Author Topic:  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: June 11, 2003, 06:53:47 AM »
The easiest way would be to pin the receiver so the selector can't go to the full auto postion.  Otherwise it's a bit more complicated to modify the gear box to convert it to semi only.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline Bladerunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 09:49:31 AM »
OK. Thanks. But do you think that will be acceptable for an AA game?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bladerunner »

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 10:22:47 AM »
We haven't come across this before, but I think that in order for an AEG to use sniper velocities, it needs to be permanently converted to semi-auto only.  To do so would require modifying a couple parts in the gearbox (not too difficult).

Maybe I don't understand what John stated (maybe you can clarify), but I think it has to be a permanent modification made - not something that can be removed and then made to fire full auto.  Last thing we need is for something to "fall out" or "bend" or what-have-you and "accidentally" have a 500 FPS full-auto gun shooting in a game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Bladerunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 11:36:46 AM »
Yea. The pin idea I understand but it might fall out or break the way I'd install it. But I also have a few mods on my gun that will make it very difficult to take apart the gun and then the gearbox. I think he meant that I take a pin (made of metal), I'm not sure what kind though, and then hammer it into the side of the gun to prevent the selector from rotating down to the full auto position. This is definitely easy enough and I think it would work fine, but is there a possibilty of damaging something inside the gun when I hammer the pin in? If this doesn't work out though, what do I have to do to modify the gearbox? So far I've done everything to my gun EXCEPT touch the gearbox.(I don't really know my way around the internals of it) Oh yea, this gun isn't even close to the 500 FPS limit. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even reach the 400 FPS mark.

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 12:33:38 PM »
If it's firing at 399 FPS or under, you're fine and don't need to modify anything.  Any paintball shop would have a chronograph for you to make sure.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 05:58:52 PM »
see if u can modify it between shootin semi only and semi and fully auto, so it could possibly be used as a support weapon or sniper rifle if you join our team!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline Bladerunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 03:57:39 PM »
well, I'm happy to announce that the pin idea worked. I substituted the pin with a small nail used for hanging pictures on walls and hammered it in to the side of my gun just under the semi-auto position. to make sure the nail would stay put, I used a special "glue" that when mixed together will never come apart. That nail ain't comin out, I've already tried to take it out but its impossible. Unless I used a saw to cut the nail. which wont happen. Thanks for the idea Harley.

Offline Bladerunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
G3A3 sniper rifle
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 11:29:39 PM »
OK. So I own an upgraded TM G3A3. Supposedly to 400 FPS. I put a TN PSG-1 barrel into it. Stuck a scope on top of it. I'm also looking for some cheap PSG-1 mags so that it's easier to use when sniping. I figure so far that it's a decent electric sniper rifle. I don't want to show up and find that I can't play because it shoots too hard and that it's full- auto. What do I have to do to make it ONLY semi-auto so that I can play with it at an AA game. Thanks.