Author Topic:  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Kurn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 18, 2003, 05:33:43 PM »
I'm almost afraid to ask, but do you have permission to play at these houses?  Also, how visible are they to the public?

-Kurn
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline Boondocksaint1983

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 05:49:33 PM »
We don't have permission, but its not close to the public. The places we play, even if someone was near it. They can't hear the guns going off. We have played many times and haven't been caught. We play pretty smart, we don't just go around and play anywhere. We have been playing in a huge hotel lately. Its so cool. Let me know if you want to come along
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Boondocksaint1983 »
You wanna play? write me an email.

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 06:01:02 PM »
"Haven't been caught" sets off alarms to me.  My personal opinion is that games should only be held where you don't need to worry about being caught.  This means having permission where necessary (Personal property, ect.), and alerting the local authorities (so they know what's going on.)

That being said, a new CQB environment sounds great.  As long as everything is legal, I'm interested and I'm sure many other people would be too.

-Kurn
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline patdittman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 09:30:16 PM »
You got that right!but as far as you playing smart...if you say you play there but have never been caught,your allready playing dumb.And if cops were to show up and not now wuts going on or if the person who owns the property shows up.He might just open fire with a rifle,or he could press charges for trespassing.Either way its a risk playing if you dont have permission.

BTW Boondock Saints is the best movie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by patdittman »
\"Fat people are harder to kidnap\"
(I would be hard to Kidnap)

Humiliation:Learn to do something well,then use it on an enemy.....Repeatedly!   Taste the rainbow,TAAASSSTE IIIT!  Roses are red,violets are blue,i shot him,and now ill shoot you.

Offline KenCasper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 09:31:05 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">We don't have permission, but its not close to the public. The places we play, even if someone was near it. They can't hear the guns going off. We have played many times and haven't been caught. We play pretty smart, we don't just go around and play anywhere.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Shudders at the statement above! Most places that have houses in construction (tract homes, masterplaned comunities) hire security, and at the least the do post the area with no treaspassing signs. While I have seen many trct home areas that would me killer fields a trip to the county jail doesn't really interest me.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> We have been playing in a huge hotel lately. Its so cool. Let me know if you want to come along<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hate to ask but where at?? got permision? is it "abandoned"? If you e-mail me @ ken_casper@yahoo.com   a map showing the location of the hotel I can find out who owns it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KenCasper »
Sgt Kevin Widner
AKA \"Casper\"

\"The Harder you train the harder your enemy must train...all comes down to who gives up first!   Mike \"Colonel\" Potter

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 09:49:31 PM »
I guess you could say that it isn't a good idea, but it is fun to play in an area you aren't suppose to. Its thrill to me and the people I usuall    play with. Every place we play at, we go in first with no guns and look for security. Its kind of hard to find empty buildings to play that wouldn't be trespassing. If anyone knows of any, PLEASE let me know.Thanks

Offline KenCasper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 09:56:18 PM »
yes it is hard, but with a lil research it is possible to find out who owns any parcel of land anywhere, in Maricopa county I have acess to the assesors records and can let ya'll know. Thus allowing you to beg for permission from the owner. And hopefully avoid a run in with the law or a pissed owner that has had it with treaspassers (think boby traps, and armed property owner response ) not to mention the hazards of playing in potentally unsafe areas (ie toxic, or unstable)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KenCasper »
Sgt Kevin Widner
AKA \"Casper\"

\"The Harder you train the harder your enemy must train...all comes down to who gives up first!   Mike \"Colonel\" Potter

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2003, 10:10:35 PM »
Boondoscksaint, as others have pointed out, not only is it a VERY dumb and dangerous idea to play where you do, but it also puts the sport of airsoft in jeopardy for the rest of us.  Do us all a favor (and yourself) and put the airsoft away until you find someplace LEGAL and SAFE to play.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2003, 10:30:31 PM »
Roger that.  It only takes one incident to dump this sport in the can overnight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline Screwloose

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2003, 09:00:36 AM »
Man, once apon a time when I did not own my own house, or car, I would haveou who lrom you here.  I'll be "visiting" these boards as well during my own absence, and it'll be nice to know a few names.
Buena suerte, hermano.  Give 'em some desert for us!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Screwloose »
Some people hunt animals with bullets, We hunt people with plastic.
Desert Ghosts

• FNG
    • View Profile
Anyone wanna play airsoft?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 04:47:16 PM »
I'm looking for people that want to meet and play airsoft. Rifles and GGB's are welcome. We play outside and inside of buildings and houses being built. We play during the day and at night. I live in scottsdale and play alot. If you are intrested in playing write me a quick email and I will give you more information.Thanks

email:boondocksaint1983@yahoo.com.