Author Topic: Teen airsofting  (Read 6986 times)

Offline morugatu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »
No, because I'd rather not play with most adults as I always feel out of place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by morugatu »
Name: Alex
Replicas: HFC USR 11 (PDI 240 setup), ICS L85A2 (sp120 setup), ICS Colt M4 (390fps), KJW 1911 Tactical, CA M14 (M120), and CYMA Mp5k (M120)

Offline Kilo11

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/Darklighterstheory
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
Quote from: "Trojan Horse"
And Poland you remind of the kind of kids who will change their attitude to who he/she is around, I think your just a fake.
Nosmo the reason why I said this is because, It's hard for people my age to find a group of airsofters who can take it seriusly rather than as I said before, "unorganized grabasstic peices of amphibian s***".

Dude by running your mouth like that your only further proving they are right. You don't come onto a forum and start offending the general population of the board. Yes Ive played with GA, because they were close, they have alot of good people who want to do interesting things with airsoft, however it isnt the same as the AA Games. If the GA went out to a game they'd get murdered, because they don't have the Kit that people who have full time jobs do. The GA posts their games here, no problem, However don't you think that if some of the AA Members wanted to play they would of contacted you or they would of shown up? Go to your high school or go to your middle school and just stand their and look, a good 8 times out of 10 your going to find someone doing something stupid, so the AA asks themselves, Do i wanna trust that teenager with a Airsoft gun, that if used wrong or used in a manner other than in what its intended to be used can injure me? Guess what the AA has run in's with teenagers im sure that that rule was created because they had some bad experiences with teenagers at their games. So stop being an ass, because guess what? Acting stupid like this only further proves that they are doing the right thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kilo11 »
Quote from: \"Pheonix 797\"

Anywho, good luck and remember Airsoft is about safety and integrity. If you make us look bad we hunt you  \":lol:\"

1st Squad, Marines, Allied Forces, Op Bulldog II

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »
My feeling is generally that minors lack the maturity and character to participate in the kind of airsoft I do.  

Besides, they can't go drinking with the Wardogs after the game!  

But I said generally and there are noted exceptions.  I have vouched for several minors at the national ops because they EARNED it, and they left with more respect than they came with.

I would not vouch for someone unless and until they demonstrated to me they should be vouched for - and it has nothing to do with playing skill, legit kit or weapon quality.

Although there are legal issues when minors play in ANY sport, there are ways to limit tort liability which I have discussed ad naseum so I wont.  But most people who THINK they know the law about waiver and liability dont know shit.  Just my humble legal opinion and I'm not talking about the long timers around this forum either.  

So I voted no.  But there are several minors I would bring along to any game anytime and be happy to stand up for them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »
Quote from: "Trojan Horse"
And Poland you remind of the kind of kids who will change their attitude to who he/she is around, I think your just a fake.

http://gilbertairsoftorginization.freef ... /index.php
this is the group I currently go with. Most of them are serius and it's really fun! But I'd also like to go to a game with more than 7 on 7.

Don't talk **** about people you don't know.  Poland is genuine, so watch it.  Now then, I voted no, cause I wouldn't invite some 25-30 year olds over to hang out.  Same thing, airsoft is a somewhat social thing for me, and I wouldn't do it with people I don't know and don't wish to know.  Besides, they probably hate me anyways.  If you are happy with Gilbert Airsoft Org, than stick with it.  If you want a game bigger than 7 on 7, make some more friends.  If you play with older people, a line will instantly be drawn.  And for the record, Echo 1 guns are not "serius".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Morgann0 »
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
Oh H3LL no....
If your mom or dad saw what I carried on the field most games and understood what it was, they wouldnt let you play, waiver or not.
I am not big on lawsuits. Waivers are only as good as your lawyer and I cannot afford a good one.
Besides, at 33 years old I dont hang out with kids under 18, other than my own. Not interested at all in starting anytime soon.
Nothing personal. 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 08:06:44 PM »
i voted no. for my reasons, click on the little #1 on the bottom corner of the page, and start reading
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »
You're making such a big deal out of nothing.  Yeah, I was 15 when I started and guess what?  I couldn't play at AA games, either.  The rules apply to all of us.  I played back yard games with my friends, we did all the really stupid things that every 15yo thinks will be cool, and we learned through experience what to do and what not to do with an airsoft gun.

And then guess what happened?  Time passed, like it has a tendency to do, and I turned 18.  I was able to go to some bigger games, attend Lion Claws (which rocked, thanks everyone for making it a great game) and now I'm planning on going to Bulldog.  It sucks a little bit when you're reading about all the big games going on and you can't go, but I think it worked out well.  It forces you to mature on your own so that by the time you start going to AA games, you've learned how to act.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline Trojan Horse

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/BMXrace527
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 08:37:17 PM »
Ok, well I thought it was worth a try. By the way, I dont have an echo 1...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Trojan Horse »

Offline Charfizcool

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »
yeah I voted yes but I'd change my vote to no if I could. Cause a lot peoples points make sense; I wouldn't want to hang out with some 25-30 year old...talk about akward  :shock:   but as far as the maturity level thing I'd say it depends on the person. A lot of teenagers are immature but like 20%-35% are mature.

oh H3LL no...
 If your mom or dad saw what I carried on the field most games and understood what it was, they wouldnt let you play, waiver or not

I laughed out loud (don't really know if that's any better) :lol:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:34:01 PM by Charfizcool »

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 11:06:49 PM »
Quote from: "Charfizcool"

I lol'd :lol:

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 05:08:21 AM »
I don't like playing with kids becuase I don't like shooting them in the face.

...Wait. Yes I do.

I don't like playing with kids becuase from what I've seen, they are more likely to cheat. Also, half the fun of going to games is hanging out with the guys you play with afterwards, and well, hanging out with kids(teens, whatever) is lame.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 01:24:54 AM »
Personally, I don't think that being 18 suddenly means that you are mature enough to play.  Granted, it is the age at which people start to act more adult and mature, but age isn't everything.  I know some 20 year olds that do stupider shit than pilz.  But the AA rules are fine with me.  I'm on another team, so I don't worry about it, although I want to go to another AA game to see how all the older people play now.  (I've only been to one AA game, and that was ~2 years ago.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.

Offline noVtecHERE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/noVtecHERE
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 02:29:19 AM »
^^^^ correct, i see everyones perspective, and i'm happy to play at AA games when i get a chance, i am working on getting the rest of my attire together so i can fit the part... again, i hear what all of you are saying but cant make a decision, because since i'm caught in the middle i cant choose, crappy i know...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by noVtecHERE »
AMSOG`s very own noVtec....

Offline capt eagles

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Teen airsofting
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 06:25:26 AM »
I said yes! Stop f**king around and let us play. Im sick of restractions and crap like that. Iwant to play with adults too. If they don't want it that way, how r they going to think when airsoft is doomed and no one plays it anymore. Because they wouldent let us play.....  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by capt eagles »
Lengends may sleep...
...But They Never Die

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Teen airsofting
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 07:19:47 AM »
Quote from: "capt eagles"
I said yes! Stop f**king around and let us play. Im sick of restractions and crap like that. Iwant to play with adults too. If they don't want it that way, how r they going to think when airsoft is doomed and no one plays it anymore. Because they wouldent let us play.....  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x

You don't have to be under 18 to start playing airsoft.

There's no shortage of adults from which to draw from.

Airsoft is just fine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu