Author Topic: OPERATION BALKAN HAMMER - Oct 26-28th 2007 - Camp Navajo, AZ  (Read 22973 times)

Offline museumofmilitaryhistory

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »
Ft. Stewart, GA... and Hinesville......I'm sure you can't wait to get back here. For helicopter schools I would suggest Quantum Helicopters at the Chandler Airport. There are others such as Silver State, AIR-X and a few others but do your research on the schools. I hope you can use your GI BIll. I should have my Helicopter License any time now. My flights are finished, I just need to get my ground school tests finished then I'm good to go.

As far as The Hind, we do get a little on the eccentric side with our military equipment but it really is to help promote the Museum and hopefully generate public interest into donating for the project.

I hope to see you up at Camp Navajo for the event.

Chad
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:35:07 PM by museumofmilitaryhistory »

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »
Quote from: "museumofmilitaryhistory"
Ryan, you better watch out. I'll be done with Helicopter flight school by the end of August here and I will hunt you down with the Hind. Even worse, Chris is gonna be the gunner. We have to figure out how we can mount that airsoft mini-gun in the nose turret. Ryan vs. MI-24 Hind D in an airsoft event...this will be interesting. We're gonna have our guys on the ground tie a smoke grenade to your back, tie your arms down and have you run around so we can find you. Then Chris is going to let you have it with the mini gun. I do not expect your team mates to provide you with much help when the Hind comes calling for you.....Anyway, we are looking forward to making your life difficult Ryan.

Chad

This just isn't the same when it's typed, the presentation is always much better in person :P

I'll be looking forward to the challenge, Think Rambo III  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Teamphantom.net/forums
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
Ft. Stewert, GA... and Hinesville......I'm sure you can't wait to get back here. For helicopter schools I would suggest Quantum Helicopters at the Chandler Airport. There are others such as Silver State, AIR-X and a few others but do your research on the schools. I hope you can use your GI BIll. I should have my Helicopter License any time now. My flights are finished, I just need to get my ground school tests finished then I'm good to go.

As far as The Hind, we do get a little on the eccentric side with our military equipment but it really is to help promote the Museum and hopefully generate public interest into donating for the project.

I hope to see you up at Camp Navajo for the event.

Chad

This place sucks.. Being in  the new WTB they have here has gone utterly psychotic. we have Barracks inspections every damn day by our CSM. No to mention we have to call in at 0530 and then go check in at the company by 0730 and then have a formation at 0930..  On top our monthly town hall meetings nothing gets addressed and if anyone grows the balls to say anything they loose rank because they think this place is run so damn well.  On top of all this my platoon SGT is a total dipshit. As for hinesville F**K Hinesville and their police. LOL   I can't wait to get out. Yea The school is run by a close family friend so . And I will be able to use my GI bill thank god. Though that will only take care of so much.

Elliot
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilverLogic »
If your going down give them hell before you do.
\"Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student.
At least they can find Afghanistan

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
Ryan, you better watch out. I'll be done with Helicopter flight school by the end of August here and I will hunt you down with the Hind. Even worse, Chris is gonna be the gunner. We have to figure out how we can mount that airsoft mini-gun in the nose turret. Ryan vs. MI-24 Hind D in an airsoft event...this will be interesting. We're gonna have our guys on the ground tie a smoke grenade to your back, tie your arms down and have you run around so we can find you. Then Chris is going to let you have it with the mini gun. I do not expect your team mates to provide you with much help when the Hind comes calling for you.....Anyway, we are looking forward to making your life difficult Ryan.

Chad

This just isn't the same when it's typed, the presentation is always much better in person :P

I'll be looking forward to the challenge, Think Rambo III  :lol:

Don't let the concept of rotor wash rain on your parade.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 07:05:19 PM »
Oh, you know Niel Jones then. He does run a tight crew. His instrucotrs are pulling some long hours and flying those R-22's get's to be a problem when you are 6'2", I'm looking forward to the flying the MI-24 but I think I should stick somewhat with the topic of the event. Oh, I can't even do that until I answer Ryan, then we can get back to business.

Ryan, oh yea, Rambo III, hollywood...I wonder how that will work for you in real life against the Hind. No, on second thought, I don't wonder at all, I'm sure how it will end but I am curious to hear your imagination.

Elliot, back to the event, I hope you can make it out. This battle will go to the commander who best understands his units and the terrain and I know this event will one incredible fight for everyone.

Chad

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by museumofmilitaryhistory »

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »
Hollywood!  I'm not the one who started the special effects with the whole airsoft mini-gun on a helo idea. I was just continuing off on your hollywood script that you so imaginatively created for yourself.  Maybe that whole movie making business has finally gone to your head.  We will have to continue this fiction at the OP :P

By the way this OP should be good  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:25 PM »
Chad,
Yea I do know him.

I can't wait to come to this one . I only hope my MEB allows me to be out of the Army by then. It should be.. If not I am going to take leave just for that damn event :).

I will be sending in my 160 here soon enough I think sept 15th ill send it..reasons because I will know by then my termination date.

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Blank Fire Weapons, Barracks Essentials
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 08:48:43 AM »
There will be a limited number of blank fire weapons in use at this event to create a more realistic battlefield. These weapons will be used by authorized staff members only. We will just have to use the honor system for taking hits from these weapons. It's real simple, if you are caught in their line of sight at normal engagement ranges for airsoft weapons then simply take your hit and use the "hit" rules at that point. These situations will be limited so I don't see any large scale problems. Just don't be rediculous...if a machine gun is blasting away at you from close range then yes...just take the hit.

Any Questions?

Barracks

1.) You need to bring your sleeping bag/ blankets, towels, lock for the wall locker and your bathroom essentials.

2.) The barracks are NOT COED. Our female participants will have a barracks assigned to them. This is an Army rule, not ours so there is nothing to debate about this subject.

Chad

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
Hey Chad,

I have dealt with blanks.. My main question is please tell me the weapons that are in use with blanks have BLANK ADAPTERS .  I know this is a stupid question, but still.

main reason is a friend of mine when using a weapon loaded with blanks still managed to burn his buddy severely.

It's SOP for us at a OPFOR to have them.   Sorry I had to ask..

I have had enough experience with real weapons being pointed at me and shot ..  This just seems a little unnerving to me.

Offline stoneaglewolf

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tacticalmilsim.com
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »
Completely understand and yes, we use blank adapters.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by stoneaglewolf »
-Stone

http://www.TacticalMilSim.com
  Honor the Fallen SPC Marc A. Anderson 1/75th Ranger KIA 3/8/02, AF

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »
The only weapons that would not use a blank adapter would be bolt-action rifles for obvious reasons. We are using machine-guns and semi-auto's which of course require a blank adapter to allow for the proper amount of pressure to build to operate the system since there is no bullet to build pressure against.

Chad

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »
Thanks..

I just wanted to have that cleared up.

Should be a fun fight.

Hey do we need to stay in the barracks up there?  Can we camp out somewhere instead?  I really um... Don't want to be reminded of my days in barracks lol.

Offline Sergeant First Class Keenan

• Sergeant Major
  • AZ Army National Guard - "Protecting What Matters"
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Army National Guard
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 08:11:46 PM »
it sucks that i can't make it, but i'm sure my girl would be reallly upset if i wasn't in new jersey with her getting married!!

The BEQ's up at navajo are pretty nice though, I've been there a couple times. In fact I'll be up there for the sep drill.

Oh and just make sure they have the yellow BFA's for the M-4's they tighten the right way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Malicious Ind »
Sergeant First Class Keenan
Marketing & Advertising Manager
AZ Army National Guard
Cell: (602) 377-6322

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 09:34:25 AM »
We use internal Blank Adapters for authenticity. The M-16/ M-4 variants it turns out are some of the easiest firearms to blank adapt. The MG-42 has been a little more difficult at times but I'm working on it.

Chad

Offline stoneaglewolf

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tacticalmilsim.com
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »
Sorry, your stuck in the barracks, lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by stoneaglewolf »
-Stone