Author Topic:  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 28, 2003, 10:01:01 AM »
He's probably unaware that it was shipped that way from the Hong Kong distributor, and not done by Airsoft Extreme.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline patdittman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 01:02:53 PM »
Honestly i dont know how to reply to your post Mr.Physician.Though you siad "I would not of completed the purchase with the pretense that this it was scarred".Maybe you should have done a little research before purchasing your weapon,cause i can say that most airsoft players know about trademarks and when they will not be on a gun.And i would love to see what they have to say to an email such as yours.Its probably not often that they get an email saying the Recipient was offended by the lack of trades.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by patdittman »
\"Fat people are harder to kidnap\"
(I would be hard to Kidnap)

Humiliation:Learn to do something well,then use it on an enemy.....Repeatedly!   Taste the rainbow,TAAASSSTE IIIT!  Roses are red,violets are blue,i shot him,and now ill shoot you.

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 03:26:27 PM »
Bad form Dr. Sullivan, you will not find a better more reputable retailer than Airsoft Extreme!  From My Experiences with AEX they are By Far the most knowledgable, most helpful and best stocked retailer in the United States!  AEX and staff love what they do and it shows!  As is evident by how many smaller games they play in, not just showing up to a big event and giving away prizes but playing too!  Bad form Sir!  By bashing them you are basically bashing the average airsofter who just loves to play the game!  Bad form indeed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raven1 »

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 03:39:46 PM »
Airsoft Extreme has one quality that outshines all of its many others, and that is communication.  If a concern is delivered to them in a respectable manner, thay will respond in kind and do so very promptly.  I doubt yours falls into the respectable category, but they will still likely have an explanation for you.  They are an outstanding company and do not deserve the words you've expressed about them.  If you have, as you threatened, posted this complaint on several other forums, I can only imagine what your responses will be for the next several weeks...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline patdittman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 04:12:02 PM »
Im glad the rest of you feel they way i do,i ws affraid to come down on him.But now....well i guess ill save it for his next post,asumeing he will post again now.

Humiliation:Learn to do something well,then use it on an enemy.....Repeatedly!   Taste the rainbow,TAAASSSTE IIIT!  Roses are red,violets are blue,i shot him,and now ill shoot you.

Offline Bruiser

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftextreme.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 05:00:35 PM »
Thanks to Raven1's headsup on this thread and thanks to the rest of you for helping to clarify the trademark issue.  Here is part of my response that maybe you guys might find helpful too.  

This method of removal of trademarks is the only one that US Customs will accept in order to comply with US Code Title 19 Section 1526 regarding trademark violations.  HK is a registered US trademark and Tokyo Marui does not license this for the US market.  Ever since 9/11/01, Customs has stepped up inspections and became stricter in enforcement as evidenced by multiple seizures that we and some other airsoft dealers have experienced in the past year.  If other dealers are importing with intact trademarks, they are in violation of US regulations and just haven't been caught yet.  We import in too large quantity to accept this risk.  You may contact your local US Customs office or the Dept of Commerce Office of Science and Technology in Washington DC to verify the information.  

I don't know if you guys know or not but we learned the hard way that puttying trademarks does not work with some of the savvier customs officers and is risky too now.  Now, even with full compliance, we still occasionally run into some issues.  There are some agents that seem to have a hard on against airsoft.

Hope to shoot, er, see some of you guys at OpLC2 and hope and pray it'll be a fun game and the dimwits keep low profiles.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bruiser »

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 10:29:37 PM »
Bruiser, there will be seven of us at LC2, so look us up there!  Good marks on the response.  As I said it would be, it was professional, polite, and fact filled.
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline ssulliva

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 06:55:47 PM »
To reply to all whom were kind enough to say a few words;  I wondered what kind of group I was writing to.  I knew, for the most part they were uneducated, beer drinking fouls who enjoyed hunting each other.  It was a shot in the dark to find a glimps of hope.  I now know I was wrong.  I collect these replicas, not play games with them, not like you would understand.  I have found nearlya-half dozen dealers who critis AE and have purchased weapons without TM erasure!!!!

Far well fouls of lost cause....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ssulliva »

Offline Wojo

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 07:07:19 PM »
Wow, your kind words are appreciated.  Ass.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Wojo »
Osama bin Laden... Proof that Hitler had sex with a camel.

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 07:43:30 PM »
I dare say that if you're a Doctor (which I doubt!) I wouldn't be seen by you. Before you come in and call a group of people uneducated I suggest you AT LEAST learn to spell first. (ex. criticize)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline patdittman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 07:44:19 PM »
LMAO,not as good of a response as i hoped,tho all your mis spelling and what not,make me beleive even more that your one of those kind of 14 year old boys who get on lesbian chat and like to TRY to make people think your smarter than them.But you failed this time.And i would love for you to post Everything you have on other dealer bad mouthing AE.And it better not be from YandP,if it is im going to hunt you down and shoot you in the foot with my MP5!TWICE!!!!

Offline Wojo

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2003, 08:11:50 PM »
Make it 3 times, for me.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Wojo »
Osama bin Laden... Proof that Hitler had sex with a camel.

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 08:55:50 PM »
I'd think then, that if you were so concerned about trademarks and such (being the *big collector* you are) that you would have enough common sense and foresight to e-mail the retailer asking about them BEFORE you bought from them.
What kind of *hope* were you hoping to get from US by posting your experience??  Did you think that somehow we could make your trademarks re-appear, or for AE to get a special illegal shipment to appease you?

In your exsquisite intelligence and soberness, did you ever bother to ask if you could return the AEG to AirsoftExtreme for a refund since it must be 100% ununsed (since you're a *collector* and not of the level of us *hunters*)?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline patdittman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2003, 09:13:22 PM »
jason,that was good.

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2003, 10:12:34 PM »
The biggest question is how you can call airsofters uneducated about the guns we use every day.  Education suggests research, and I assure you that had you done any level of research you would have encountered at least some mention of the laws governing the importation of airosft replicas.  These are not wall hangers.  They are airguns, and are governed by those applicable laws.  You failed to find supporters here because we are not your target audience.  You need to post your complaints on a site about knitting, or cooking, or throw rugs...you might then find people willing to believe your statements as they would truly know no better.
This brings to mind a great quote:  "And just what are you a doctor of, Dr. Venkman?"
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"