Author Topic: BALKAN HAMMER II - November 7th-9th, 2008  (Read 15334 times)

Offline Nitro1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: BALKAN HAMMER II - November 7th-9th, 2008
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »
From; http://www.airsoftchallenge.com/red_dagger/enlist.php

Quote,"Attendees must be at least 18 years of age unless sponsored by someone over 18. Any sponsored player must play on the same squad as the sponsor."

As I see it, my 14 year old son can play as long as I play on the same team...  

Quote from: "Altered_Soul"
Quote from: "Hendrix2247"
Alright, I know the age rules, but I have a question: Would a MATURE 14-year old with his father playing meet a lot of criticism?

Just so you know, the 18+ and associated rules has nothing to do with criticism of age.  It has everything to do with liability, legality, and responsibility.  

That said I believe the set in stone rule is 18+, with 16+ being allowed if vouched for by a reliable source.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry to be the spoiler of hope, but I am quite sure if these OPs are successful (and they certainly have been from my perspective), then you should expect to see them continue until you are 16 with a potential vouch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Deal With It...

Offline Hendrix2247

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12:44 PM »
Quote from: "Nitro1"

Quote,"Attendees must be at least 18 years of age unless sponsored by someone over 18. Any sponsored player must play on the same squad as the sponsor."

That's what I thought. I was wondering how other players view a younger one like me?

And when he gets to heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
Another soldier reporting sir,
I\'ve spent my time in hell

Offline Nitro1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »
My son and I played the last BAS game and as far as I know, no one said a thing negative about him playing. KOBO allowed him to play as long as we followed the rules he set. The rules of him playing were... We played on the same team. We had to stay within sight and talking distance of each other. If one of us got hit we both had to go respawn together. It worked out well and we both had a great time.  Heck, he even got a pistol kill when his M4 went down!

That's what I thought. I was wondering how other players view a younger one like me?
Deal With It...

Offline Hendrix2247

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »
My son and I played the last BAS game and as far as I know, no one said a thing negative about him playing. KOBO allowed him to play as long as we followed the rules he set. The rules of him playing were... We played on the same team. We had to stay within sight and talking distance of each other. If one of us got hit we both had to go respawn together. It worked out well and we both had a great time.  Heck, he even got a pistol kill when his M4 went down!

Okay, then I might go. Just need to finish convincing my father :mrgreen:

Offline Altered_Soul

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2008, 09:37:44 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Nitro1.

As for how we view younger players, its really about in-Op character, not what character we hear about on the boards.  If in game you show the proper respect for a MilSim operation (and the Combat Challenge OPs are very strict MilSim), and act above your age and respect the (sometimes very foolish) "orders" of the vets, you will have no problems.  

Most, if not all, of the players will know you, and the image associated with minors might start you off in the red, but be a team player, listen more than you talk, and do what your squad leader says, even if your ego might get hurt if you get wiped, and you will get along just fine.  Having a little understanding of what it is to be in a MilSim OP (along with your father) will go a long way as well.

EDIT: I am generalizing WE, this is how I feel, and the general consensus I have gotten from most players across the country.  It doesn't apply to everyone or every situation.
RED 2
Red Dagger I
Balkan Hammer II

Offline Hendrix2247

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Nitro1.

As for how we view younger players, its really about in-Op character, not what character we hear about on the boards.  If in game you show the proper respect for a MilSim operation (and the Combat Challenge OPs are very strict MilSim), and act above your age and respect the (sometimes very foolish) "orders" of the vets, you will have no problems.  

Most, if not all, of the players will know you, and the image associated with minors might start you off in the red, but be a team player, listen more than you talk, and do what your squad leader says, even if your ego might get hurt if you get wiped, and you will get along just fine.  Having a little understanding of what it is to be in a MilSim OP (along with your father) will go a long way as well.

EDIT: I am generalizing WE, this is how I feel, and the general consensus I have gotten from most players across the country.  It doesn't apply to everyone or every situation.

Thank you for the insight. I will try my best to follow orders, and act as maturely as possible

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »

Apologies for the misunderstanding but that page is out of date and needs updating.  Altered_Soul has the correct and current ruling...

Alright, I know the age rules, but I have a question: Would a MATURE 14-year old with his father playing meet a lot of criticism?

Just so you know, the 18+ and associated rules has nothing to do with criticism of age.  It has everything to do with liability, legality, and responsibility.  

That said I believe the set in stone rule is 18+, with 16+ being allowed if vouched for by a reliable source.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry to be the spoiler of hope, but I am quite sure if these OPs are successful (and they certainly have been from my perspective), then you should expect to see them continue until you are 16 with a potential vouch.

For Combat Challenge events you must be 18 or older, you can be 16 or 17 if your sponsored by an adult who is playing in the same unit as you.  This is a different rule set then AA's and is mostly mandated by what the National Guard is willing to let the staff do or not.  I am not staff but have a pretty good familiarity with the event mechanics and staff, so please disregard my reply if they answer different.  However, that said this was set in stone for Red Dagger forward.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline Altered_Soul

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »
Yeah thats what I was thinking, what Kiley said.

About the whole respect issue though, it still holds true for any big game, if a minor is allowed in.  Hell for the most part its what adults should stick by as well.
RED 2
Red Dagger I
Balkan Hammer II

Offline Kilo Sandman

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
Any ideas when registration will open or any other offical information on this op will be posted?

Offline Seedy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deserthawks.org
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »
Quote from: "Kilo Sandman"
Any ideas when registration will open or any other offical information on this op will be posted?

the first thing you'll want to do is register for the forums on the Combat Challenge website- www.airsoftchallenge.com
most of the intel about the OP will be released there first.

Offline CipherBlue

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Desert Hawks
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2008, 04:14:26 AM »
I'll make it but this will probably be my last Major operation in the USA for a couple of years.
"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." ~ Elbert Hubbard

Offline madcatjoe

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:14 AM »
damn... i am totally ready to go to this game... except it is the weekend before the Marine Corps ball (nov10)!
damn
i dont think i can go then. i really wanted to...
-Joe
We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we overran his perimeter and stole the Globe, and we\'ve been running the show ever since.
Semper Fidelis

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:38 PM »
In case you haven't been by airsoftchallenge.com, the BH2 page and intel section are updated.  Looks like BH2 will see us in Georgia dealing with real world events happening today.  I am not sure when staff will open registration but my guess would be soon.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline Veles

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »
Are those team/camo sets on the site the official colors and teams?

I need to get me a set and such before the event! As does my buddy.
Trees can really screw up a perfect grenade throw.

Well, a potentially perfect grenade throw.

Offline Seedy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deserthawks.org
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »
Quote from: "Veles"
Are those team/camo sets on the site the official colors and teams?

I need to get me a set and such before the event! As does my buddy.

tell me about it.. for Red Dagger we had to order our stuff from Russia...