Author Topic: The need for more games.  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Firehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: The need for more games.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »
Quote from: "Meldorian07"
...two to three times a month many of us hardcore Airsofters would be pleased

... not everyone has the money to go to a $150 game...

Hardcore airsofters do.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Meldorian07

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 07:50:24 AM »
Thank for the responses, Normally I play with a team. Has anyone seen or heard of fields that maybe be hold an all day game on saturdays. I want input not an arguement, ideas, plans and or just thoughts.  :twisted:

Offline loudogwenttothemoon

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »
Like somebody mentioned earlier rebel union is free but thats almost all nighttime games now..As far a s all day sunday games it's getting to the point where its going to be too hot...I wish I could play everyday too so i hope people give you some constructive points anything in the central Phoenix area is a long shot but thats right up my alley
If you read this enough times it will eventually say something relevent.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 08:04:03 AM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
...two to three times a month many of us hardcore Airsofters would be pleased

... not everyone has the money to go to a $150 game...

Hardcore airsofters do.  :roll:

Thank you, I figured I wasn't the only one who thought this guy's posting was fishy.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
is it just me or do alot of these "high ranking" guys take the sport a bit too seriously? I'm with Meldorian07, the 150 dollar games look awesome but most people do have lives outside of thier favorite sports that they need money for. And it really discourages new guys on this site when the guys that have been here the longest are the ones that shoot down every idea that the newbies come up with. Ill admit that there are some stupid kids on here that need to actually go to some of the games before they start shooting stupid ideas out on the forum. But for the most part alot of the new guys on here just want to findout about the sport.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
We we take the sport much less seriously than most novices. We are willing to pay $150 for national events because we enjoy meeting other airsofters from around the US and like the size and scope of the game play.
AA is not forcing anyone to pay anything for any game. Big events come and go, but free local games happen all the time. The summer is tough for airsofting because we have to travel to evade the heat.

If you want more games, figure out a scenario, place, date and time and host it on your own, nobody is stopping you.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »
Yeah I completly understand that, its just when people actually create a post asking if there are any good fields around places to game etc. and then they get criticized for it, and thier lack of funds to go to the big games is when it starts to bother me.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:46:02 PM »
Quote from: "Rogue Fox"
Yeah I completly understand that, its just when people actually create a post asking if there are any good fields around places to game etc. and then they get criticized for it, and thier lack of funds to go to the big games is when it starts to bother me.

Its the way he was asking that was bad, and all the borderline response and contradictory statements. Also, I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember reading this a while back, and the origional paragraph was much different, more demanding and less asking. Either way, I operated fine for years finding and going to games cheap, and having fun. Many times people ask this kind of stuff because they are unwilling to put in the effort to find stuff themselves, I think thats what people find the most irratating. Lastly, cost is always a factor, and though Meldorian7, could have a point, he was being ignorant and non-thinking when he replied to price comments like a Jerk.  And for the love of god, USE the SEARCH bar, and avoid this happening at all, games listings are all over the forum. .02$
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »
so is it on and is it legal?
"Dude! Your ride is sick as fuck!"

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
Quote from: "Polie"
so is it on and is it legal?

What??

As to being rude about questions, it is mostly because most of us have been on here for years and can recall all the dumb questions noobs have asked. If there were fields they would be easier to find information about them. There are no fields unless you count the occasional paintball field letting us use it for a day or the MTT which isn't really open to the public. People have debated having a field but it never happens, mostly because it dosen't make  sense to have one. And if we did have one young guys would whine about the gouging prices and we would be back here debating where to go to play. AA is all about bringing people together to discuss the sport and arrange free games.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Major Buttnuts

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »
The truth of the matter is, us older guys don't want to waste time on a small game when we might only have one saturday to give to airsoft a month.  The only time a game is worth my time is when Mikey puts on his hard bean games.  Lately, there have been a lack of quality saturday games.  I completley understand that Mikey doesn't always have the time to do these local games, but just some random dude putting on a game is going to be a low turn out.  

Point being, the last game Mikey put on some 70 plus people showed.
RED2 - outnumbered but never outgunned

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Teamphantom.net/forums
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »
There is no shortage of games. Just Many of our teams practice on their own fields.

That and LC being this last weekend.
If your going down give them hell before you do.
\"Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student.
At least they can find Afghanistan

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »
Quote from: "Rogue Fox"
is it just me or do alot of these "high ranking" guys take the sport a bit too seriously? I'm with Meldorian07, the 150 dollar games look awesome but most people do have lives outside of thier favorite sports that they need money for. And it really discourages new guys on this site when the guys that have been here the longest are the ones that shoot down every idea that the newbies come up with. Ill admit that there are some stupid kids on here that need to actually go to some of the games before they start shooting stupid ideas out on the forum. But for the most part alot of the new guys on here just want to findout about the sport.

When I invest a lot of my time and resources into something I am not going to take it lightly. With regards to n00bs and their ideas, I say this, look at the board's history, I actually took one afternoon to scroll through pages of old threads. I've seen the "high ranking" guys when they were n00bs, and guess what, they already came up with various ideas/solutions to the questions/problems that today's n00bs keep asking. Now what I'm going to say next is probably going to be seen as harsh, but I think it needs to be said. The burden of proving worth is on the n00bs, not the regulars, I know it doesn't sound fair, but it should weed out the one timers, those who aren't going to stick around for long.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Pandemonium

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »
Airsoft requires a decent amount of money and commitment. Hardcore airsofters view these games as fun and opportunities to meet others that enjoy this sport and they are so committed to it they dont mind spending some money on it. A person wont take the sport lightly if they put a lot of effort into it and they do a lot of things that revolve around it. Also its not like all the hardcore airsofters dont have a real life to, they just love the game and commit themselves to it. On another note, just round some friends and create some scenarios, it cant be that hard to do. There are plenty of opportunities for games you just got to find them or create them....