Author Topic: Multicam/ Crye Camo.  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Creeping Death

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »
yeah Miller's has a grip of Tru-Spec Multicam BDU's, I saw a bunch there two weeks ago.
theres two types- the regular BDU then the "tactical" type BDU's which are about $15 more expensive and have more pockets and stuff.

then ofcourse theres the REAL Crye Precision BDU's which sell for hundreds of dollars because they've been sold out for months.

both Tru-Spec and Propper uses genuine Crye material but only Crye Precision makes the real bad-ass BDU's with built-in knee and elbow pads and shit. its leaps and bounds above the Tru-Spec stuff thats made from generic patterns and its really only meant for real military use.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Creeping Death »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »
Quote from: "Creeping Death"
yeah Miller's has a grip of Tru-Spec Multicam BDU's, I saw a bunch there two weeks ago.
theres two types- the regular BDU then the "tactical" type BDU's which are about $15 more expensive and have more pockets and stuff.

then ofcourse theres the REAL Crye Precision BDU's which sell for hundreds of dollars because they've been sold out for months.

both Tru-Spec and Propper uses genuine Crye material but only Crye Precision makes the real bad-ass BDU's with built-in knee and elbow pads and s***. its leaps and bounds above the Tru-Spec stuff thats made from generic patterns and its really only meant for real military use.
yeah...but...this is...aisrsoft. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
that was my point.
as cool as the Crye stuff is your average airsofter will do just fine with the Tru-Spec stuff.

Offline pilz

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://AMSOG.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 11:19:25 PM »
I couldn't find any of the Crye in my size anywhere so I ordered the tru spec TRU ones off uscav, they should be in on the 31st. I got some MC name tapes and other items to even it out. Thank toy guys for the help I really apprecaite it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pilz »
No longer airsofts... what a shame.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:20 AM »

both Tru-Spec and Propper uses genuine Crye material but only Crye Precision makes the real bad-ass BDU's with built-in knee and elbow pads and s***. its leaps and bounds above the Tru-Spec stuff thats made from generic patterns and its really only meant for real military use.

The Tru-Spec MultiCam TRUs, which are the same style as ACUs, have a licensed Crye pattern in a ripstop material.  It is not generic.  

The Crye Field and Combat uniforms aren't better, just different.  Personal preference.

I'm not really limited by budget, but I bought the TRUs because I like the material and the uniform design better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 08:51:20 AM »
correct, both use genuine fabric but I've seen both and the build quality of the original Crye Precision stuff is a lot higher (which is why a pair of pants from Crye sells for about $300 and a pair of Tru-Specs for about $60).
The Tru-Spec stuff doesn't have as many reinforced seams and the fit and finish isn't as good either (couple loose threads here and there and overall "cardboardy" feel).
its really the difference between say Old Navy and Polo  8)
btw I'm going to be buying a set of the Tru-Spec stuff too pretty soon but if I was headed off to combat or something (and I was allowed to wear it) I'd get the original CP stuff.
probably the range vest/combat shirt combo (about $350 for the set, give or take a few dollars. and thats not even including the pants...):

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 10:46:35 AM »
correct, both use genuine fabric but I've seen both and the build quality of the original Crye Precision stuff is a lot higher (which is why a pair of pants from Crye sells for about $300 and a pair of Tru-Specs for about $60).

Eh... I don't agree.  I've had more problems with my Crye clothing than I have with any other piece of clothing I've ever owned.  Most of the problems with my stuff occured while washing them.  A lot of buttonholing falling apart, always getting many loose threads, popping stitches, and the like.  I have never had this happen with regular BDUs that cost 1/3 the price.  Having said that, Crye did replace my Field shirt and pants.

The high price of Crye products on eBay right now is, in my opinion, a result of slowing down or stopping of production as well as the asian airsofter/collector market.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 11:03:14 AM »
yeah you're probably right.
I've never washed a set of them so I didn't know about those problems.
its good to know tho, sounds like the CP stuff probably isn't worth the money.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
Hey Raith, are they SKD Tactical versions prone to the same problems or not?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »
Quote from: "deathbydanish"

I don't have any experience with the SKDTAC stuff.  PHXCobra has some, I think.  Perhaps he can expound upon that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:48 PM »
Quote from: "Raith"
Quote from: "deathbydanish"

I don't have any experience with the SKDTAC stuff.  PHXCobra has some, I think.  Perhaps he can expound upon that.

HI EVERYBODY! Just catching up.

Thought I'd drop in and say the SKD Tac bdu's aren't prone to problems like Crye. I've had problems with the Crye sets I had, but their customer service, (not order availability) was kick ass and they'd be happy to fix or replace some for you. Haha.. remember when I had TWO range vests and they never asked for one back?!

I'd order both and use the SKD's while you wait for Crye. The new Crye stuff looks really cool, I've seen a few pictures of it. Plus, it's not a crime to have a failsafe bdu set when the crye stitching comes undone since the SKD's are rock solid.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »
I also own a set of SKDs bdus and they are built and I've never had the problems that Raith described with his Crye set.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline djmtott

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 11:36:15 PM »
Quote from: "War savage"
There is a surplus store in Mesa, on Gilbert and Main. Southeast corner. Can't recall the name right now. But they called me to let me know they just got their multicam in a couple weeks ago. Don't know if it's Tru-Spec, Propper or what. Not even sure if it's the T.R.U. cut (Raid cut) or BDU cut. Do a google search for "surplus stores in Mesa".
Just went there today. They didn't have much, and it's the old BDU cut...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by djmtott »
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f****r in the valley!"

Offline djmtott

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 11:43:09 PM »
and it looks like uscav.com is out of the MC TRU shirts. I looked two days and there were MC items on the pull down, but today they're not there.

http://www.uscav.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10434
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by djmtott »
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f****r in the valley!"

Offline Elbows

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 06:57:31 AM »
I was going to say that shop off Gilbert/Main - if its the big yellow one, I saw some multicam in there, but didnt even look at it - I was so disgusted with the store, I was in a hurry to get out.  I have a set of Crye shirt, and a pair of combat pants from a canadian company - but have not worn them yet.

Will be interested to see how they perform...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Elbows »
Member, 1st N.C.