Author Topic: Anyone who has played with The Strikers.  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Winterwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Anyone who has played with The Strikers.
« on: January 13, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »
To anyone who has ever played with or against the strikers or gone to visit Airsoft Ohio, you might know of Punisher or Blade, the two French Canadian guys who are at the head of all of them.
We are all shocked to hear- http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Dato=20080113&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=301130017&Ref=AR

I'm left stunned and speechless and I wish everyone well in this time of trouble.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Winterwolf »
I love the smell of green gas in the morning.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:08:38 PM »
WOW, I seen Punisher(The guy in the pic) at every BIG Event.

Sad ,

:cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 11:23:38 PM »
I'm truly at a loss for words. :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 02:14:59 AM »
He hadn't been at the last few national OPs and it was feeling like Blade was in charge. Maybe there was more there.

I liked Blade, Snake Eyes, Hardlock, and Krayzie. I thought Punisher was weird.

The innocent victims are in my thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Almightymints

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:04:29 AM »
Wow, I wonder what cause him to do that.

That is some pretty screwed up stuf...

I feel bad for the family  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Almightymints »

Offline Bullseye

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:43:05 AM »
Quote from: "Almightymints"

Don't jump to conclusions. Both Mike and his wife suffered stab wounds (Unless the wife and he engaged in a knife fight...), so it's within Reasonable Doubt that this may have been a home invasion.  Although he was charged, that's a far cry from a conviction.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bullseye »
Field Cmdr, Fatal Exception

He who dies with the most toys...
... is still dead. http://www.tucsoncoalition.com http://www.teamfe0.com

Offline blade

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://www.combatdepot.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50:29 AM »
As a collective, we have been shocked and saddened by the sudden and unexpected turn of events. We don't have details, but we would like to remind people that the news reporters don't have any more information than we do. We would urge everyone to please not make harsh judgments, and to take what they may be reading over the coming days with some much needed skepticism and critical thinking. The media has a horrible track record of taking advantage of an absence of facts during a tragedy to drag peoples names through the mud for the sake of sensationalism and better ratings. Many times, they have been wrong.
There are so many unanswered questions right now, and the investigation is ongoing. As a team, we have turned inward for the time being, and are working on trying to support each other right now. This fell heavily on us. This team has become a second family for all of us. Each member is a brother or sister, and their spouses and children become like family to us. We have been there for each other through magnificent highs, and desperate lows. We have carried each other throughout. This just happens to be another of those defining moments in peoples lives. We choose to stand together. We choose to continue on. We choose to stay strong. And we will do it together.

In the interests of supporting each other and not feeding anything else to a rabid media that would seek to hang a man before the police even get a chance to investigate properly, we have closed our contact info and sections of our website. Members of our team have already begun receiving calls from media sources. They are all trying to get their story, whatever the cost may be. And we are not prepared to pay their cost. The strikers will be presenting a unified front until such time as true information comes out. Then and only then will we make our decisions. We don't convict without trial. We don't demonize without ability to speak in defense of self. And we won't let our words help the media do this to one of our own.

Team Strikers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by blade »

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »
Bullseye,

Let me by preface this by saying I have never met the guy and have no idea what kind of person he was.  For all I know, he may have been a great guy.  That said, something jumps out at me....

He and the wife had multiple stab wounds which (to me) suggests that it wasn't something done quickly; meaning they were struggling.  If the alleged intruders goal was simply to kill them both while they were sleeping that doesn't seem like it would be hard to do.  To be able to stab somebody multiple times while they where sleeping without out killing them seems like a blunder of massive proportions.  So, if there was a struggle (which seems logical), should not one of them been able to shout a warning to the others?  The fact that all the kids died in the fire seems to suggest they were sleeping.  I would think that if you (or your significant other) were being brutally stabbed by an intruder you would be screaming for your lives.  It seems reasonable that would wake up the kids.  Admittedly it looked like a good size house,  but I know in my house you could hear somebody screaming from anywhere in the home.  That seems like it would certainly cause the kids to see what was happening.

It also seems odd that he managed to get out the window but couldn't do anything to save his kids.  I would think that as a parent it would be rather difficult to knowingly just leave your kids to die.

It's also not unheard of for the assailant to wound himself to appear innocent.

This is just speculation, but it struck me as a little odd.  I'm sorry if the speculation seems insensitive but when I read about those sorts of things   the scenario keeps running through my head.  That said my prayers go to all those effected by this, it was a tragedy either way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline Nil8r

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »
Geez Andrew, watch CSI much? lol ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline Altered_Soul

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »
Xavier, I hate to bring this all up but...

We are not the police.  We have a news report to go on, and as Blade asks us to realize, that is ALL we have to go on.  The media is failing to give doubt of mind to the incident clearly, even if they have no evidence to back themselves up.

That said, your analysis of a media's relation of a crime is merely one slice of objective pie.  Home invaders are not commonly trained killers.  They are petty thieves and addicts.  They don't go into a house with people in it with clear foresight.  What they end up doing instead of robbing a house when they find people inside completely changes.

I saw this personally as one of my neighbors from where I moved from (Cheshire, CT), had their house invaded, two daughters raped and burned alive, mother killed, and father beaten and left for dead before the two criminals (both only with priors in minor theft), burned the house to the ground, stole their car, and tried to kill responding police officers.  It was a mess, and people pointed a finger at the surviving father, who jumped out of a second story window barely clinging to life after watching his whole family raped and murdered, even as the police had arrested the two trying to ram and kill the police officers.  

The media had tried to turn the story immediately into the flavor of the year: Normal father kills family.  And they were more than wrong.  Most of us held our judgement until the actual news came out.  

Does this mean he is innocent?  Of course not, but the similarities of media response are all too painfully clear.

I have to side with Blade here and ask that we pay respect to the due process of the law, not the speculation of the media.  We can play CSI all day, but in the end we are just satiating our own desire to speculate on a tragedy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Altered_Soul »
RED 2
Red Dagger I
Balkan Hammer II

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
Sadly, I haven't seen any of the CSI's.  I don't really watch TV.  Like I said, I just got stuck thinking about it and something didn't add up to me.  Sorry, I just have too much free time at work.  I certainly hope he is innocent (and proved so), it just seemed like something wasn't adding up to me.

Hopefully, it was just a case of the media not having all of the info.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline searscr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
I do not know this guy, but I do know the media.  If nine years in the fire service has taught me anything, it is that the "news media" rarely gets a story correct.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by searscr »
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Offline Almightymints

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
Quote from: "Bullseye"
Quote from: "Almightymints"

Don't jump to conclusions. Both Mike and his wife suffered stab wounds (Unless the wife and he engaged in a knife fight...), so it's within Reasonable Doubt that this may have been a home invasion.  Although he was charged, that's a far cry from a conviction.

Whoops I just reread the article. I totally missed that part lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Almightymints »

Offline djmtott

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by djmtott »
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f****r in the valley!"

Offline Atrus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dauntlessforums.com
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »
This is a real shame to hear.. A sad thing for the airsoft community and for the family. As per judgements, I'll do what I always do.. I'll wait for the evidence to point one way or another.

I refuse to believe that a man who lies stabbed in the hospital stabbed his wife to death and then set his house on fire with his children still in it.. It doesn't make it impossible, but that would not say much for mankind.

Good luck to Mr. Veilette. He and his family will be in my prayers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Atrus »
The following text is a placeholder for a meaningful signature. The previous text serves the same purpose.