Author Topic:  (Read 1377 times)

Offline azsarge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: July 13, 2003, 11:22:09 AM »
Sounds cool, but you are right on as far as the drive goes.  No way I would drive 4 hours (??) to play for a few, then pack up, tired, and leave.  But the land definitely sounds exellent!  We could get some large-scale action there!  Insert here, hump it 1/2 mile to there, ambush convoy, 1 mile more that way, and assault that house to rescue so and so.  That would be cool!  Multiple objectives is the way to go!  Its better than playing one objective, then going back to base camp for another briefing.  We could totally split up into teams, and stay that way the whole time.  We could have vehicles pick up wounded or dead at pre-planned points to haul them to reinsertion point (if the terrain permits it).  I am getting way too excited here, so I am done for now.

X
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Bladerunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »
That would be the ultimate game! Not only having multiple objectives and miles to move around in, but think about having to avoid patrols or at least other squads and snipers in the middle of fields. Sounds awesome for a weekend op.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bladerunner »

Offline SHIFTY1944

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 02:30:06 PM »
I have a couple suggestions.How about the outdoor halloween park SCREAM at mcdowell road and 101 in scottsdale.also I've mentioned somewhere before,the rennaissance fairgrounds in apache junction. Both are outdoors,but its getting to be that time of year again.They only use these places once a year...just sitting there empty the rest off the year.If this sounds good to anyone,lets get it arranged for fall/winter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SHIFTY1944 »

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:46:11 PM »
Maybe we could possibly host a large game with players from New Mexico, Colorado, California, etc. 11 Acres is BIG! Like azsarge said, we should make it a weekend game. Maybe play into the night through morning, having to watch out for ambushes or something. What sort of buildings are there? Im thinking a SEAL team is 'inserted' a few miles away from one of the objectives (clear out the 'terrorist training camp', rescue a hostage) and once they have completed that objective, they move to the extraction or to another objective such as re-enforcements are headed to the base, and you have to either avoid them or take them out? Lots of posibilitys!

EDIT: I accedentially thought it was 11 acres, but its actually 11 miles from Duncan. Sorry!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 03:36:42 PM »
HavHav,
 First of all, nobody said it was 11 acres. Second, I have 2 1/2 acres, and all of my neighbors do, so if I just pretend there aren't any fences between me and my three surrounding neighbors (I'm the bottom left corner), I can see 11 acres...and it isn't that big. It would be a pretty small playing field if it was only 11 acres.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Wolf »
Cover your six

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 03:48:33 PM »
let's not jump the gun guys!  We should find out if we can get the land before the scenarios are planned.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Screwloose

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Game locations
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 01:04:37 AM »
Don't know how you would all feel about this, but here is a thought. My girlfriends family owns some land down approx. 11 miles east of Duncan. Type in Duncan AZ in Mapquest youll find it. It is almost on the border between AZ & New Mexico, not Old Mexico. Anyways I am not even sure if they would agree to letting us do a game there, but it is wide open plans, mountains, old buildings, ditches,  and such. Of course it is hot down there this time of year so it would have to be a winter game. Let me know if you guys think it is worth the effort to look into it. For that drive it would probably have to be a weekend event. I dont think anyone would want to drive that far for 1 day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Screwloose »
Some people hunt animals with bullets, We hunt people with plastic.
Desert Ghosts