make room.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GUNFIGHTER6 »

1st Special Operations Rapid Deployment Company - Airsoft Team

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »
Those you who think the NRA will save you are dead wrong, I seen it happen during the first AWB. If two Bills are on the table. A revised AWB for 2008 or Toy Gun Ban, Who do ya think the NRA will sell out,
 We are talk Congress guys, They play the game and play it well, Two bill will hit the floor, An all out ban Everything and a water-down toy gun ban,

Enjoy your last days or at least till 21 ban cause its a coming,

Yes this is the pussified world we live in nowadays,

http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20 ... -6916r.htm
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 85ed8.html
http://www.preemptivekarma.com/archives ... repli.html
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0102/p01s03-usgn.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Lasivian

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 12:59:48 AM »
Response from a liberal democrat:

I would say it's an overly-broad piece of trash. I love how it says "size, shape, or overall appearance resembles a real handgun" Gee, so any toy the "size" of a handgun is illegal? Oh f-ing brilliant! That toy car the same general size as a handgun, banned!

Liberal or Conservative, Democrat or Republican, if you try to put a law up that's this bad you're just flat stupid, and that's all that really matters.

Personally I'd be more in favor of seeing Airsoft get a government grant in hopes more young people would take up violence with fake guns as an outlet for aggressions instead of real ones.

That is how a smart Liberal thinks :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lasivian »